Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

All-Star Superman

2»

Answers

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    @eric_c that's a good choice. Don't waste time and dollars on things that don't click. I learned this years ago about jms. Morrison is very hit and miss for a lot of folks.
    I am glad I was able to catch it with Morrsion, cause I can picture the money I might have ended up wasting on his stuff
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I have been reading some more Morrison Superman and I think that is just it that I am not a Morrison fan in all stuff he writes and especially don't like his Superman. I have read Action 1-5 twice and am currently reading Final Crisis and Final Crisis: Superman Beyond (yeah, I know, I'm a newb) and I just don't like his Superman. I think I am just going to quit Morrison.
    Superman Beyond was a little... rough fir me the first time around.

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    That's the interesting thing about Morrison. I feel like a lot of it is like poetry. You have to read it once just to get the beats and basic layout. It's on the second read that it starts to click.

We can debate if that much work should be required in comics, but with his dense meta stuff I think that's the approach that works best. It's also the major reason a lot of his stuff misses with me. I feel like if I want complex literature then complex literature is a better choice most of the time.