Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

99¢/Discounted comiXology SALES!

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited September 2015
    Just my opinion, but the canon debate is kind of silly. All it means is that Disney and Marvel don't want to deal with all of the continuity/world building they didn't have a hand in creating. The stories still exist, it's just that you likely won't hear about those characters, their actions, or plot lines in the more recent offerings.

They do have the omnibus of the original Marvel stuff and Brian Wood's great series. Last time the were on sale I hit the original series omnibus and the Rogue Squadron omnibus (I used to have the PC game). Haven't gotten into them yet, but they're there.
  • Options
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    Not a sale, but Weekly Shonen Jump is now on Comixology and you aren't going to get better value than that on a weekly basis.

99cents/69pence for 100+ pages of comics weekly.
  • Options
  • Options
    Age of Ultron collection is only 3.99
    and hickman's A-World collection 3.99

just bought both
  • Options
    bamfbamf said:

Age of Ultron collection is only 3.99

Thought about it for a second but then decide "no." Not even for a penny, I heard it was that bad. :)
  • Options
    3.99 for 10 issues though
  • Options
    i just read the whole thing... i thought it was pretty good... not sure why people hated it?
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited September 2015
    bamfbamf said:
    Black Science
    And I enjoyed volume 1 of Deadly Class
    I'm trying Low & Strange Girl
  • Options
    It's not on the sale list, but I would recommend Fear Agent too. If you've not read it you can give it a try just in time its tenth anniversary.
  • Options
  • Options
    I'm all about the astro city sale on comixology. I picked up all 16 issues of dark ages for less than 16 big ones. Just in time too.
  • Options
    seems like most of the batman books on sale are non-core batman books

i'm assuming the 2011 Batman Owl storyline is highly recommend by everyone for me to pick up right?
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    @bamfbamf
    It was good.
    Did you try any of the Rick Remender books from a few weeks ago?
  • Options
    i ended buying BLACK SCIENCE vol. 1... i thought it was just okay... i didn't connect with any of the characters, the concept is not entirely new, the execution was good... i don't think i will be buying vol. 2

shockingly i enjoyed Age of Ultron more than Black Science... blasphemy right???
  • Options
    edited September 2015
    If you get a chance check out Fear Agent. It's published by Darkhorse

And Low was pretty interesting.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I picked up the first two trades of Batman Eternal for £5 on comixology for Batman day. Bargain!!
  • Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    Image NYCC Single Issues Sale
    https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=8471&lang=1

there are SO many awesome looking image books in here!
    but i need some recommendations!
    anyone? please?

Birthright #1
    For the Rhodes family, losing their son was the most devastating thing that could've ever occurred... but it couldn't prepare them for what happened when he returned.

Bitch Planet #1
    2014 Best Writer Eisner Award nominee KELLY SUE DeCONNICK (PRETTY DEADLY, Captain Marvel) and VALENTINE DE LANDRO (X-Factor) team up for the very third time to bring you the premiere issue of BITCH PLANET, their highly-anticipated womenin- prison sci-fi exploitation riff

Burn the Orphanage: Born To Lose #1
    A young orphan named Rock was left for dead, now he's out for revenge!

C.O.W.L. #1
    Welcome to the "Chicago Organized Workers League"- the world's first Super-Hero Labor Union!

Dead Body Road #1
    The men involved in his wife's death must die. All of them.

Deadly Class #1
    Welcome to the most brutal high school on Earth, where the world's top crime families send the next generation of assassins to be trained.

Descender #1
    One young robot's struggle to stay alive in a universe where all androids have been outlawed and bounty hunters lurk on every planet.

Drifter #1
    FROM THE CREATORS OF VIKING: Writer IVAN BRANDON (Wolverine, Men of War) and artist NIC KLEIN (Captain America, Thor) reunite to bring you a sci-fi ONGOING SERIES joining the dark revenge themes of Unforgiven with the mind-bending sci-fi universe-building of Dune.

Drumhellar #1
    When shock-induced visions drive a detective specializing in the paranormal to a small town in South Dakota, he finds himself up against flesh-hungry bog-men, his ex-girlfriend, their mutual ex-girlfriend (did we mention she's a werewolf?), and a demon that's stolen his arsenal of psychedelics.

Egos #1
    A twisted far-future epic! An aging hero risks everything to rebuild his former team - but to do so, he must cross a line with his wife that can't be uncrossed.

Five Ghosts #1
    After a tragic encounter with an artifact known as "The Dreamstone," infamous treasure hunter Fabian Gray was possessed by five literary ghosts and has been granted access to their unique abilities

Ghosted #1
    But when a filthy rich collector breaks him out, he's tasked with putting together an elite team of paranormal experts to do the impossible: Steal a ghost from a haunted house of horrors!

God Hates Astronauts #1
    RYAN BROWNE'S (MANHATTAN PROJECTS, BEDLAM) farcical cult-sensation returns with a new story: perfect for new readers! A NASA funded group of arrogant "super people" must stop a rash of farmers that have been using rocket-powered silos to launch themselves into outer space!

Great Pacific #1
    'TRASHED!' Part One
    Chas Worthington dreams of big things, solving bigger problems, and making his mark on the world.

Injection #1
    Once upon a time, there were five crazy people, and they poisoned the 21st Century. Now they have to deal with the corrosion to try and save us all from a world becoming too weird to support human life.

Morning Glories #1
    The most anticipated new series of the year starts here! Morning Glory Academy is one of the most prestigious prep schools in the country, but behind it's hallowed doors something sinister and deadly lurks.

Nailbiter #1
    Buckaroo, Oregon has given birth to sixteen of the vilest serial killers in the world. An obsessed FBI profiler investigating the town has suddenly gone missing, and now an NSA Agent must work with the notorious serial killer Edward "Nailbiter" Warren to find his friend and solve the mystery of "Where do serial killers come from?

Nowhere Men #1
    'SCIENCE IS THE NEW ROCK 'N' ROLL.' So said Dade Ellis, Simon Grimshaw, Emerson Strange and Thomas Walker at the dawn of a new age of enlightenment that ushered in a boom in scientific advancement.

Outcast #1
    NEW HORROR SERIES FROM THE WALKING DEAD CREATOR ROBERT KIRKMAN! Kyle Barnes has been plagued by demonic possession all his life and now he needs answers.

Postal #1
    The townsfolk of Eden, Wyoming wake up to the first official murder the town has seen in 25 years. Their reaction to this isn't normal, and there's a reason for that. Eden operates as a haven for fugitive criminals who remain here while new identities, often including facial reconstruction, are created for them.

Rasputin #1
    DRACULA AT DOWNTON ABBEY! In one night Rasputin was poisoned, beaten, stabbed, shot in the head, drowned, then tied up and thrown in a frozen river.

Rat Queens #1
    Who are the Rat Queens? A pack of booze-guzzling, death-dealing battle maidens-for-hire, and they're in the business of killing all gods' creatures for profit.

Revival #1
    For one day in rural central Wisconsin, the dead came back to life. Now it's up to Officer Dana Cypress to deal with the media scrutiny, religious zealots, and government quarantine that has come with them.

Roche Limit #1
    "OUR DESTINY IS THE STARS, AND I WILL LEAD US THERE."

Twenty years after this promise, billionaire Langford Skaargard's dream of cosmic exploration is no more.

Rocket Girl #1
    A teenage cop from a high-tech future is sent back in time to 1986 New York City.

Secret Identities #1
    The supergroup known as The Front Line have just invited new hero Crosswind to join them. But what they don't know is that Crosswind is a mole, sent to learn all their secrets.

Sex Criminals #1
    A SEX COMEDY FOR COMICS: Suzie's a normal girl with an extraordinary ability: when she has sex, she stops time.

Shutter #1
    Kate Kristopher, once the most famous explorer of an Earth far more fantastic than the one we know, is forced to return to the adventurous life she left behind when a family secret threatens to destroy everything she spent her life protecting.

Southern Bastards #1
    Welcome to Craw County, Alabama, home of Boss BBQ, the state champion Runnin' Rebs football team...and more bastards than you've ever seen.

Spread #1
    Ten years ago, we dug too deep. We unleashed something ancient that couldn't be controlled.

The Fade Out #1
    The first project from their groundbreaking five-year deal at Image will have ED BRUBAKER and SEAN PHILLIPS fans, old and new, at the edge of their seats, as they weave an epic crime story unlike anything they've done before.

The Li'l Depressed Boy: Supposed To Be There Too #1
    "ALWAYS SOMETHING IN MY BLINDSPOT"

The fan favorite LI'L DEPRESSED BOY returns for the everyday adventures of love, life, and vinyl.

The Wicked + The Divine #1
    Every ninety years, twelve gods incarnate as humans. They are loved. They are hated. In two years, they are dead.

They're Not Like Us #1
    Generation after generation, it's the same old S.O.S.:

There's no hope for the future, because young people think only of themselves.

Thief of Thieves #1
    Conrad Paulson lives a secret double life as master thief Redmond. There is nothing he can't steal, nothing he can't have... except for the life he left behind.

Trees #1
    Ten years after they landed. All over the world. And they did nothing, standing on the surface of the Earth like trees, exerting their silent pressure on the world, as if there were no-one here and nothing under foot.

• Options
    bamfbamfbamfbamf Posts: 718
    Umbral #1
    "THE DAY DAWNED TWICE"
    A NEW DARK FANTASY FROM THE CREATORS OF WASTELAND! The young thief called Rascal witnesses the horrific murder of the royal family - now the world's dark legends will be relived, and only Rascal even knows it's happening!

Undertow #1
    Atlantis is the world superpower, and Redum Anshargal is its worst enemy. If you want to break free of the system, he can offer you a place at his side, exploring the wild surface world in his watertight city barge The Deliverer.

Velvet #1
    ED BRUBAKER and STEVE EPTING redefined Captain America with the "Winter Soldier" saga... and everything they've done so far has been leading to VELVET!

Wayward #1
    BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER FOR A NEW GENERATION! Rori Lane is trying to start a new life when she reunites with her mother in Japan, but ancient creatures lurking in the shadows of Tokyo sense something hidden deep within her, threatening everything she holds dear.

Zero #1
    ZERO is named for its main character, secret agent Edward Zero, a sociopath who solves problems with violence, a perfect execution machine.
  • Options
    I recommend wayward; you can't go wrong with Jim Zub