Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1345 Talkback: Comic/TV Talk

First up is some comic talk on the recent Marvel announcements from SXSW and Batman: Zero Year then some TV talk on Dr. Who and the penultimate episodes (SPOILERS!) of Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice. (49:56)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    I foresee Adam using the Muppets theme for his reception intro song when he's married.

M
  • Options
    abuddahabuddah Posts: 133
    edited March 2013
    *to be read in 1960's Batman TV show announcers voice*
    What's this?
    A CGS show under the 50:00 minute mark?
    A new opening borrowed from a beloved children's TV show?
    A high profile sponsor in lieu of a 5 minute supershow talk up?
    A rather subdued Brian Christman making his way through the news with narry a Letterman tick?
    Could this be the start of something different for the CGS crew?
    Whatever you do, don't miss tomorrow's episode, same RSS feed, same URL!

• Options
    With these odd things that abuddah pointed out above, it is even weirder that just last night I had a horrible nightmare that CGS was ending! All just in time before my first visit to Super Show. :( I was glad to find out this morning when I saw there was a new episode, and then I listened to it and didn't hear anything about ending, so I realized it was a dream, and not reality... until abuddah says these things.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited March 2013
    abuddah said:

You know there hasn't been a previews episode yet and DCBService has had the discounts up for over a week. Matt has been around a lot lately too.
    Are we looking at the end of an 8 year run? Could it be over?
    ;)
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    mwhitt80 said:

abuddah said:

You know there hasn't been a previews episode yet and DCBService has had the discounts up for over a week. Matt has been around a lot lately too.
    Are we looking at the end of an 8 year run? Could it be over?
    ;)
    Is this a bad time to tell you about the Twinkie?!

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Is this a bad time to tell you about the Twinkie?!
    M

What about the Twinkie?
  • Options
    the Conspiracy awaits! Theorists, to the forums!

*cue Batman segue music.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    I can understand Adam's frustration over how the Anti-Monitor has been portrayed but he is really the Anti-Monitor in name and appearance. The Red Lanterns aren't exactly like the books either. I'm OK with changing some stuff around here and there.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Eh. I think the Anti-Monitor was used in this as a red herring and to show the potential threat Aya is set up to be after what she does to the Anit-Monitor. I'm okay with the changes and I've enjoyed what we have seen thus far. I'm going to miss these two amazing animated shows but I'll give the two new shows a shot like I do almost all of the DC animated shows. Also, glad to hear that Pants is dipping his toe into Doctor Who. The first season (or series if your British) really gets better with each episode and fun to watch. As someone who loves the classic stuff, I have been LOVING the Doctor Who Revisited specials. I love the 2nd Doctor. So much.
  • Options
    MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    Screw CN for canceling 2 great shows & for what? Another Batman cartoon even though they come out with a Batman cartoon movie every year. & they cancel YJ a serious & gritty show for TT Go a kiddy piece of crap.

I will not watch either of these new shows don't even care if there good or not I've had it with CN..
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I always liked Teen Titans Go so I'll watch that again. I'm intrigued by this Batman cartoon so I'll give it a shot. I had trouble with The Batman and didn't continue with it although I had heard good stuff about later seasons and did enjoy the episodes I saw later on in it's run so I think that's the main reason I want to try out this Batman. Hopefully it will be good.
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    Pants ended the show rather abruptly after Jamie discussed his morning dump ritual. I was rollin.
  • Options
    Pants, I'm almost in the same boat as you with Dr. Who. I have heard the guys on the show talk about it a lot and my closest friend kept urging me to watch it. I don't have Netflix so I wasn't able to go back to the beginning of the recent doctors. But I did have BBC America, so I just jumped in with a few episodes. Once I saw that they went back to the beginning again, I was happy to see that I could watch them all the way through. With the ones I have seen (and I have now seen a few episodes with each of the 3 Doctors), some episodes have been hokey and some have been incredible. It's relly a mixed bag, but I will say that Tenant is my favorite Doctor, but all 3 of the recent Doctors have their moments.

As far as the DC animated stuff, I wish it would have lasted with GL and YJ, but if it was based partially on toys I can understand them failing because the toys were actually pretty terrible for GL Movie and YJ. Which is surprising since Mattel did such a great job on the DC Classics. I collected the YJ figures just to try to build the Hall of Justice backdrop (still need a few pieces to complete it), but the figures were horrible. The 6" YJ figures were good overall (especially the Aqualad and Arsenal figures), but even those were not to the typical high standard I would expect. The GL movie figures were just horrible, but I think the GL animated figures still COULD have found a market if they were done well and given a chance. I'm just sad that I might never see a Razor or Aya figure.

I will give the Batman animated series a chance, but the Teen Titans Go, while fun for an animated short, is just not for someone like me. It's for a way younger demographic it seems. It even seems kiddier than the previous Teen Titans cartoon.

I'm interested in the Scott Snyder Year Zero, but only because I have loved Scott Snyder's work so far on Batman (I'm not afraid to say it, he is my definitive Batman writer, even with all the great ones in the past). I don't think this story needs to be done, but I have faith in Snyder writing Batman. I'm also curious what he might bring to Superman.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Interesting news about Comixology, etc. I still can't get into Dr. Who...but I bought that issue of Entertainment celebrating the anniversary on the cover. Also not much to say about the animated stuff as I haven't seen any of it. As for Scott Snyder on both Batman (Year One) and Superman at the same time. Yeah, I'd like to see what he can do with Superman. It definitely could be more interesting...