Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

April Previews - What Looks Good?

Here's what I'd get (above and beyond my normal monthly pick-ups) if I could afford everything I'd like. Deep cuts will need to be made, sadly.

ADVENTURE TIME TP VOL 03 - The first two trades were as good as any episodes of the TV show.
SIX GUN GORILLA #1 (OF 6) - Gorilla Western? Yeah, that earns a look.
DICK BRIEFERS FRANKENSTEIN HC - Always wanted to read these. Not sure if it's the horror or comedy stories (hopefully some of each?)
STAR TREK LEGION OF SUPERHEROES TP - Liked the first issue, was waiting for a trade, and DCBS has it cheap.
A PLUS X #9 - Kitty Pryde and Jessica Drew team up? Yes, please.
KILL ALL MONSTERS VOL 01 RUINS OF PARIS
HERO HAPPY HOUR TP (ARCANA) (RES) - Enjoyed the little bit of this I read years ago.
DARE DETECTIVES SNOW PEA PLOT COLL ED HC
ARCHIE #645 TIM SEELEY VAR - Foxy if jailbaity B&V cover by Seeley.
SIXTH GUN TP VOL 01 - Keep meaning to get around to this!
IT CAME #1 (OF 4) - Man... good month for B-movie-inspired comics!
DOCTOR WHO 10TH DOCTOR 5IN AF BLUE SUIT VER - I have the brown suit & trench coat 10th Doctor figure, but I've always liked the blue suit & glasses one a little better.

Comments

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    edited April 2013

Here's what I'd get (above and beyond my normal monthly pick-ups) if I could afford everything I'd like. Deep cuts will need to be made, sadly.

ADVENTURE TIME TP VOL 03 - The first two trades were as good as any episodes of the TV show.
    SIX GUN GORILLA #1 (OF 6) - Gorilla Western? Yeah, that earns a look.
    DICK BRIEFERS FRANKENSTEIN HC - Always wanted to read these. Not sure if it's the horror or comedy stories (hopefully some of each?)
    STAR TREK LEGION OF SUPERHEROES TP - Liked the first issue, was waiting for a trade, and DCBS has it cheap.
    A PLUS X #9 - Kitty Pryde and Jessica Drew team up? Yes, please.
    KILL ALL MONSTERS VOL 01 RUINS OF PARIS
    HERO HAPPY HOUR TP (ARCANA) (RES) - Enjoyed the little bit of this I read years ago.
    DARE DETECTIVES SNOW PEA PLOT COLL ED HC
    ARCHIE #645 TIM SEELEY VAR - Foxy if jailbaity B&V cover by Seeley.
    SIXTH GUN TP VOL 01 - Keep meaning to get around to this!
    IT CAME #1 (OF 4) - Man... good month for B-movie-inspired comics!
    DOCTOR WHO 10TH DOCTOR 5IN AF BLUE SUIT VER - I have the brown suit & trench coat 10th Doctor figure, but I've always liked the blue suit & glasses one a little better.

@LibraryBoy, Yeah, I’m going to try Six-Gun Gorilla too. Sixth Gun is great; I think you’ll really enjoy it. And if it's the IDW Frankenstein book you’re talking about, it’s about two-thirds horror stories and one-third humor stories. The horror stories are pretty good, but I love Briefer’s humor stories. I wish there was a book just collecting all of those. In case you’re interested, Alter Ego #41 and #62 ran Briefer’s Frankenstein try-out newspaper strips. It’s an adaptation of one of the humor stories from the comic series, and it’s just fantastic. Too bad it didn’t get picked up.
  • Options
    A few of the things I found interesting in this Previews (not NECESSARILY meaning I'm going to buy them):

Nova #5: Great so far. Loeb and McGuinness are leaving with issue #6 or so (maybe this one, IDC). So I definitely want to give them their day in court to prove the character to me.

'The She-Hulk Diaries' (Marta Acosta)/'Rogue Touch' (Christine Woodward): Marvel is doing prose novels directed at women? Hey, I'm all for closing the gender gap, but this just seems like an odd approach and timing.

Captain Midnight #0: I've been wanting to read more Dark Horse, but with all the Star Wars, Hellboy and such, never really had an interest. But this sounds like a cool chance to get in to the Dark Horse brand.

Nexus Omnibus Volume 3: I already own the first two volumes and they're amazing. This one is roughly the same size. 424 pages of full color Nexus for $25. Great value for great comics.

Breath of Bones - A Tale of the Golem #1 (of #3): As a fan of all things Ragman, I have a cursory knowledge of the Golem. In DC comics, the Golem is the supernatural protector of the Jewish people before it went rouge/became violent/etc. Then they created the suit of souls that Ragman now wears. Obviously this is Dark Horse, for all I know every bit about the Golem in DC comics is based solely on the legend itself. But the difference doesn't matter. I'm still interested enough to check out a mini-series.

Superman #21: Hector Hammond in a Superman book? Odd but interesting.

The Wake #2: I read an interview with Scott Snyder saying this book is his chance to cut lose and do whatever he wanted. That's enough for me.

Dark Skullkickers Dark #1: Honestly? My only interest comes from the spoof cover of Green Lantern/Green Arrow #85 (legendary 'Snowbirds don't Fly' storyline).

Herobear and the Kid: Just looks like a cute kids book.

'The Walking Dead' Risk & Monopoly: I know, I know. Multiple versions of these games are nothing more than gimicks, but I don't own a single version of either one of these games. Besides, I've never played Risk, but I know the basic idea and a Walking Dead themed version sounds cool.

Captain America (1990) Collector's Edition Blu-Ray
    : Never seen it, but hey, why the hell not?
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited April 2013
    Fairest TP vol # 2
    He Man TP vol # 1
    Nightwing TP vol # 2
    Justice League Dark TP vol # 2
    Saga TP vol # 2
    Walking Dead TP vol #18
    Showcase DC Comics presents vol
    MMWs Avengers TP vol 5
    Superman SA dailies HC
    DC archives Teen Titans vol 2
    Silver Age of DC comics HC
    Amazing Spider man Omnibus vol 1
    Uncanny X Men Omnibus vol 1
    Strangers in Paradise Omnibus
    Star Wars # 6
    Wonder Woman # 21
    World's Finest # 13
    AME COMI Girls # 4
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited April 2013
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol. 1: I've already got it, but my cat somehow got hold of the dust jacket while it was on my shelf and shredded the bottom half--thank goodness the book is okay (grrrrr). I've been thinking about getting another one as more of a reader/loaner copy anyway, but it's been out of print until now. At $50 from DCBS I can't really argue, especially when the first volume goes for anywhere around $150-$300 on the back market!

Edit: Here's my order (my wife's going to kill me...)

DC
    Batman #21 (Combo)
    Batman/Superman #1 (Combo & Blank Var.)
    Superman Unchained #1 (Combo)
    Fables Deluxe HC Vol. 7

Dark Horse
    BPRD: HoE TP Vol. 6 - Return of the Master
    Star Wars #6
    Tue Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys #1

Marvel
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus Vol. 1
    Daredevil #27
    Superior Spider-Man #11
    Superior Spider-Man #12
    Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #24

Indie
    Herobear and the Kid Special #1
    Mylo Xyloto #5
    Six Gun Gorilla #1
    Battlepug HC Vol. 2

PREVIEWS (w/ Marvel Previews)
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited April 2013
    Tons of great stuff but here is what I was actually able to buy:

MARVEL

AGE OF ULTRON #9
    AGE OF ULTRON #10
    AGE OF ULTRON #10AI
    ALL NEW X-MEN #12
    ALL NEW X-MEN #13
    AVENGERS #13
    AVENGERS #14
    DAREDEVIL #27
    DAREDEVIL DARK NIGHTS #1
    FANTASTIC FOUR #9
    FEARLESS DEFENDERS #5
    FF #9
    GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #4
    HAWKEYE #12
    INDESTRUCTIBLE HULK #9
    NEW AVENGERS #7
    NOVA #5
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #11
    SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #12
    THANOS RISING #3
    UNCANNY X-MEN #7

DC(Major cuts to my DC list this month. I'm seriously losing interest in the whole thing.)

AQUAMAN #21
    BATMAN #21
    BATMAN SUPERMAN #1
    EARTH 2 #13
    GREEN ARROW #21
    SUPERMAN UNCHAINED #1
    WORLDS FINEST #13

DH

STAR WARS #6

MANHATTAN PROJECTS #15

IDW

DOCTOR WHO PRISONERS OF TIME #6

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I have been loving Doctor Who Prisoners of Time. Amazing story thus far. I'm a bigger fan of #10 in the brown suit as opposed to the blue suit.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    jaydee74 said:

I have been loving Doctor Who Prisoners of Time. Amazing story thus far. I'm a bigger fan of #10 in the brown suit as opposed to the blue suit.

I like it too but am I missing the larger story? It seems each issue is a stand alone story and only connects to the others by having the companions vanish at the end.
  • Options
    larrylarry Posts: 125
    My order is placed.

Marvel:
    Superior Spiderman 11, 12
    Thanos Rising 3
    Fantastic Four 9
    Deadpool 11, 12
    Hawkeye 12
    Uncanny X-Men Omnibus vol 1
    Amazing Spider-Man Omnibus vol 1

DC:
    Larfleeze 1
    Green Arrow 21
    Dial H 13
    Justice League Dark TP vol 2

IDW:
    GI Joe 5
    The Colonized 3
    Doomsday.1 2
    Jack Cole's Deadly Horror: Zombies

Dark Horse:
    BPRD Vampire 4
    Star Wars 6

Image:
    Prophet TP vol 2
    The Walking Dead TP vol 18
    East of West 4

Others:
    Bloodshot TP vol 2
    Back Issue #66
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited April 2013
    Here is my initial list before I cull it down
    DC
    Justice League Dark vol 1

Marvel
    Red She-Hulk 66
    Indestructible Hulk 9
    Daredevil 27

Other
    Battlepug vol 2
    Lone Wolf and Cub Omnibus vol 2
    Saga vol 2
    Poison Elves Digest vol 1
    Adventure Time Fiona and Cake #6
    Adventure Time #17
    Knight of the Dinner Table #200
    Stuff of Legend vol 4

I've already chopped Nexus Omnibus vol 3. I can pick it up later. There are 3 stand-outs that I'm excited about this month.
    The Poison Elves Digest: I've never read Poison Elves and I'm really excited about trying it out.
    Stuff of Legend vol 4: This is one of 2 series my wife reads/loves (the other is Mouse Guard of course)
    The one book I've been waiting over a year to order. Knights of the Dinner 200: I'm not sure there are any comic book characters I love more than the goofballs from Muncie. I started with issue 100 and have over the years collected from 20 up to 196. I'm excited about this.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    edited April 2013
    Bongo

Sergio Aragones’ Funnies #8
    The Simpsons #203

DC

Action Comics #21 - (My last issue, now that Morrison is gone and Lobdell is coming on; I would have taken a chance with Diggle, but that ain’t happening now.)
    Adventures Of Superman #1, 2 (Since the Orson Scott Card story has been postponed)
    All-Star Western #21
    Aquaman #21
    Arrow #8
    Astro City #1A
    Batman Beyond Unlimited #17
    Batman, Incorporated #12
    Batwing #21 - (Also my last issue, now that the original Batwing and concept have been written out of the series in order to bring it closer to Gotham and the Batman Family. I liked the idea of a Batman in a different culture; changing that kills my interest in the title.)
    Constantine #4
    Dial H #13
    Earth Two #13
    Flash #21
    Green Lantern #21
    Green Lantern Corps #21
    Green Lantern: New Guardians #21
    Green Team #2
    Injustice: Gods Among Us #5
    Justice League #21
    Justice League Dark #21
    Justice League of America #5