Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Comments

• Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Two issues of Wolverine (NOW!) so dang it I'm getting hooked into the double ship craziness.

Matthew
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Expensive month for trades.

X Men Omnibus
    Amazing Spiderman Omnibus
    MMW Avengers vol 5
    Strangers in Paradise Omnibus
    He Man vol 1
    Fairest vol 2
    Nightwing vol 2
    Justice League Dark vol 2
    Showcase DC Comics Presents vol 2

Plus the Batgirl statue looks like a buy
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I've decided that since Orson Scott Card's story has been pulled for the present, and since the book appears to be doing stories about the pre-New52 Superman (ie, the real Superman), I'll be getting the new Adventures Of Superman book after all. For the most part, I've been enjoying the digital-first books more than the mainline books (though I still wait for them to come out in book form). I've been noticing, though, that there's a subtle slippage of the 'hold at $2.99' line; most of the new titles released (and most of these are digital-first) are being priced at $3.99. I realize that these have extra pages, but I can't help feel that someone's pulling a fast one on us and hoping we don't notice.

I'm also eyeing that Showcase edition of the second volume of DC Presents.

The epilogue to Age Of Ultron is numbered #10AI. AI? Artificial Inteligence, or...?
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited March 2013
    Not a lot from Marvel/DC that I'm looking at getting
    DC
    Justice League Dark vol 2
    Marvel
    The only things that made me stroke my beard were the Spiderman Omnibus and the XMen Omnibus. I might pick up one of those depending on my finances
    It's Darkhorse that is going to break me
    Nexus Omnibus vol 3
    Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus vol 2
    Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic Omnibus (I'm on the fence about).
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN OMNIBUS VOL. 1 -- If I can swing it(see what I did there?)
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    DC
    Trinity of Sin: Pandora #1
    Earth 2 #13
    Worlds' Finest #13
    Ame-Comi Girls #4
    Astro City #1
    He-Man #3
    World of Warfraft: Bloodsworn HC

Marvel
    X-Men #2
    Fantastic Four #9
    FF #9
    Deadpool #11 & 12
    Captain Marvel #13
    Hawkeye #12
    Fearless Defenders #5
    Avengers Assemble #16
  • Options
    MaxDillonMaxDillon Posts: 19
    Age Of Ultron is numbered #10AI. AI? Artificial Inteligence, or...?
    Isn't the other Marvel crossover event for 2013 called Infinity? I am thinking the "A.I." stands for "Age of Infinity" and it will have something to do with the timestream and multiple realities in the Marvel Universe. Hank Pym's role will be something of a Rip Hunter type of deal where he has to police the timestream / multiple worlds / etc.

Or more likely, I am completely wrong.

• Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited March 2013
    This caught my eye from Dark Horse:
    BREATH OF BONES: A TALE OF THE GOLEM #1
    Steve Niles (W), Matt Santoro (W), and Dave Wachter (A/Cover)
    On sale June 12
    b&w, 32 pages
    $3.99
    Miniseries
    The giant clay monster from Jewish legend goes on a Nazi-killing rampage in order to protect the inhabitants of a small Jewish stronghold and an injured British pilot.
    "Dark Horse and Steve Niles have published some outstanding horror titles, like Criminal Macabre, The Nail, Freaks of the Heartland and City of Others." —Comics Bulletin
    FROM THE CREATOR OF 30 DAYS OF NIGHT STEVE NILES!
    Art by 2012 Russ Manning Award nominee Dave Wachter!
    The cover looks great, too. Golem vs. Nazis with art by Dave Wachter? Sold.
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    mguy1977 said:

Anything from Dark Horse Image & IDW that catches your eye?

Matthew

Mice Templar IV, a rare Image purchase for me...

The new X-Files book and Doctor Who: Prisoners Of Time, which I've been enjoying thus far, from IDW. That Silver Age Superman newspaper strip collection is enticing.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Dark Horse
    Battlepug Vol 2
    Star Wars #6

Dark Skullkickers Dark #1
    Revival #11

IDW
    Robots in Disguise #18
    More Than Meets the Eye #18
    My Little Pony #8
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    Image - Lazarus from Greg Rucka sounds interesting, I'll give that a go.

Good to see Prophet vol2 there too. I still need to get vol1, but with this solicit I think I'll go out and that in preparation.

Man, I miss ordering Saga when these 2 month breaks happen!

DC - I want to give Batman/Superman a go. The 3.99 for 32 pages is a bit annoying, but Jae Lee on art has sold me.
    Pandora -Trinity of Sin I'll give a go for a couple issues too.
    I'll also be getting vol 2 of JL Dark.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I've become addicted to Star Wars Omnibus books so I'll be picking up that KOTR one.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Mark Schultz's Xenozoic Tales: Artist's Edition HC!! No words can explain how awesome this is.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    edited March 2013
    luke52 said:

Man, I miss ordering Saga when these 2 month breaks happen!

I miss my Saga fix deeply. The closest thing I found for as a substitute is Mouseguard Legends of the Guard vol. 2 from Archaia since it has various top quality writing/art teams. I really do hope Saga makes its return in July.

Matthew
  • Options
    luke52 said:

DC - I want to give Batman/Superman a go. The 3.99 for 32 pages is a bit annoying, but Jae Lee on art has sold me.

I thought briefly about this book, but decided against it. I'm not getting their main books as it is (except for Action Comics and Batman, Inc.), I don't really like the New52 revamps, and Jae Lee's art, from what I've seen of it thus far, just looks wrong for this title. I'll pass; it's not like the real World's Finest anyway.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    mwhitt80 said:

Mark Schultz's Xenozoic Tales: Artist's Edition HC!! No words can explain how awesome this is.

I’ve seen a bunch of Mark’s prelims and original pages, and they are exquisite. This will definitely be worth the price of admission.
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Posts: 308
    Well this is weird:

MARVEL
    THE TOWER CHRONICLES: GEISTHAWK PREMIERE HC
    Written by MATT WAGNER
    Penciled by SIMON BISLEY
    Cover by SIMON BISLEY
    288 PGS./Rated T+ …$34.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-8527-7
    Trim size: standard

This is currently being published by Legendary. Why wouldn't they collect it themselves?
  • Options
    VENOM: THE ENEMY WITHIN TPB
    Written by CARL POTTS, ANN NOCENTI, BRUCE JONES & PETER DAVID
    Penciled by TOM LYLE, KELLEY JONES, BOB MCLEOD & JIM CRAIG
    Cover by BOB MCLEOD
    The gods will be turned to ash! The World Tree burns as the forces of Surtur, Lord of Muspelheim, scorch the Nine Realms with the irrepressible blaze of war. Loyalty to blood stands above loyalty to realm as the warriors of Asgardia and Vanaheim battle one another while the ever-hungry flames of rebellion feast on the destruction. And in the heart of conflict stands a boy. The plots and schemes Loki set into motion during his adventures across the Nine Realms come to an explosive conclusion that brings the legendary heroes of myth to their knees! When the God of Thunder, Thor, falters in battle, will placing his trust in his beloved brother Loki — the boy god, lord of mischief — be Asgardia’s salvation…or its undoing? Collecting THE MIGHTY THOR #18-22 and JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY (1952) #642-645.
    216 PGS./Rated T+ …$19.99
    ISBN: 978-0-7851-6169-1

Well that makes sense.....