Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1285 Talkback: Off the Racks

2»

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Groovy. nah i can't give the prequels a rousing thumbs up more an ambivelent shrug. let me dig around in the geek-cave and see if i can locate my copy of the stories and i'll run over to kinkos and see what a copy would cost. do you want it bound with a soft cover or just loose paper? My Ma is coming up for a visit this weekend from St.Louis so gimmie a week or so to get back to you if you don't mind.

Really? you're actually named Corwin, thats fantastic! My buddy Madcap named me Random in college because I was constatly getting into ridiculous hair-brained situations and somehow managing to come out on top. not unlike a certain womanizing drummer who finishes up on the throne...
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    Corwin said:

Wow Jamie...you think they've wiped things clean? Scarlet Witch still has that stigma, Cyclops now has a stigma and the Marvel U will fear and hate the mutants even more.

Honestly though, how much farther could Marvel push the Mutants? How much farther could they push the mutants? Where could they have gone? Enough people were complaining about Cyclops' direction for the X-Men so it felt like it was time for change. The Phoenix has jump started the X gene there won't be any threat of it corrupting mutants. It wouldn't be the first time it saved the mutant race.

(Don't worry Jamie...Marvel will pull you back in...I'll say March. Let's how you'll see in March.)

Possibly but I am bullheaded at times, I really meant wiped clean from where Bendis et al. took over the reins of their books. No real baggage means you can tell new stories
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    @JamieD - Are you going to try out any of the Fraction FF books? They're not $3.99, not sure if they double shipped though.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    probably not, only because Mark Bagley will do the art and I cannot get past that, I LOVE Hickman and his Avengers may be the one to get me to spend the 3.99 but only time and reading will tell
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    JamieD said:

Possibly but I am bullheaded at times, I really meant wiped clean from where Bendis et al. took over the reins of their books. No real baggage means you can tell new stories

A good writer can make anything work. I love the history Marvel has and they pride themselves on building on that...except for when you know...they erase marriages kind like how the distinguished competition erases their whole universe and start over. :)
    random73 said:

Groovy. nah i can't give the prequels a rousing thumbs up more an ambivelent shrug. let me dig around in the geek-cave and see if i can locate my copy of the stories and i'll run over to kinkos and see what a copy would cost. do you want it bound with a soft cover or just loose paper? My Ma is coming up for a visit this weekend from St.Louis so gimmie a week or so to get back to you if you don't mind.

Really? you're actually named Corwin, thats fantastic! My buddy Madcap named me Random in college because I was constatly getting into ridiculous hair-brained situations and somehow managing to come out on top. not unlike a certain womanizing drummer who finishes up on the throne...

Absolutely no rush. Take your time. Thanks again!
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    @corwin The Amber books were recommended to me by a friend who named his first son Corwin because he loved the books so much. That same person told me all copies of the Bettancourt books should be lit on fire.

I loved the series but haven't read the prequels. After my buddy's review I figured there were better books to spend my time on.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Ahhh, I think Jamie is being mind-controlled by Julian now. Heh-heh...
    I agree that the AvX ending could've been better, but it wasn't bad. I still liked it!
    It IS interesting how the DC guy (Pants) switched to being excited for Marvel and the Marvel Zombie (Jamie) is down on Marvel and liking DC better. As for the "clean slate": what's wrong with it? I'm SURE the storylines will continue but it's proper etiquette for writers to leave new writers openings for new stories. They just cleaned slate in an event book. Cyclops will still be in jail and there will probably still be "consequences" for the rest of the Phoenix Five. I do sort of agree with the "No More Events" for a couple of years idea, though....Oh, you guys are starting to get into stuff I haven't read yet, so...laters.