Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Movie News: Justice League set for 2015

2»

Comments

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I like the way Cyborg has been put into the team. The fact he's feeling like he doesn't belong in the team, yet he's the only one who actually needs it to work out is really working for me. I see how you feel he's been forced into the team, but I think the way they're handling yet, with his story, is working.

I think they'll struggle to live up to the avengers. But I'm in agreement with everyone else who's saying WB and DC need to put a load if money into writing it. Because that's what really made Avengers work for me.
  • Options
    Justice League movie... heh... sure.

Oh, I'll give it this - it is more likely than a "Ghostbusters 3" with the original cast... but so is cold fusion, so...
  • Options
    We definitely need Lucas 'Snapper' Carr in there somewhere.
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    I do not have high hopes for this movie. That is all
  • Options
    Here's a rumoured rundown of what heroes will be in the movie.
  • Options
    Here's a different list from Latino Review through /Film.

Not that it's completely different, just pared down and reduced a couple from the other article from January 2 to cameos.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Well, he makes some points but I fail to see how any of them dont just as equally apply to the Marvel stable?
  • Options
    mrfusionmrfusion Posts: 186
    It is from AINC, so take it with a grain of salt.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60830

Beaks here...

Y'know, maybe this JUSTICE LEAGUE movie just doesn't want to be made.

According to Badass Digest kingpin Devin Faraci, multiple sources are telling him that the Will Beall (GANGSTER SQUAD) screenplay for JUSTICE LEAGUE has been tossed because it is awful. Beall's script reportedly had Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern taking on Darkseid, the Jack Kirby-created villain who wreaks havoc with his Omega Beam. Now, Faraci's sources are questioning whether the film will ever get made.

JUSTICE LEAGUE has been plagued by a long, uncertain development. There was the near-miss with director George Miller in 2007, which was almost rushed into production due to the impending WGA strike. And now there's the current iteration, which evidently won't move forward unless MAN OF STEEL is a massive hit. After the fizzling out of GREEN LANTERN and the conclusion of Christopher Nolan's Batman series, Warner Bros. and D.C. are basically stuck at square one with their answer to Marvel Studios' thriving series of superhero movies. The problem seems to be their desire to rush into JUSTICE LEAGUE without establishing its core five heroes with their own movies. Perhaps the scrapping of Beall's script is a sign that WB is finally taking a more measured approach to developing the big-screen D.C. brand.

Or maybe JUSTICE LEAGUE is Warner Bros' DON QUIXOTE.
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    From what I've heard of Gangster Squad's script, this may not be a big loss.
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    mrfusion said:

It is from AINC, so take it with a grain of salt.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60830

Beaks here...

Y'know, maybe this JUSTICE LEAGUE movie just doesn't want to be made.

According to Badass Digest kingpin Devin Faraci, multiple sources are telling him that the Will Beall (GANGSTER SQUAD) screenplay for JUSTICE LEAGUE has been tossed because it is awful. Beall's script reportedly had Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash and Green Lantern taking on Darkseid, the Jack Kirby-created villain who wreaks havoc with his Omega Beam. Now, Faraci's sources are questioning whether the film will ever get made.

JUSTICE LEAGUE has been plagued by a long, uncertain development. There was the near-miss with director George Miller in 2007, which was almost rushed into production due to the impending WGA strike. And now there's the current iteration, which evidently won't move forward unless MAN OF STEEL is a massive hit. After the fizzling out of GREEN LANTERN and the conclusion of Christopher Nolan's Batman series, Warner Bros. and D.C. are basically stuck at square one with their answer to Marvel Studios' thriving series of superhero movies. The problem seems to be their desire to rush into JUSTICE LEAGUE without establishing its core five heroes with their own movies. Perhaps the scrapping of Beall's script is a sign that WB is finally taking a more measured approach to developing the big-screen D.C. brand.

Or maybe JUSTICE LEAGUE is Warner Bros' DON QUIXOTE.

There's only one way this movie goes forward and that's if Man Of Steel makes $500 million or more around the world. If MoS is good, this should be easily within range. If its just kinda bleh than it won't happen.
  • Options
    I've said it in threads before - this movie? Never gonna happen.

WB lacks the courage of their convictions in this. They are constantly hedging their bets on it.

"Green Lantern will be the Action Comics #1 of our movie universe!"

Unless it underperforms, in which case... it won't be.

"Man of Steel is gonna be the foundation that we will build the Justice League movie on!"

But we are gonna wait and see how that performs before we actually commit to doing a Justice League movie.

WB wants an "Iron Man"-esque success to build its DC Movie Universe off of... but at this rate, I don't know if they will ever get it.

I don't think Man of Steel is gonna do it. Other than among superhero fans, I don't hear anything about the movie. There seems to be a complete lack of buzz.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe others are seeing an excitement building.
  • Options
    I think the only excitement I see building from the general audience regarding the 'Man of Steel' movie lies in the fact that it's Superman on the big screen. I think they all seem to be expecting cool effects. Like it's just another popcorn movie. They seem to be conditioned to think of DC movies as visually grand, but not much of substance (The Dark Knight trilogy being the exception)
  • Options

I've said it in threads before - this movie? Never gonna happen.

WB lacks the courage of their convictions in this. They are constantly hedging their bets on it.

"Green Lantern will be the Action Comics #1 of our movie universe!"

Unless it underperforms, in which case... it won't be.

"Man of Steel is gonna be the foundation that we will build the Justice League movie on!"

But we are gonna wait and see how that performs before we actually commit to doing a Justice League movie.

WB wants an "Iron Man"-esque success to build its DC Movie Universe off of... but at this rate, I don't know if they will ever get it.

I don't think Man of Steel is gonna do it. Other than among superhero fans, I don't hear anything about the movie. There seems to be a complete lack of buzz.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe others are seeing an excitement building.

Well, to be fair i dont think the hype machine has really started yet. I am the only person i know who is into comics, but many of my friends know about MoS
  • Options
    Rumour: Nolan producing JL movie! Via Den of Geek.
  • Options
    I'm not sure if thats a good thing or not.
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited March 2013
    As long JGL isn't playing the role of Batman!

Truthfully, I hope even Bale doesn't play Batman in this. He has been the best ACTOR to play the role, but this movie should start the rebooted future of the character. If Bale is Batman, then it'd have to be crowbarred in between TDK & TDKR or pick up at the end of TDKR. I like Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy to stand alone and not be connected with any other DC universes.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

If Bale is Batman, then it'd have to be crowbarred in between TDK & TDKR or pick up at the end of TDKR. I like Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy to stand alone and not be connected with any other DC universes.

I very briefly thought about that possibility earlier when posting the link above. It would have to be very early during the 8 year absence of Batman in Gotham/Bruce Wayne as hermit. And Batman's involvement could be very behind the scenes and stealthy when in the field. It would make more sense that it would be between Batman Begins and TDK. That's supposed to be a six month period, isn't it? And he was supposed to be active during that period, fighting crime.
  • Options

Matt said:

If Bale is Batman, then it'd have to be crowbarred in between TDK & TDKR or pick up at the end of TDKR. I like Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy to stand alone and not be connected with any other DC universes.

I very briefly thought about that possibility earlier when posting the link above. It would have to be very early during the 8 year absence of Batman in Gotham/Bruce Wayne as hermit. And Batman's involvement could be very behind the scenes and stealthy when in the field. It would make more sense that it would be between Batman Begins and TDK. That's supposed to be a six month period, isn't it? And he was supposed to be active during that period, fighting crime.
    Yeah, he was active for a year before "disappearing" at the end of TDK. It could give us the Tumbler again (I love that vehicle), but it would also give us his initial batsuit as well. Although I do like the simplicity of the suit (the revised suit has too many ornamental type patterns), the cowl wasn't as "actor friendly" as the revised suit. I'm not sure Bale would wear the old cowl and suit now.

M
  • Options

Matt said:

Yeah, he was active for a year before "disappearing" at the end of TDK. It could give us the Tumbler again (I love that vehicle), but it would also give us his initial batsuit as well. Although I do like the simplicity of the suit (the revised suit has too many ornamental type patterns), the cowl wasn't as "actor friendly" as the revised suit. I'm not sure Bale would wear the old cowl and suit now.

As for AFTER TDK, we'd see a limping Batman and would drastically reduce how much he would appear in the movie to prevent any issues with the established timeline. Plus, if they are going to reboot the franchise in 2017, it's probably best to start here to ensure (possible) multiple JLA movies with the same cast.

M
  • Options
    I just had a thought... What if this Justice League movie, with Nolan now producing it, isn't really the Justice League as we comics readers know it? What if it's only a Superman/Batman movie?
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Not only do I not believe this will happen, but I'm probably the only person on the planet who doesn't want it to.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    batlaw said:

Not only do I not believe this will happen, but I'm probably the only person on the planet who doesn't want it to.

I certainly don't think you're the only person on the planet who doesn't want it. At least in regards to Nolan's involvement. I just can't see his sensibilities being a good fit for the Justice League and it's characters.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Imagine a world - where no geek or nerd has a say in the making of a superhero movie.... :O)
  • Options

Imagine a world - where no geek or nerd has a say in the making of a superhero movie.... :O)

I'd replace "geek or nerd" with "fan". I listen to enough sports talk radio to realize sports fans think they have just as much impact on a team's decisions as any superhero movie fan.

M
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
  • Options

I'm all 3 ;)

I argue with people all 3 are the same thing. I feel like comic book/Star Wars/Star Trek/etc suffer from the "Tissue/Bandage" error.

People have a tendency to ask for a Kleenex or a Band-Aid, not realizing they are actually name brands for tissues & bandages, respectfully. BTW, the "beloved" Big Bang Theory doesn't help!

I geek out on my Boston sports teams as much as I do with comics, movies, & my career!

M
  • Options
    Its all just speculation. There will be soooo many rumors. When Man of Steel becomes a hit or miss... Then we'll see movement. not expecting a JL movie until 2017.