Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Only The Valiant Podcast

2»

Comments

• Options
    BadDeaconBadDeacon Posts: 120
    Episode 70 is out now!

Everything You Need To Know About Valiant!

For folks new to Valiant, or returning with this summer's relaunch, we discuss everything you might want to know about the Classic Valiant to be ready for the new comics.

Also, we've got discussion of news from C2E2, and thanks to @DarthKramer, an interview with Valiant's Assistant Editor and Publisher at C2E2:

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    @Baddeacon is thre any chance of Zeph ever coming back to the show? I love Jone and Elveen. But in some ways miss Zeph.
  • Options
    @dubbat138 Unfortunately, I think the parting of ways between me and Zeph is permanent. You never know, but for the time being, the parting of ways is permanent.
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    @dubbat138 Unfortunately, I think the parting of ways between me and Zeph is permanent. You never know, but for the time being, the parting of ways is permanent.

I understand. I still love the show and love how it seems it is happening more regularly. I have been listening since the first episode.
  • Options
    Awesome! Thanks. We're on a regular bi-weekly schedule now, with shows released on Sunday. We've finally got new stuff to talk about!
  • Options
    X-O Manowar #1 is out today, and we're celebrating by releasing Episode 71, a conversation with Robert Venditti, writer of X-O Manowar!

This is a full-spoiler discussion, so make sure you read X-O Manowar #1 before listening to this one!

• Options
    Oh shit guess what I saw on comixology today. OK, my question is do I need to know anything about XO Man of War to start reading this book? I know 0 about Valient and I don't want to waste 3.99 on something that is going to leave my scratching my head because I'm not up on the continuity.
  • Options
    @popcornsamurai, this new Valiant has NO continuity carry over from the previous Valiant. It is all completely new, you don't need to know a thing. This first issue completely reintroduces the main character, situation, everything.
  • Options
    Episode 73 is out now, a conversation with Josh Dysart and Collector's Paradise.

We've got a non-spoiler conversation about Harbinger, coming out this week, and talk about the release parties being hosted at Collector's Paradise. The perfect prelude to Harbinger, coming out this week.

Next week we'll have the full-spoilers conversation with Josh about Harbinger, after everybody has a chance to read Harby #1.
  • Options
    If you liked Harbinger, you will love our discussion with Joshua Dysart about it! Check it out here:

• Options
    Part 1 of our San Diego Comic-Con discussion, wrap-up, etc, is right here! Recorded after Thursday at the show, we discuss Preview Night and Thursday!

• Options
    Hey Kids! Comics!

It's time for another fun hour of Valiant Comics talk. We discuss Bloodshot, Harbinger, and X-O Manowar. The best voicemails on the planet! And a new segment, Ask Chiclo!

Listen in to Only The Valiant, the best podcast about Valiant Comics, in the world!
  • Options
    EPISODE 79: ARCHER & ARMSTRONG #1 COMMENTARY TRACK

This is the first of its kind! The World's FIRST audio commentary track for a comic book!

Read through the book, then read through it again as we discuss the book, the story, and the metric ton of references to culture, religion, history, and more. It's jam packed with commentary!

Or get it on iTunes!
  • Options
    You guys should invite Zeph back for episode 100!!
  • Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    DrSoup said:

Or, better still, don't. He really brought down the quality of dialog and created a massive air of disrespect for the balance of the cast.

• Options
    hauberk said:

DrSoup said:

Or, better still, don't. He really brought down the quality of dialog and created a massive air of disrespect for the balance of the cast.

No one is perfect. I just though it would be cool to see all the original OTV hosts for episode 100. So if you see this Sean give send Zeph a message and see if he can come back for that 1 episode. I would hope Jonesy could join too.

• Options
    hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    DrSoup said:

hauberk said:

DrSoup said:

No one is perfect. I just though it would be cool to see all the original OTV hosts for episode 100. So if you see this Sean give send Zeph a message and see if he can come back for that 1 episode. I would hope Jonesy could join too.

Depends on the definition. In general, I'd agree that no one is perfect. Zeph, however, did seem to hit on a level of perfection - perfect disruption to an otherwise good conversation. In general, I dismissed him as a disruptive panelist and never really considered him to be a host.

The rest of the crew seem to take what they're doing relatively seriously and respect one another's views. I've heard a whole lot less talking over other castmates and general mockery since he left the show and the show has been better for that departure. Not sure why you would want to add that back in after they've really hit their stride.

• Options
    hauberk said:

DrSoup said:

hauberk said:

DrSoup said:

Depends on the definition. In general, I'd agree that no one is perfect. Zeph, however, did seem to hit on a level of perfection - perfect disruption to an otherwise good conversation. In general, I dismissed him as a disruptive panelist and never really considered him to be a host.

The rest of the crew seem to take what they're doing relatively seriously and respect one another's views. I've heard a whole lot less talking over other castmates and general mockery since he left the show and the show has been better for that departure. Not sure why you would want to add that back in after they've really hit their stride.

I don't want it to be permanent. Just a 1 episode thing. I really disagree. While Zeph was sometimes really wandery he also in my opinion did some good to the show. But everyone has different opinions.
  • Options
    Unfortunately, I don't think Zeph will be joining us again on the show, even for 100. That ship, as they say, has sailed.

I was hanging out with Jonesy a bit last weekend, and I DO think there is a very good chance we'll hear him again on the show soon.

Also, sorry for neglecting this thread of late!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    I'm still a newb to the Valiant universe. Started reading the new runs and am loving it so far. Will start listening to your podcast to become an expert ;)
  • Options
    @John_Steed awesome! We are absolutely loving the new Valiant books. They are really, really great. Definitely let us know what you think after you jump in to the books!
  • Options
    Episode 94 has arrived. We discuss Torquehalla and Harbinger #8, and the first arc of Shadowman (issues #1 - 4).

• Options
    Episode 95 is out!. We discuss the latest issues of Bloodshot, issues 7 and 8. This book is gruesomely good!

• Options
    Time to talk about some Archer and some Armstrong. Plus, a little bit of infinity:

• Options
    ROBERT VENDITTI and PLANET DEATH!

Rob stopped by to talk with us about X-O Manowar and the upcoming Planet Death storyline.

• Options
    Time to start the next hundred!

OTV #101: Collector's Satisfaction. We took a bit of a break after the big one-oh-oh to talk about a mellow subject: Collecting comics.

• Options
    Big Pimpin with the Valiant Comics Crew at Wondercon, it's the Valiant After Dark special!

We sat down with the folks from Valiant Comics, as well as Harbinger writer Josh Dysart, and incoming Quantum & Woody writer James Asmus to talk about what's happening and what's coming up with Valiant.

This conversation took place poolside after the show, with drinks in hand, and the conversation definitely reflects that. This conversation was a lot of fun, enjoy!