Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1335 Talkback: Previews

It's Previews time again! We go through the February Previews catalog for items shipping mostly in April. (1:13:39)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    First?!? Yeah, Days of the Mob! I remember when this came out, but the liquor store where I bought my comics didn't carry it. I don't think I can buy it this time either, but it's nice to know that it's out there. Same goes for Kirby's SPIRIT WORLD on page 151! Thanks for pointing out that Batman:LI'L GOTHAM. I'll have to get that!
    Wow, an awesome Jamie mini-rant about the writerless Ultron #1AU!
    The Sesame Street talk was amusing...
    Monkees vs. Chickens? Ah, yeah...the Monkeys take it! (Sorry, Murd!)
    Oh, thanks for pointing out that Tiger&Bunny, Jamie. I think Mizuki Sakakibara used to draw Exiles at Marvel.
    Good episode, guys!
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited February 2013
    Lots of other stuff I wanted but the big two(especially Marvel) destroyed my budget.

MARAVEL

AGE OF ULTRON #4
    AGE OF ULTRON #5
    AGE OF ULTRON #6
    ALL NEW X-MEN #10
    AVENGERS #9
    AVENGERS #10
    DAREDEVIL #25
    FANTASTIC FOUR #6
    FANTASTIC FOUR #7
    FEARLESS DEFENDERS #3
    FF #6
    GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #2
    HAWKEYE #10
    INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #6
    NEW AVENGERS #5
    NOVA #3
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #7
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #8
    THANOS RISING #1 (whoo hoo!)
    UNCANNY X-MEN #4
    UNCANNY X-MEN #5
    X-MEN #1

DC

AQUAMAN #19
    BATMAN #19
    EARTH 2 #11
    GREEN ARROW #19
    JUSTICE LEAGUE #19
    JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #3
    WORLDS FINEST #11
    HE MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #1

MANHATTAN PROJECTS #13
    SAGA #12

DH
    STAR WARS #4

IDW
    DOCTOR WHO PRISONERS OF TIME #4

PREVIEWS #295 APRIL 2013
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited February 2013
    Lucy Knisley's Relish: My Life in the Kitchen jumped out to me, too. She did a comics travelogue of Paris called French Milk a few years back that was a great read, and she's been on my radar ever since. She talks a lot (and well) about food in that book, too, so I have I hopes for this one.

And Adam, if you like Kieron Gillen's Marvel work, give his Image series Phonogram a shot. It's an interesting series based around the idea of music as a kind of magic. Lots and lots of talk about 80s and 90s Britpop, but even if you're not well-versed in the era or the bands, it's pretty easy to follow along (and it helps that Gillen provides plenty of annotations).
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited February 2013
    Boom
    Adventure Time #15
    Adventure Time Fiona & Cake #4
    Adventure Time OGN Vol. 1
    Bravest Warriors #7

Dark Horse
    Abe Sapien Dark & Terrible #1
    Star Wars #4

DC
    Ame-Comi Girls #2
    Earth 2 #11
    He-Man #1
    Superman Family Adventures #12
    Worlds' Finest #11

Dynamite
    Miss Fury #1
    Pathfinder #7
    Red Sonja Unchained #2

IDW
    Dungeons & Dragons Cutter #1
    MLP Freindship Is Magic #1
    Transformers IDW Collection HC Vol 8
    TF More Than Meets The Eye #16
    TF Robots In Disguise #16
    TF Spotlight Trailcutter

Mighty Skullkickers #1
    Revival #9
    Witchblade Day of the Outlaw

Marvel
    Avengers #9 & 10
    Captain Marvel #12
    Deadpool #7 & 8
    Fantastic Four #6 & 7
    Fearless Defenders #3
    FF #6
    Hawkeye #10
    Indestructible Hulk #6
    X-Men #1

Other
    Mylo Xyloto #3
  • Options
    TALTAL Posts: 8
    This was the second Previews episode that you've mentioned that you can order 5 FCBD comics from DCBS. How do you go about that? I can't find them on the site.
  • Options
    TAL said:

This was the second Previews episode that you've mentioned that you can order 5 FCBD comics from DCBS. How do you go about that? I can't find them on the site.

Yeah, it never popped up for me when finalizing my order like it has the previous years.

• Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    on the order completed page there is a place to click to add the FCBD books to your order, I havent done mine this month but added them last month
  • Options
    JamieD said:

on the order completed page there is a place to click to add the FCBD books to your order, I havent done mine this month but added them last month

Thank you @JamieD, I'll check it out.
  • Options
    TALTAL Posts: 8
    Thanks Jamie. It's not easy being new.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210
    Glad I could be of service
  • Options
    How have you guys still not heard of Doctor McNinja!? It's been a popular web-comic for a long time. Haven't you seen the cosplayers? The shirts of the shark high-fiving the gorilla? The creator Chris Hastings also wrote Deadpool: Fear Itself.

Also, I was honored to discover that even though I haven't posted in this forum in many moons, Murd not only remembers me and recommendations I made, but respects my opinion.

With that in mind, I will just say, anyone who isn't reading Brian K. Vaughan's new book, Saga, is a fool. It is the absolute best number one book right now. I'm getting all the trades ASAP. Even people I know who aren't huge on comics are all over it.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Nice to see @Apreche hasn't lost his charme :P
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Apreche said:

I will just say, anyone who isn't reading Brian K. Vaughan's new book, Saga, is a fool. It is the absolute best number one book right now. I'm getting all the trades ASAP. Even people I know who aren't huge on comics are all over it.

Since there is only one trade out it should be easy to get ;) .
    That trade is awesome; I'm not so patiently waiting on volume 2.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Apreche said:

With that in mind, I will just say, anyone who isn't reading Brian K. Vaughan's new book, Saga, is a fool.

"What kind of fool am I?"

Tried it. Liked the art a lot, but the story didn't grab me. I'm glad people are digging it, but I'd hardly chastise someone for not reading it.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    I have to agree with @LibraryBoy. I have been seeing and hearing that kind of terminology a lot lately, especially in reference to Saga. I'm guilty of doing it in the past and it is something that I have made a strong effort to stop doing.

If you like something that much, don't tell me I'm a fool for not reading, watching or listening to it. Sell it to me. Take all of that emotion and passion you have for that book, movie, tv series, band or album and tell me why I should be.

It's a bad form for any fandom to use phrases like that, its a turn off. It's only going to ensure that I never read, watch or listen to it.

• Options
    I'm reading Saga and I am also a fool. So there. :-P