Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Daredevil Rights Switch Back to Marvel

According to Bleeding Cool (via Newsarama), the movie rights have reverted from 20th Century Fox back to Marvel Studios. I enjoyed the Affleck film (more so the Director's Cut), and so the prospect of a new DD anything is exciting! Imagine a silver screen representation of Waid-era DD...

From the BC:
"There’s not much to report as yet, but it’s an interesting technicality. The movie rights to Daredevil have reverted from 20th Century Fox to Marvel Studios and Disney.

Kevin Feige confirmed the situation when speaking with Newsarama at the Iron Man 3 junket. He gave no indication of what this will mean, however.

With Ant Man coming, and Luke Cage and Black Panther somewhere in the pipeline, we might see things at Marvel go a lot more “street level” for a stretch.

Or, with legal dramas being a TV standby and Agents of SHIELD coming along, perhaps they’ll give the man without fear a shot at small screen glory?"

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I could see Daredevil working well as a television show. It could be a mix of vigilante action with legal court drama. I'd be into something like that although I would love to see a wave of Marvel movies that focused on a "Marvel Knights" theme.
  • Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    jaydee74 said:

I could see Daredevil working well as a television show. It could be a mix of vigilante action with legal court drama. I'd be into something like that although I would love to see a wave of Marvel movies that focused on a "Marvel Knights" theme.

Until then, maybe we'll see him in animation again. For some reason, unlike Fox's other Marvel properties like X-Men and FF, Daredevil hasn't made an appearance in any animated show or movie since Fox obtained the rights to him in 1997. The last time we saw him in animation was an episode of Spider-Man: TAS in late 1996.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    tazmaniak said:

jaydee74 said:

Until then, maybe we'll see him in animation again. For some reason, unlike Fox's other Marvel properties like X-Men and FF, Daredevil hasn't made an appearance in any animated show or movie since Fox obtained the rights to him in 1997. The last time we saw him in animation was an episode of Spider-Man: TAS in late 1996.
    I remember that appearance. He also guest-starred in the 90's FF cartoon.

• Options
    tazmaniaktazmaniak Posts: 733
    Feige recently did an interview with Entertainment Weekly and he confirms Ghost Rider has returned to Marvel Studios.

Twitter
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Marvel has the rights for Punisher and Daredevil that could be a fun movie.

Now that it has GhostRider and Blade could we see a Rise of the Midnite Sons?
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I'm betting Disney isn't going to greenlight any of the Midnight Sons or another Punisher film, both for their lackluster ticket sales on their last outings, and the bloodthirsty-ness of the protagonists... Wouldn't keep them from licensing them to another studio though.

LEt me know when they get Spidey, FF, and/or the X-Men back.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    I don't think they would either. Ghost Rider never should have been a movie to start with.
  • Options
    tazmaniak said:

Feige recently did an interview with Entertainment Weekly and he confirms Ghost Rider has returned to Marvel Studios.

Twitter

Do you have an article that says it has? I thought The Spirit of Vengeance was a rights grab.
  • Options
    Thanks. I knew it did bad but I think it did so bad that they wouldn't want to retool it. Glad that it's back in the hands of Marvel but that prob means we won't be seeing him on the big screen anytime soon. Maybe we'll get an R rated direct to dvd take much like Man-Thing.