Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Comics With or Without Pulp Talkback: Episode 6 -Conan

2»

Comments

• Options
    Just wanted to add my voice to those above. Really enjoyed this episode - as I have all the previous "with or without pulp" eps. As a general comment, these are all characters that interest me, but ones with whom I've had relatively little exposure to. And each episode is always informative. Thanks for that.

re: Conan - As others noted above, I was a fan of the first Schwarzenegger film [I loved it, but didn't really care for the second]. And I know I read some Conan comics when I was younger, but those left my collection years ago. Some day, I'd love to get the Savage Sword magazines and read them. But I digress.

The one comic story related to Robert E. Howard that has stuck with me for years now is the "Death of a Legend" 11-page story from the final issue of Epic Illustrated, which honored Howard's pulp legacy through a visual narrative of the final minutes of his life. It's a fairly powerful story that really utilized the comic page nicely, in my opinion. It can be found in the link below:

LINK

and a preview page:

Thanks again for the show, @Matt (and for joining in on this one @dubbat138). Looking forward to future episodes.

chris

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Thanks for the reminder @wildpigcomics