Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News - Orphan Black

2»

Comments

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    David_D said:

It was great to see Patton Oswalt and Damon Lindelof tweeting their love of the show, and Tatiana Maslany's amazing performance(s).

A lot of TV critics are pushing for her to get an Emmy nomination. It is always an uphill battle given that it is a genre show, and BBC America is just getting started in originals. But here's hoping.

The series and the actress both got nominated for a Television Critics Association award.

The Hollywood Reporter
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    edited June 2013
    tazmaniak said:

David_D said:

It was great to see Patton Oswalt and Damon Lindelof tweeting their love of the show, and Tatiana Maslany's amazing performance(s).

A lot of TV critics are pushing for her to get an Emmy nomination. It is always an uphill battle given that it is a genre show, and BBC America is just getting started in originals. But here's hoping.

The series and the actress both got nominated for a Television Critics Association award.

The Hollywood Reporter
    Indeed. And there have been a number of television critics who have been big advocates of her and the show from early on. Which put some extra wind in the sails towards an Emmy nomination. We'll see. . .
  • Options
    She just won the Critic's Choice Television Award last night for Best Actress in A Drama Series.

Deadline

That's impressive. She beat Clare Danes, who basically won every single lead actress award this year and last year. Keri Russell, too. The Americans has been called the best show of 2013 by a lot of critics and viewers and most had Russell pegged as the winner of most of the lead actress awards for the rest of the year. But Orphan Black premiered, and we had a new candidate.

While I believe The Americans is a superior show and I like Keri Russell more as an actress (probably because I've been aware of her about 2 decades longer than I've been aware of Tatiana Maslany), I think the win was well-deserved.
  • Options
    JamieDJamieD Posts: 210

@JamieD: Guess you got distracted by the hot chick ;) There are many shots which declare that the place is Toronto (Canada....). For instance: the travel itinerary at Elizabeth Child's place depicts a flight from Toronto to Cleveland, the cars have Ontario license plates, Toronto News Channel on the Tele, etc...etc...

But Tatiana Maslany truly is so darn hot.......

They do make mention of a train to NYC in the opening, that is where she is on the tracks. I didnt get any vibe of Canada in the show other then seeing the mention in the end
  • Options
    In another example of this show getting a push from TV critics- Orphan Bkack will be on the covet of EW next week (the ComicCon issue). Good stuff.
  • Options
    Unfortunately (and surprisingly), Tatiana and the show didn't receive any nominations this year.

Deadline

Also surprising is The Americans not getting any major nominations. Like I said above, The Americans is one of my favorite new shows of 2013 and has been hailed by some as the best new show of the year, but they were completely shut out of any major categories. The show was only nominated for Guest Actress and Main Title Theme.

• Options
    I agree the nominations were disappointing. Not that surprising, though. In both cases, these are small (especially in the case of BBC-America) channels up against a lot of bigger or more established ones, and Tatiana Maslany was matched against a list of already-established movie and TV star names. Maybe next year.

I am also bummed Americans didn't get more, that is also an excellent series.
  • Options
    The award shows get stuck in these awful cycles that leave no room for new talent. TV is so fantastic these days the same people should never win an award twice.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    My wife and I just watched the entire season a week or two back and really enjoyed it. Kept us guessing the whole time. Have to love a show that can still manage to do that in this day and age.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    This show is just amazing. I'm a big fan and I can't wait for the new season.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Only have one episode left to watch. I'm saving it up. Don't want it to be over. A near perfect show. Sexy, thrilling and funny.

Any news when next season will air?
  • Options

Only have one episode left to watch. I'm saving it up. Don't want it to be over. A near perfect show. Sexy, thrilling and funny.

Any news when next season will air?

April 2014.

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    It seems like such a long time to wait for such a cool show like this.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    jaydee74 said:

It seems like such a long time to wait for such a cool show like this.

Tom Haverford needs a girlfriend

• Options
    If you have been curious to give Orphan Black a try, but have missed it, or don't have the right channel-- Amazon is streaming the whole first season for free this Friday (to help promote the upcoming Season 3 premiere on Saturday).

On Friday you can follow this link to find the episodes. (And it looks like at least the first episode of Season 1 is available to watch now, if you stream it with ads).

And if you are an Amazon Prime member, you can watch seasons 1 and 2 already anytime.
  • Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited April 2015
    I just marathoned the last six episodes of season 2.
    Bring on the clones.
    xfinity has seasons 1 & 2 on its on demand service.
    The episodes are included in my cable package, but it's likely cable services will vary.

• Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I watched the 1st season on DVD through Netflix, and will be getting the 2nd season before much longer.
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    BUMP-- For you EST folks, tonight at 9pm, across a number of different channels (BBC America, AMC, IFC, Sundance).

A little birdie tells me it is going to be a cool season. With 100% more talking scorpions than last season.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I look forward to watching it.

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Some bittersweet news for Orphan Black fan (Clone Club).
    BBC America announced that Orphan Black will return for a 5th season. However, season 5 will also be the show's final season.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-fifth-season-of-orphan-black-will-be-its-last-1782094315
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I think it's good that they are going to bring it to a conclusion. Too often, series go on way too long, and it was pretty clear in season 2 and 3 that they didn't exactly know where they were going all the time.