Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel (not quite) Now... Uncanny Avengers delayed!

2»

Comments

• Options

I expect an imminent announcement from Marvel about a new Uncanny Avengers mini series just to make sure they can get there 24 issues a year out (a la Wolverine & The X-Men).

I really liked issue one, I know a lot of people were very 'meh' about it, but I wasn't expecting anything resembling a monthly book from Cassaday. I followed Astonishing X-men issue to issue... I have no problem with marvel switching up artists from story arc to story arc. My concern is that as soon as they get another artist to fill in, rather than space the issues out to allow Cassaday a bit of time, they'll just double ship 'em, and we'll be running late again after another couple of issues!

You know, that does bring up an interesting point. Most of the artists today are so detail-oriented (what the industry once referred to as 'rivet artists' because they felt compelled to draw every single rivet on an aircraft) that they can't finish their work fast enough to stay on a monthly schedule. Gone are the days when most artists could regularly turn in a monthly book. Given this, how the heck does Marvel expect any of them to turn work in on time for a bi-weekly book!?