Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel (not quite) Now... Uncanny Avengers delayed!

Some were worried about this and it has happened...

bleedingcool.com/2012/10/23/uncanny-avengers-2-delayed-a-couple-of-weeks/

Issue 2 has been pushed back to November 28th!

Comments

• Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Interesting. One of DC's strongest impulses with the New 52 has been to make sure that the trains run on time. Having gotten used to that, this seems like quite a stumble right out of the starting gate.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Time for e Very Special Episode of CGS!
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275
    But at least for the first two months it won't be double shipped! :)
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    This party's OVER!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Oh well.

As with Astonishing, it sure is pretty. . . and maybe I will switch to the trades.
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458

Interesting. One of DC's strongest impulses with the New 52 has been to make sure that the trains run on time. Having gotten used to that, this seems like quite a stumble right out of the starting gate.

If I remember correctly this also happened with the new 52 I just do not remember the title.
  • Options
    demonbeardemonbear Posts: 159
    bats00 said:

only to be triple shipped!
  • Options
    demonbear said:

bats00 said:

only to be triple shipped!
    Yeaaah!

Errr... I mean booooo.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Another reason to stay away from Marvel at the moment. Man, they don't do themselves any favours do they?
  • Options
    luke52 said:

Another reason to stay away from Marvel at the moment. Man, they don't do themselves any favours do they?

Sometimes... sometimes words hurt.

• Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392

luke52 said:

I'm sorry @DoctorDoom I was really intrigued when I heard about Marvel Now. But seeing all the double shipping on $3.99 books really put me off. I wanted to be the time I really jumped back into marvel. Late shipping is a real pet peev of mine. The fact this is such a huge incentive at Marvel right now late shipping just shouldn't be happening. I'm sure i'll still pick up a few, but not as many as I initially wanted to.

I'm not angry with Marvel... I'm just disappointed.
  • Options
    Late shipping means that someone somewhere couldn't keep to schedule for some reason (and the reasons vary from legitimate-family-emergencies to wow-what-a-party-that-was-and-what-month-is-this?), and editorial didn't have a back-up plan to cover the possibility of one.
  • Options
    luke52 said:

luke52 said:

I'm sorry @DoctorDoom I was really intrigued when I heard about Marvel Now. But seeing all the double shipping on $3.99 books really put me off. I wanted to be the time I really jumped back into marvel. Late shipping is a real pet peev of mine. The fact this is such a huge incentive at Marvel right now late shipping just shouldn't be happening. I'm sure i'll still pick up a few, but not as many as I initially wanted to.

I'm not angry with Marvel... I'm just disappointed.
    I don't want to hear your excuses, @luke52!

Kidding. I get where you're coming from.
  • Options
    I miss fill-in issues...
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275

I miss fill-in issues...

Yeah, but I don't want double shipped fill-in's.
  • Options
    bats00 said:

I miss fill-in issues...

Yeah, but I don't want double shipped fill-in's.
    That's what she said.

• Options
    danGPdanGP Posts: 65
    Where's Jim Shooter when you need him?
  • Options
    danGP said:

Where's Jim Shooter when you need him?

Perfect timing.

• Options
    PaulPaul Posts: 169
    Webhead said:

If I remember correctly this also happened with the new 52 I just do not remember the title.
    An issue of JLA was delayed by a week, but still shipped in its solicited month, and Batman Inc 3 shipped on time, but they asked that it be kept off the shelves in deference to Aurora.
  • Options
    Paul said:

Webhead said:

An issue of JLA was delayed by a week, but still shipped in its solicited month, and Batman Inc 3 shipped on time, but they asked that it be kept off the shelves in deference to Aurora.
    Batman Inc #4, on the other hand, is a couple of months late; it was supposed to ship before #0, but wound up getting switched around, probably so as not to screw up Zero Month.

On the other hand, it's not really one of the New52, I don't think.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Paul said:

Perhaps they'll change the name to Marvel Soon. ;)

Marvel Eventually?

Marvel When?

Marvel Why Bother?
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Marvel Whenever

Matthew
  • Options
    Paul said:

Perhaps they'll change the name to Marvel Soon. ;)

HA!
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Again, while this is not surprising, given the delays that Astonishing used to have, it is fair to remember that both of the Big 2 used to have delays all over the place. This is the first Marvel delay I can remember* in awhile. It seems to be the exception rather than the norm. One delayed book does not a whole line make.

*I'm sure someone will correct me if I missed one.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206

Late shipping means that someone somewhere couldn't keep to schedule for some reason (and the reasons vary from legitimate-family-emergencies to wow-what-a-party-that-was-and-what-month-is-this?), and editorial didn't have a back-up plan to cover the possibility of one.

In the 2nd issue!?
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    edited October 2012
    JDick said:

In the 2nd issue!?
    Yeah, it doesn't sound good when it happens as soon as the second issue.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    I just read the 1st issue in my DCBS order. That was some good, high quality stuff. I can wait a bit as long as it is well done. I have seen too much s%*tty art and storytelling in the past that I can wait if the end result reads as good as issue#1.
  • Options
    I just cannot pay $3.99 for a comic. I've tried it a few times. Don't like how I feel afterwards.
  • Options
    I expect an imminent announcement from Marvel about a new Uncanny Avengers mini series just to make sure they can get there 24 issues a year out (a la Wolverine & The X-Men).

I really liked issue one, I know a lot of people were very 'meh' about it, but I wasn't expecting anything resembling a monthly book from Cassaday. I followed Astonishing X-men issue to issue... I have no problem with marvel switching up artists from story arc to story arc. My concern is that as soon as they get another artist to fill in, rather than space the issues out to allow Cassaday a bit of time, they'll just double ship 'em, and we'll be running late again after another couple of issues!