Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Marvel Now! Reviews and Trends So Far (spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    edited February 2013
    Thor: God Of Thunder When Mat Fraction started his Thor: Ages of Thunder series of one shots I thought wow, this is the type of Thor story I wanted to see. It was apart of the Marvel Universe, but it felt like as much an exploration of the Norse stories as a Marvel story. A kind of timeless version of Thor. Matt Fraction did not really tap into that same feeling with his Mighty Thor run.

For me, Jason Aaron has tapped into that same sort of narrative appeal. The artwork is fantastic, and the storyline is in the same timeless idea.
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    New Avengers It is no secret I am not a Bendis fan. I thought Illuminati concept was a good that wasn't really explored all that well. Hickman is off to a good start of setting who these men are and how they interact. I am not sure I understand why they would choose to keep this particular crisis secret. Hopefully, the series gives a good reason to keep things going clandestinely.
  • Options
    bats00bats00 Posts: 275

Has Ms. America appeared before, and if so (or even if not), how does she connect to Lil' Loki?)

Ms. America first appeared in the Vengeance mini from 2011. I think I remember Loki appearing in it but don't think there was any connection to her.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Fearless Defenders #1 was a surprise. I knew going into this that Cullen Bunn was a good writer and all, which was what made me check this out, but still, Valkyrie and Misty Knight (while fine characters) are kind of an odd duo to headline a book. But Bunn wrote them well, and each had a very distinct voice, manner, and style (beyond the obvious differences, I mean), and I think it will be fun to see how those mesh (or don't mesh) over time, especially as other characters enter the mix. I thought Dr. Annabelle Riggs was a fun character, too, and I hope she sticks around. Archeologist/adventurer with an expertise in Asgardian/Norse culture and an more-than-professional interest in Valkyrie... yeah, there's a lot of story potential there.

I'd be tempted to trade-wait on this, but I suspect this is the sort of book that'll need the monthly support, so I think this is getting added to the pull list. Really looking forward to seeing where this goes.
  • Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    I am reading three ongoing Marvel titles right now, which is more than I have read in years--Daredevil, Hawkeye, and FF. I heard good things about Captain Marvel, and tried the first issue. I was "meh" on it, but will read one more.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    kfreeman said:

I am reading three ongoing Marvel titles right now, which is more than I have read in years--Daredevil, Hawkeye, and FF. I heard good things about Captain Marvel, and tried the first issue. I was "meh" on it, but will read one more.

Good picks!
    I agree with you on "Captain" Marvel. I don't understand what all the hype is about. I really wanted to like Carol's new book, gave it four issues, but it was fairly lacklustre... And I hate the new costume (and haircut).