Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comics With or Without Pulp Talkback: Episode 6 -Conan

Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis & the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was a time when a baby was born on the battlefield. Son to a blacksmith. This boy grew to be a great warrior, mercenary, thief, pirate, & eventually a king. (1:15:59)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    edited April 2013
    Gotta say I had a blast talking Conan with Matt. I apologize in advance for my horrible southern accent. Also it was Olivia d'Abo in the second Conan film not Maryam. Sorry for that mistake.

Also the web comic I mention at the end is located at

www.pezzville.blogspot.com
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Excellent show and topic guys.

I started with Conan through Marvel in '78/79. I became obssessed with fantasy around that time. Conan, King Conan, Kull, Warlord and the first Red Sonja run, movies like Clash of Titans, Sword & the Sorcerer and the Conan movies, then learning about D & D and of course reading the Lord of the Rings and Elric novels...I was doomed to be a slave to fantasy fandom. Oh yeah, He-Man and Thundarr share some responsibility as well.

I have not read all of Dynamite's Red Sonja but I have read most of it. Sonja is killed and the current Sonja is either the reincarnation or a distant relative, I think in the form of her grandaughter. Dynamite has done a horrible job of keeping any continuity and characterization in line, especially after the Queen Sonja series started. It got to the point that I now only get the Sonja mini-series and one-shots.

@dubbat138 , the current Conan series written by Brian Wood is pretty good and worth picking up.

I don't remember seeing any episodes on the Conan cartoons, I think this was the first time I even heard of it.

One of the local antique shops has a huge box full of the Savage Sword magazine for 50 cents an issue, been getting a few at a time.

• Options
    edited April 2013
    Greg said:

Excellent show and topic guys.

I started with Conan through Marvel in '78/79. I became obssessed with fantasy around that time. Conan, King Conan, Kull, Warlord and the first Red Sonja run, movies like Clash of Titans, Sword & the Sorcerer and the Conan movies, then learning about D & D and of course reading the Lord of the Rings and Elric novels...I was doomed to be a slave to fantasy fandom. Oh yeah, He-Man and Thundarr share some responsibility as well.

I have not read all of Dynamite's Red Sonja but I have read most of it. Sonja is killed and the current Sonja is either the reincarnation or a distant relative, I think in the form of her grandaughter. Dynamite has done a horrible job of keeping any continuity and characterization in line, especially after the Queen Sonja series started. It got to the point that I now only get the Sonja mini-series and one-shots.

@dubbat138 , the current Conan series written by Brian Wood is pretty good and worth picking up.

I don't remember seeing any episodes on the Conan cartoons, I think this was the first time I even heard of it.

One of the local antique shops has a huge box full of the Savage Sword magazine for 50 cents an issue, been getting a few at a time.

Nice find on the Savage Sword of Conan mags. I grabbed a bunch last October for a buck each.

I need to try out the Brian Wood run. But like I said I am so far behind on modern comics. I just got around 300 comics at Coast con and am still reading those.

Completely forgot to mention Mike Grell's Warlord on the podcast. But that is another great Sword and Sorcery comic. Sadly we only got one Showcase presents volume from it .And it is OOP now.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Best "Pulp" episode yet...great job guys.
  • Options
    CalibanCaliban Posts: 1,358
    Well done, Mr @dubbat138
    Good knowledge and a good listen
  • Options
    apinionapinion Posts: 3
    I am a huge Conan fan and was glad to see Conan featured on the podcast. I have read all the REH stories and also have every America Conan comic that has been published. I have read all of them except for the Savage Sword. I still have about 85 issues left of the Savage Sword to read.

The scene where Conan in on the Tree of Woe was one of the only times the Conan movies used something from the REH stories. It was from A Witch Shall be Born. It is not one of the better Conan stories. Conan is a spectator through the second half of the story, but him biting a vulture while crucified is what that character is all about. The story was adapted in The Savage Sword of Conan #5. Roy Thomas gives Conan more to do in his version and it reads better.

Red Nails was my favorite Conan story, but a close second is Beyond the Black River.

Conan has not been published in comic book form continuously. Conan the Barbarian ran for 275 issues from 1970-1993. Then it was cancelled for Conan the Adventurer, which lasted 14 issues. Then another title replaced Adventurer and was just called Conan. That ran for 11 issues. Then Marvel ran serveral miniseries to keep the publishing rights. In 2000 Marvel let the rights lapse and Stan Lee Media got them. That company went down and Dark Horse got the rights and have been publishing it ever since. Conan #0 came out in 2003 and the regular series started in 2004. So for the past 43 years a Conan comic has been released every year exept for 2001 and 2002.

I have not finished the podcast but have been really enjoying it. Your accent is not bad. I live in Birmingham Alabama and am used to hearing much stronger accents.
  • Options
    apinion said:

I am a huge Conan fan and was glad to see Conan featured on the podcast. I have read all the REH stories and also have every America Conan comic that has been published. I have read all of them except for the Savage Sword. I still have about 85 issues left of the Savage Sword to read.

The scene where Conan in on the Tree of Woe was one of the only times the Conan movies used something from the REH stories. It was from A Witch Shall be Born. It is not one of the better Conan stories. Conan is a spectator through the second half of the story, but him biting a vulture while crucified is what that character is all about. The story was adapted in The Savage Sword of Conan #5. Roy Thomas gives Conan more to do in his version and it reads better.

Red Nails was my favorite Conan story, but a close second is Beyond the Black River.

Conan has not been published in comic book form continuously. Conan the Barbarian ran for 275 issues from 1970-1993. Then it was cancelled for Conan the Adventurer, which lasted 14 issues. Then another title replaced Adventurer and was just called Conan. That ran for 11 issues. Then Marvel ran serveral miniseries to keep the publishing rights. In 2000 Marvel let the rights lapse and Stan Lee Media got them. That company went down and Dark Horse got the rights and have been publishing it ever since. Conan #0 came out in 2003 and the regular series started in 2004. So for the past 43 years a Conan comic has been released every year exept for 2001 and 2002.

I have not finished the podcast but have been really enjoying it. Your accent is not bad. I live in Birmingham Alabama and am used to hearing much stronger accents.

Thank you. See I grew up in Biloxi and Moss Point MS,so I have more of a coastal accent. But I just know anytime I hear my own voice I sound so damn southern. Just re-read Beyond the Black River last month. And it is a great story.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    If I'm remembering correctly, Beyond the Black River is one of the few, if not the only story that doesn't feature Conan as the main protagonist. I think it's also the story that describes Conan walking silently through a forest while wearing chain mail.
  • Options
    rebis said:

If I'm remembering correctly, Beyond the Black River is one of the few, if not the only story that doesn't feature Conan as the main protagonist. I think it's also the story that describes Conan walking silently through a forest while wearing chain mail.

You are correct sir. During the recording I could not remember the name of the story. And was too lazy to walk 10 steps and grab the book.

I seem to recall a story fragment that Howard wrote that is set in Conan's time. But Conan isn't the main protagonist.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Greg said:

Thanks for that X(

Have just bought the collection....
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited April 2013
    @John_Steed - Mileage may vary, I see people on the Dynamite forums that are still enjoying it. Also Gail Simone is taking over writing and rebooting the series which I'm looking forward to.
  • Options
    apinionapinion Posts: 3
    A movie that all REH and Conan fans should seek out is Whole Wide World. It is based on a book written by Novalyne Price. She dated REH briefly and the movie focuses on their relationship. It is one of the first starring roles for Renée Zellweger. It came out on Christmas Day in 1996. I had never heard of it until several years later. it is really good. You see scenes of REH pounding away at a keyboard and yelling about Conan as he is putting the stories together. I got my wife to watch it and she cried during it. She said she could not believe a movie about Conan's 'Dad' could move her like that. She also bought the book and enjoyed it.

The Dark Horse Savage Sword books are great, but they do not reprint the news articles that were in some issues. There was one in the late 80's/early 90's about an auction at a movie house. In the drawer of a purchased desk was a serial/movie treatment for Conan that was from the 30's. I will have to find the issue it was in.

The Red Sonja Dynamite series has been up and down. The storylines have been padded out way too much. I am not sure what the point of Queen Sonja is. I do not know if they even said what time line that series takes place in.

The King Conan/Conan the King run from Marvel has some great stories. At one point he became a grandfather. He knew that he had to expand his kingdom and started attacking other nations. I really enjoyed the storyline but someone must not have. During the run an issue came out and said the events now take place before a certain issue. The series went back a few years and never progressed.
  • Options
    apinion said:

A movie that all REH and Conan fans should seek out is Whole Wide World. It is based on a book written by Novalyne Price. She dated REH briefly and the movie focuses on their relationship. It is one of the first starring roles for Renée Zellweger. It came out on Christmas Day in 1996. I had never heard of it until several years later. it is really good. You see scenes of REH pounding away at a keyboard and yelling about Conan as he is putting the stories together. I got my wife to watch it and she cried during it. She said she could not believe a movie about Conan's 'Dad' could move her like that. She also bought the book and enjoyed it.

The Dark Horse Savage Sword books are great, but they do not reprint the news articles that were in some issues. There was one in the late 80's/early 90's about an auction at a movie house. In the drawer of a purchased desk was a serial/movie treatment for Conan that was from the 30's. I will have to find the issue it was in.

The Red Sonja Dynamite series has been up and down. The storylines have been padded out way too much. I am not sure what the point of Queen Sonja is. I do not know if they even said what time line that series takes place in.

The King Conan/Conan the King run from Marvel has some great stories. At one point he became a grandfather. He knew that he had to expand his kingdom and started attacking other nations. I really enjoyed the storyline but someone must not have. During the run an issue came out and said the events now take place before a certain issue. The series went back a few years and never progressed.

Whole Wide World is a great film. And I almost mentioned in on the show.

Yeah the Savage Sword Archives don't reprint the articles and don't reprint some of the stories. That is why I am also collecting the actual issues.

What I have read of King Conan/Conan the King I have really enjoyed. Like I mentioned on the podcast I got the final issue at Coast Con for a dime. Also got a great issue of the mid 80s Kull comic ,which has a stunning BWS cover,and it was only a buck.

Just read a comic book adaptation of Howard's "The Pigeons from Hell". Was amazed at how good it was. It was reprinted in "The Mammoth book of Zombie comics". Which is a good comic trade if you are into horror comics. I got my copy for about $8 off Amazon. Also got the "Mammoth book of horror comics" and the "Mammoth book of Crime comics". And they are both really good. I need to order the "Mammoth book of War comics" The horror one is loaded with great pre-code horror stuff. Now the stories are reprinted in b/w. But since I am partially color blind I prefer b/w artwork.
  • Options
    loved the podcast. I love the Arnold Conan films. I grew up watching them non stop as I kid and I still revisit them from time to time. I know they don't have much to do with original work of Howard but to me Arnold just "Was" Conan for me. Matt brought up a good point, if they would have had Arnold in the world of the Conan reboot it would have been a way better film. Arnold in the world that Howard actually created Conan for. The problem mainly with me was Momoa, he had the build but not the acting chops nor the charm. To me, all he did was just look "mad" through out the film.

I also though the directing was a huge misfire, i normally like the director Nispel (he did pathfinder and the texas chainsaw remake) but here he makes it feel too cartoony. What I liked about Milius' film was it was more raw and dirty. Even though they down played the fantasy(which sucks) I thought they did a great job of making Conan seem more real, which was Milius' intention from what I understand.

But now I am really interested in picking up the books and the savage Conan trades you guys were talking about.They sound awesome.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    dubbat138 said:

What I have read of King Conan/Conan the King I have really enjoyed. Like I mentioned on the podcast I got the final issue at Coast Con for a dime.

As a kid and through my teens, I didn’t get very many titles on a regular monthly basis. I didn’t have a lot of options or opportunities to get them, so when I did, I picked up whichever one looked best. But somehow I ended up with a seven- or eight-issue run of Conan the King. Considering I rarely had more than two issues in a row of any other book, it goes without saying that I really liked it.

• Options
    RoryRory Posts: 1
    Been a CGS fan for years and had to comment, really enjoyed this episode! Originally from Virginia, so the accent didn't bother me at all. I'm kinda' all over the place on this but wanted to mention a few things;

Not sure I heard it mentioned but no Conan discussion can be complete without the name of Frank Frazetta. His covers in the 60's and 70's are a very important reason we even know the name Conan. The paperbacks sold like crazy and that is partially because of the great covers he did, no one captured the world of Howard like he did!

I'm big fan of the original movie, one thing that's sometimes overlooked is how great the soundtrack is; they knew there would be little dialogue from Arnold and the music helps carry a lot of that film, one of the best musical scores ever.

I also agree with the Savage Sword comments, that series was great. John Buscema had some great inkers. Pablo Marcos, Alfredo Alcala, Tony De Zuniga, and many others took his art to the next level. I also really enjoy the original magazine for the back stories and great 70's/80's ads.

For any metal fans out there, there's a band called The Sword, they released an album in 2008 called Gods of the Earth. On it are tracks called The Frost Giants Daughter, How Heavy This Ax, and The Black River. I was already a fan of their music but when I heard the obvious Conan inspiration it made me like them even more.

Another series clearly influenced by Conan (and a favorite of Brian's) is Groo.

Again, great ep guys, keep up the great work!

• Options
    deadpooldeadpool Posts: 56
    Hey guys

wonderful episode, hopefully dubbat comes back for more Robert E howard pulps

Now, i am a huge he-man fan and just feel i need to clear some stuff up, "he-man was meant to be a conan toyline" is a massive myth in the world of action figures. but there is a fair bit of truth to it at the same time.

He-man was in the works long before the conan movie, originally as a generic "G.I.Joe" type dress up figure, prototypes had Spaceman, Military man, and Barbarian, now the Barbarian figure and design artwork took a lot from Conan comics from marvel at the time (see below),

It was later decided to stick to one solid story for the characters, the barabarian motif was chosen (but kept sci fi as well of the other protos in characters like man-at-arms, zodak and tri-klops because star wars )

now the sculpter liked the idea of large muscle figures like big jim and based a lot of sculpting around a doco he saw called "pumping iron" (see were this is going)

Some time a little later Mattel aquired the rights to the howard estate characters that included toy film rights, but never intended to make Conan movie toys as it was well known early on the film was not meant to be family friendly, Mattel did look in to doing generic Conan figures but decied against it since it was thought it would only serve to compete with their he-man line that was already heavily in production. eventually the licenseing deal with the howard characters passed

He-man became a phenomenon, a company called Remco started making he-man knock offs, Mattel tried to sue but lost the case because a company couldn't own the copyright to a "muscle man"

Now years later Howards estate tried to sue Mattel, saying He-man was a rip off of Conan and mattel made millions off there intellectual property. This is where a lot of details came to light and were the myth began, This case ruled in favor of Mattel because of the howard estates shakey ownership of conan, the precedent set by the above Remco case of "Muscle Men", and that mattel could prove in lots of documentation He-man was developed long before Conan became a household name with the movie

Now Savage / wonder bread he-man is a mystery to this day, strongly believed by many to be a mail way with wonder bread despite both companies having a knowledge or proof of either, However most toy experts who study this figure seem to believe its a toy maker in mexico that got a hold of the molds from mattel and its just a fake. if you believe this theory which personally i do its not a unreleased conan toy as shown above mattel never worked on such an idea.

Mattel is currently making new he-man figures (motu classics), and pay tribute to all part of the he-man mythos, Wun-dar the savage he-man was made (he came with a loaf of bread ! ). A character called Vikor was made a year or so ago based on one of the earliest concept sketches for he-man, it is very clear to anyone this artist (mark taylor) was taking inspiration from marvel Conan comics (but it comes form documents for the proposed he-man toy line with other non conan characters like Demo-man, it was not a proposed Conan figure design )

http://thefwoosh.com/2010/12/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-classics-vikor

• Options

loved the podcast. I love the Arnold Conan films. I grew up watching them non stop as I kid and I still revisit them from time to time. I know they don't have much to do with original work of Howard but to me Arnold just "Was" Conan for me. Matt brought up a good point, if they would have had Arnold in the world of the Conan reboot it would have been a way better film. Arnold in the world that Howard actually created Conan for. The problem mainly with me was Momoa, he had the build but not the acting chops nor the charm. To me, all he did was just look "mad" through out the film.

I also though the directing was a huge misfire, i normally like the director Nispel (he did pathfinder and the texas chainsaw remake) but here he makes it feel too cartoony. What I liked about Milius' film was it was more raw and dirty. Even though they down played the fantasy(which sucks) I thought they did a great job of making Conan seem more real, which was Milius' intention from what I understand.

But now I am really interested in picking up the books and the savage Conan trades you guys were talking about.They sound awesome.

The Dark Horse Savage Sword of Conan archives are great. Same with the trades of the Dark Horse Conan comics. I have seen the Savage Sword Archives selling for cheap. Want to say they are like 12 bucks at IST. And they are totally worth that.
  • Options
    Rory said:

Been a CGS fan for years and had to comment, really enjoyed this episode! Originally from Virginia, so the accent didn't bother me at all. I'm kinda' all over the place on this but wanted to mention a few things;

Not sure I heard it mentioned but no Conan discussion can be complete without the name of Frank Frazetta. His covers in the 60's and 70's are a very important reason we even know the name Conan. The paperbacks sold like crazy and that is partially because of the great covers he did, no one captured the world of Howard like he did!

I'm big fan of the original movie, one thing that's sometimes overlooked is how great the soundtrack is; they knew there would be little dialogue from Arnold and the music helps carry a lot of that film, one of the best musical scores ever.

I also agree with the Savage Sword comments, that series was great. John Buscema had some great inkers. Pablo Marcos, Alfredo Alcala, Tony De Zuniga, and many others took his art to the next level. I also really enjoy the original magazine for the back stories and great 70's/80's ads.

For any metal fans out there, there's a band called The Sword, they released an album in 2008 called Gods of the Earth. On it are tracks called The Frost Giants Daughter, How Heavy This Ax, and The Black River. I was already a fan of their music but when I heard the obvious Conan inspiration it made me like them even more.

Another series clearly influenced by Conan (and a favorite of Brian's) is Groo.

Again, great ep guys, keep up the great work!

Thanks for the kind words. I meant to mention Frazetta. But I totally forgot. Yeah the soundtrack for the first Conan film is amazing. I use to have it on cassette and would listen to it when I ran cross country. Also can't believe I forgot to mention Groo. I love that series and just recently got the first issue of the Epic Groo run. Got it extremely cheap and sold it about 3 days later for way more than I paid.
  • Options
    deadpool said:

Hey guys

Now, i am a huge he-man fan and just feel i need to clear some stuff up, "he-man was meant to be a conan toyline" is a massive myth in the world of action figures. but there is a fair bit of truth to it at the same time.

He-man was in the works long before the conan movie, originally as a generic "G.I.Joe" type dress up figure, prototypes had Spaceman, Military man, and Barbarian, now the Barbarian figure and design artwork took a lot from Conan comics from marvel at the time (see below),

It was later decided to stick to one solid story for the characters, the barabarian motif was chosen (but kept sci fi as well of the other protos in characters like man-at-arms, zodak and tri-klops because star wars )

now the sculpter liked the idea of large muscle figures like big jim and based a lot of sculpting around a doco he saw called "pumping iron" (see were this is going)

Some time a little later Mattel aquired the rights to the howard estate characters that included toy film rights, but never intended to make Conan movie toys as it was well known early on the film was not meant to be family friendly, Mattel did look in to doing generic Conan figures but decied against it since it was thought it would only serve to compete with their he-man line that was already heavily in production. eventually the licenseing deal with the howard characters passed

He-man became a phenomenon, a company called Remco started making he-man knock offs, Mattel tried to sue but lost the case because a company couldn't own the copyright to a "muscle man"

Now years later Howards estate tried to sue Mattel, saying He-man was a rip off of Conan and mattel made millions off there intellectual property. This is where a lot of details came to light and were the myth began, This case ruled in favor of Mattel because of the howard estates shakey ownership of conan, the precedent set by the above Remco case of "Muscle Men", and that mattel could prove in lots of documentation He-man was developed long before Conan became a household name with the movie

Now Savage / wonder bread he-man is a mystery to this day, strongly believed by many to be a mail way with wonder bread despite both companies having a knowledge or proof of either, However most toy experts who study this figure seem to believe its a toy maker in mexico that got a hold of the molds from mattel and its just a fake. if you believe this theory which personally i do its not a unreleased conan toy as shown above mattel never worked on such an idea.

Mattel is currently making new he-man figures (motu classics), and pay tribute to all part of the he-man mythos, Wun-dar the savage he-man was made (he came with a loaf of bread ! ). A character called Vikor was made a year or so ago based on one of the earliest concept sketches for he-man, it is very clear to anyone this artist (mark taylor) was taking inspiration from marvel Conan comics (but it comes form documents for the proposed he-man toy line with other non conan characters like Demo-man, it was not a proposed Conan figure design )

http://thefwoosh.com/2010/12/first-look-masters-of-the-universe-classics-vikor

This Remco toyline you mention,would that be the one based on DC's Warlord comic? Also thanks for the info about He-man and the Conan connection.

• Options
    deadpooldeadpool Posts: 56
    dubbat138 said:

deadpool said:

Hey guys

Now, i am a huge he-man fan....

This Remco toyline you mention,would that be the one based on DC's Warlord comic? Also thanks for the info about He-man and the Conan connection.

Anytime man, been a he-man scholar for awhile now and it is one of the biggest myths, but you could also never argue Conan played a huge part is shaping the line, you mentioned the artist Alfredo Alcala in regards to the B&W mag, He actually worked on the original he-man mini comics, so it all comes around :D

To be honest i'm not 100% sure what line the suite was over, but i believe it was wrestling figures using the he-man style figure buck (ie the body of the figure) , I think it wasn't until after the court ruled in Remcos favour did they start with the MORE he-man style figures like Warlord and Sun Man and such ... google image Remco and you'll see the crazy amount of He-man style lines they had
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    Cool feedback from everyone, thanks. I did sadly overlook the artists in my notes and the show. I would really like to thank @dubbat138 for his time and input. He is very knowledgeable on Conan and really helped step this episode up.

Also, besides the 2 remaining episodes I have planned for this year, I have a special edition episode I am working on. Pending our "lady bug" (the nickname my wife and I have for our daughter, as we are not releasing the name until she's born), the special should be out by the end of April/beginning of May. So, stay close to the dial...or whatever! haha

M
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    photo BuscemaConan-SSoC20SlitheringShadow1_zps94599f61.jpg

Loved the Savage Sword Stories, especially featuring art by John Buscema and Alfredo Alcala. Here is one of my favourite pieces.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    photo 2012_53_zpsfaaf4805.jpg

Conan Sketch I did a while back. Hope you like!
  • Options
    deadpool said:

dubbat138 said:

deadpool said:

To be honest i'm not 100% sure what line the suite was over, but i believe it was wrestling figures using the he-man style figure buck (ie the body of the figure) , I think it wasn't until after the court ruled in Remcos favour did they start with the MORE he-man style figures like Warlord and Sun Man and such ... google image Remco and you'll see the crazy amount of He-man style lines they had

Basically Mattel lost the lawsuit on the same grounds that R.H.'s people lost their suite against Mattel. Mattel did not, and COULD NOT, copyright the squat muscular human form, in the same way that R.H. couldn't copyright the muscular sword swinging hero.

With the end of the lawsuit, the flood gates opened for the great and not so great "compatible with MOTU" figure lines that flooded the marked afterwards.

Mikola from the REMCO series is still one of my Holy Grails to this day. I had him when I was a kid, but my dog destroyed him. :(
  • Options
    deadpool said:

dubbat138 said:

deadpool said:

Hey guys

Now, i am a huge he-man fan....

Anytime man, been a he-man scholar for awhile now and it is one of the biggest myths, but you could also never argue Conan played a huge part is shaping the line, you mentioned the artist Alfredo Alcala in regards to the B&W mag, He actually worked on the original he-man mini comics, so it all comes around :D

Yeah Remco did a line of wrestling figures based off the old AWA.And they looked just like the Masters of the Universe toys.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    edited April 2013
    I don't know if the McFarlane "Statue ... um ... action figures have been mentioned.

I like these quite a bit and have a few of them.
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    I am a big fan of Conan. I saw the movie when I was a kid, but I really got into the books when I was a teenager. I have only got into the comics later on. The syndicated cartoon was pretty for its time.
  • Options
    books are my list now. thanks for the heads up