Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1353 Talkback: TV Talk on The Walking Dead and More

2»

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    If you have an audible.com account, you can get a lot of Troughton stories as audio dramas that have bridging narratives to give you an idea of what's going on in certain moments. A lot of the times, the narrator is none other than Frazier Hines who played Jamie McCrimmon, who in my opinion was one of the best companions and with the second Doctor, was one of the best Doctor/Companion duos in Doctor Who history.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    edited April 2013
    rebis said:

Pimp, I'm with you on Jenna-Louise Coleman. Ever since this moment during the Christmas Special
    NICE!

I agree with the Jenna Louise Coleman love. She's absolutely beautiful, and charming as well. If everyone can get past the Chris Hardwick hate (and, I have to say, I've met the guy twice and thought he was super-nice both times), give her episode of the Nerdist podcast a listen, she's a lot of fun.

And @Pants, don't judge the Cybermen solely on that season 2 two-parter. They're my favorite classic series monster, and seeing them reintroduced into the new series that way was really disappointing, as was the fact that when we FINALLY get a Daleks Vs. Cybermen throwdown, it's the alternate Earth Cybus Industries versions and not the Mondasian/Telosian originals. Their subsequent appearances in the new series are generally pretty good, and we don't hear much of anything about their parallel Earth origins again, so I just assume that future appearances are, indeed, the "good" Cybermen who just happen to look the same because, hey, the multiverse is like that sometimes.

(Being a Doctor Who fan is constantly having to invent a personal continuity for yourself to explain away inconsistencies. Go look up Season 6B sometime for a pretty famous example of this. :D )
  • Options
    I am a big fan of the Cybermen. I love "Tomb of the Cybermen". To me, it's just a great story but I also love the interaction between the second Doctor, Jamie McCrimmon and Victoria. Great stuff. I also love "Invasion" again with the second Doctor, Jamie and Zoe.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    It's probably just me, but I find the original "sock face" Cybermen much more creepy then the current version.
  • Options
    @rebis you are not alone in that. I do find the classic Who Cybermen fairly creepy. I also found them a bit hard to understand at times but creepy.
  • Options
    I imagine a rotting head underneath the sock. Creeps me out.
  • Options
    Ugh. Now I have a image in my head that I can never get out. Wow.
  • Options
    I've grossed myself out, too.
  • Options
    JDickJDick Posts: 206
    Dr. Who spinoff podcast please...I need less Dr. Who in my CGS.
  • Options
    But they're two great tastes that taste great together!
  • Options
    Of course I don't have to listen to it.
  • Options
    Honestly, I love all of the talk about a variety of things. It's more amazing to me even if I wasn't a fan of Doctor Who because Pants is coming into this as a new fan and listening to someone who is talking about the show for the first time is always so cool to listen to. Even if he didn't like it, I still love listening to people who talk about something they have seen for the first time and it makes me want to re-watch those episodes and pretend that I'm watching it for the first time as well. There are episodes that I just am not interested in and I will do one of two things. 1. I will try out the episode and if it's not doing it for me, go to something else or 2. Not listen to it.
  • Options
    Could you imagine if Mike was still on the show when Pants discovered Dr. Who? 4 hour episodes!
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    JDick said:

Could you imagine if Mike

You speak of he who must not be named...