Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

John Ostrander is going to write Aquaman 20

CBR Link

I know this just one issue, but Ostrander is one of my favorite writers at DC from the mid-80s through the 90s. I loved his Spectre series. I'm all in on Ostrander even if he's a fill-in guy. Maybe this will lead him to get on a different series.

edited part: I also enjoyed his independent and Stars Wars work. John is just great.

Comments

• Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I love the fact that he's writing an issue. I'm a bit curious as to why Geoff is taking an issue off but still, this is cool news.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,616
    It's awesome. I've been wanting him to write for DC since the relaunch. Hopefully Harris won't screw this up for me.
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Ostrander wrote Aquaman before, and I know Gail Simone got him the Secret Six writing gig to help him out. My guess is Johns just wants wants to give a great legendary writer some current work. I have no proof, just my gut.
  • Options
    Was JLA #3 supposed to, or did it, come out a week or two ago? If it was supposed to, but didn't, then is delay Johns' fault or Lee's?
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I hope this leads to more work for him. He's one of the best writers when it comes to DC's characters...and they REALLY need someone who can put a story together at this point.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003

Was JLA #3 supposed to, or did it, come out a week or two ago? If it was supposed to, but didn't, then is delay Johns' fault or Lee's?

Justice League Of America #3, which was supposed to ship on the first week of April, is currently rescheduled to ship on May 8th, putting it a full month behind. The subsequent issues have (to the best of my knowledge) had their release dates adjusted accordingly.

I don't know the reasons, but I generally assume the artist is running behind.