Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Has anyone ever got a big BIG DCBS order before?

OOh we the FedEx guy (or gal) isn't going to like me. My notice says my package is 15.2 LBS w/ my regular monthly comics (12 titles), 2 HCS plus The Death & Return of Superman Omnibus & Previews. I should get my big order on Tuesday (or Wednesday). Have you guys ever got a big BIG DCBS order before? Does it arrive in great condition as usual.

Thanks.

Matthew

Comments

• Options
    TrevTrev Posts: 310
    Always did for me. I remember one or two that were in bigger than usual boxes.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited March 2013
  • Options
    yeah. My current shipment is ridiculous. 5 trades 4 comics and a sleeper omnibus. I've sure enough had a few the FedEx wanted to kill me about.
    Aug 2012* - 4 tpbs, 1 HC, Invisibles Omnibus**, a few singles and Previews.
    May 2012** - 9 tpbs, 5 HCs, 1 Showcase, Previews and free comic book day issues

* I made the choice to go in trades with DC post-Flashpoint
    ** I think that is 152lbs by itself; it's really awesome though.
    *** 6 of tpbs were Nausicaa, 3 were DC, the showcase was the sea devils
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    One month I got my normal 20+ comics, Walt Simonson Thor Omnibus, and Previews...it all arrived in great shape.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    Thanks everyone. This is the biggest order I ever got from DCBS before (I think) in a long time & wondered everyone's experiences.

Have a blessed Easter.

Matthew
  • Options
    ChrisMurrinChrisMurrin Posts: 256
    edited March 2013
    Nothing makes a box bigger than those artists' editions. My Born Again arrived safely, and I'm hoping my Spirit one arrives safely early next month.

Correction: Early May. I assumed that since they're selling variants at WonderCon, they might actually have gotten to book to retailers at the same time. Silly me.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    I have gotten a 16 lb order before and it was shipped perfect. I think the April solicit order will be 20 lbs plus. There are at least 3 omnibus I will be ordering
  • Options
    Those omnibuses get the poundage up quick.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    My finest hour was a Titans Omnibus, TWO Ame-Comi figures plus a statue/bust, my usual haul of singles and a bunch of manga and trades. Oh yeah...hernia inducing time. My wife left it on the step until I got home because she couldn't lift it. :)
  • Options
    chriswchrisw Posts: 792
    I can't remember how much it weighed, but one month, due to some titles being delayed, I received the Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus, two Absolutes, and a larger than usual batch of trades, in addition to my regular comics and Previews. There may have even been a second Omnibus in there. The box was the size of a small appliance (I at first thought my fiancee had ordered a new computer or something), but everything arrived in perfect condition.