Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Transformers 4

GregGreg Posts: 1,946
Why, Michael Bay, why?! Just please leave my beloved giant transforming robots alone.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/10/16/transformers-4-new-characters-and-recurring-cast-revealed/

Why do we need humans at all? Just give me Cybertronians that are not Bayformers, with a story that was worked on with the guys at IDW, and just have a good amount of heavy metal fighting. I don't need stinking humies muddling up the story.

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
  • Options

You mutie.

I didn't think the sixth toe counted....
  • Options
    brydeemerbrydeemer Posts: 216
    I can't wait. I've enjoyed all three movies and look forward to more.

Giant robots smashing stuff. Michael Bay is perfect for that.

Bry
  • Options
    They are good for what they are, Bay is great at bringing the action, I just wish the writing would be much more solid. If I can find it again, he did a recent interview saying the designs for the bots will will be tweaked to have some of the G1 looks.
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    As far as humans in the series...

I liked the military training with, and fighting capably alongside the Autobots in the third movie.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    still better than getting a root canal treatment
  • Options

I liked the military training with, and fighting capably alongside the Autobots in the third movie.

That was fine, had no problem with that. Don't care for the obligatory late teen/early 20something human tag alongs.
  • Options
    Greg said:

That was fine, had no problem with that. Don't care for the obligatory late teen/early 20something human tag alongs.
    I'm with you there.

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    brydeemer said:

Bry

Agreed. I can't wait for more if this.
  • Options
    GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
    I don't mind human characters as such, I'd just like some different ones than they've used in the past...the humour has become much too broad.
  • Options

still better than getting a root canal treatment

Hmm... okay, yeah, I'll give you that. If I had to choose between watching any of the Transformer films and getting a root canal, then I'd take the movies.

But, if the choice was between sitting through any of these movies or sitting in an empty room watching paint dry for an equal amount of time, I'm taking my bucket of popcorn and watching paint.
  • Options
    Bay says Wahlberg is in for TF4. I'm cool with that, just keep the teenagers out of it please.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/08/transformers-4-gets-a-new-logo-and-mark-wahlberg/
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    @Greg Unfortunately I don't think you will ever get your wish for these live action films, as scenes with humans are so much cheaper to do.
  • Options
    edited November 2012
    I'm fine with humans depending on the role they serve to the story. The whole thing with NEST was cool, it reminds me a lot of Skywatch in IDW's Transformers run, I've just grown bored with the teenage sidekicks and I'm not alone in that.

And allow me to plug what IDW is doing with TF, the creative teams on the RiD and MTMtE are knocking it out of the park.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Greg said:

I'm fine with humans depending on the role they serve to the story. The whole thing with NEST was cool, it reminds me a lot of Skywatch in IDW's Transformers run, I've just grown bored with the teenage sidekicks and I'm not alone in that.

And allow me to plug what IDW is doing with TF, the creative teams on the RiD and MTMtE are knocking it out of the park.

I hear you. I just wish they did better things with the humans. There are some terrible actors (and non-actors, in the case of some of the models hired) in those movies, but there are also some fantastic actors. But they are all given poopy material to do and direction to work with. I don't think I have ever seen John Tuturro be worse than he is in those movies. Oh well.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    edited November 2012
    Greg said:

Bay says Wahlberg is in for TF4. I'm cool with that, just keep the teenagers out of it please.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/08/transformers-4-gets-a-new-logo-and-mark-wahlberg/

Looks like you won't be getting your wish. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the three leads will be Mark Wahlberg's character, his daughter and her race car driver boyfriend. They say Paramount is only offering strict three-picture deals, so you're looking at a new trilogy with more teens at the forefront.

Isabelle Cornish and Nicola Peltz are in the running to play Wahlberg's daughter. Luke Grimes, Landon Liboiron, Brenton Thwaites, Jack Reynor and Hunter Parrish are competing for the boyfriend.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    tazmaniak said:

Greg said:

Looks like you won't be getting your wish. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the three leads will be Mark Wahlberg's character, his daughter and her race car driver boyfriend. They say Paramount is only offering strict three-picture deals, so you're looking at a new trilogy with more teens at the forefront.

Isabelle Cornish and Nicola Peltz are in the running to play Wahlberg's daughter. Luke Grimes, Landon Liboiron, Brenton Thwaites, Jack Reynor and Hunter Parrish are competing for the boyfriend.
    Quite frankly, as long as Peter Cullen is voicing Optimas Prime, I don't care whose cast in this thing.

M
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    I am not a huge Transformer fan. But was very disappointed in the first film. Tried to watch the second one and couldnt make it through it.
  • Options
    I saw the first film and enjoyed it, but found that a lot of the photography gave me vertigo. Didn't bother with any of the sequels.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Bring back Megan Fox!
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    What I got out of that is that Hugo Weaving is batshit crazy
  • Options
    kiwijase said:

Bring back Megan Fox!

I disagree with that wholeheartedly. (Without pressing the disagree button!)
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451

kiwijase said:

Bring back Megan Fox!

Taking the long way 'round eh?
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    brydeemer said:

Bry

I enjoyed the first one for what it was, big transforming robots breaking $#!+. The second one was waaaay too long, but I don't think that shortening it would have helped. It was okay. The third movie was a bit of a surprise to me. I didn't have high expectations for it and I think we can all agree it wasn't Citizen Kane, but I thought it was a lot of fun. (1) It's Michael Bay and (2) it's based off of a toy line and cartoon from the 80's. If you expected a Best Picture Oscar winner, then I question your taste in well, anything. ;) If there was anything I didn't like about all of the movies, it would be the over and under acting from the human cast.
  • Options
    kiwijase said:

kiwijase said:

Bring back Megan Fox!

Taking the long way 'round eh?
    Hey, I could always anonymously disagree if you like... ;)
    fredzilla said:

brydeemer said:

Bry

I enjoyed the first one for what it was, big transforming robots breaking $#!+. The second one was waaaay too long, but I don't think that shortening it would have helped. It was okay. The third movie was a bit of a surprise to me. I didn't have high expectations for it and I think we can all agree it wasn't Citizen Kane, but I thought it was a lot of fun. (1) It's Michael Bay and (2) it's based off of a toy line and cartoon from the 80's. If you expected a Best Picture Oscar winner, then I question your taste in well, anything. ;) If there was anything I didn't like about all of the movies, it would be the over and under acting from the human cast.
    I found three to be surprisingly fun.

And I loved that the Autobots were training with NEST to take down Decepticons.

And also: "We will kill them all."
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I saw all three. The first one was okay. Kind of boring though. The second one was terrible and the third was okay. I agree with @Matt though in that as long as Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus Prime. If he's not voicing the iconic character, then forget it.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    jaydee74 said:

I saw all three. The first one was okay. Kind of boring though. The second one was terrible and the third was okay. I agree with @Matt though in that as long as Peter Cullen is voicing Optimus Prime. If he's not voicing the iconic character, then forget it.

Having no Peter Cullen works for the rest of the world

;)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Grimlock, Swoop, Hound and Galvatron

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=20122&ss=as

If they go with the Megatron is Galvatron route like the animated movie, that's already one strike against them.

A "samurai" Decepticon sounds like we might get Bludgeon, the only other person I can think of it being is IDW's take on Drift.
  • Options
    Greg said:

Grimlock, Swoop, Hound and Galvatron

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=20122&ss=as

If they go with the Megatron is Galvatron route like the animated movie, that's already one strike against them.

A "samurai" Decepticon sounds like we might get Bludgeon, the only other person I can think of it being is IDW's take on Drift.

Is the strike because they are bring back Megatron.... again?