Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

I need help with a dilemma!

The owner of my comic shop suddenly passed away last year. Since then his girlfriend has been carrying on but this week she called to say that she was packing it in. In truth I would have switched to DCBS a long time ago but I felt a loyalty to my comic shop owner. Looking over DCBS's service I see that I need to order two month in advance, which only makes sense, but I need to figure out what to do in the meantime. Obviously I can go to one of the other shops in the area, but I won't get my discount. I could lie and tell them I'm a new customer that wants to sign up to get a discount, but I'd feel bad about that.

To make matters worse, I just found out that this week's shipment was the last, and she forgot to order the new Previews as well. So I guess I'm just looking for somewhere to get my Previews and the next two months of comics while I get set up, and not to sound greedy, but I'd like to get a discount. Anyone have any ideas where I could order?

Thanks for any help anyone can offer!

Comments

• Options
    First I have to say that we define dilemma very differently. Secondly, there's no reason to feel bad about wanting to get a discount for two mouths. I say just sign up and get the discount. Who knows you might find that the store offers something that DCBS doesn't and that you will want to support them with your future purchases.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Go ahead and e-mail DCBS and let them know what current stuff you are looking for. They have a storefront AND are able to reorder, so they are great at getting your books, even if they came out within the last month.
  • Options
    mguy1977mguy1977 Posts: 801
    What SolitareRose said. I have been a customer of DCBS for 6 years+ & they were able to get me books I missed. I hope you get your situation fixed for you Bruce.

Matthew
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    I agree with what they said. Let the DCBS guys know your situation, and tell them you are wanting to switch over to them. Se what they can do for you. If they can sell you a comic I'm pretty sure they will.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    In the past, there have been several times that I forgot to order a title, and DCBS was always accomadating when I sent them an email.

When I recently added seven new titles, I inquired about getting some of the current and recently released titles, and DCBS quickly got back to me and were able to supply all I was looking for, and at the discount.

I truly love DCBS. They know how to breed loyalty in customers.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I agree with Justin's comment a lot. Maybe you find somethng at that other store that will entice you. It doesn't hurt to try it.
  • Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    Allow me to pile on and say that DCBS can get you what you need (I forgot to order an entire month once and they were able to get most of it.)

If you only care about storyline, then you could wait until those issues go on sale at comixology. (usually a month later for DC titles)/
  • Options
    Bruce_RBruce_R Posts: 6
    Thank you everyone for your helpful posts. I've gone ahead and ordered June's books from DCBS and will email them regarding my May books. As for going to the other store, I'll no doubt do that as well if for no other reason than that's my "quality time" with my son. We visit the comic shop together every week or so. I can buy issues of things that spark my interest on those visits.
    Thanks again!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Wished I'd have your dilemma.
  • Options
    Bruce_RBruce_R Posts: 6
    Yeah, maybe dilemma was a bit heavy handed! Seemed it at the time though!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Coulda been worse...you could've said "Crisis!" :)

And yes, I've been using Cam and DCBS for five years running now...they will do their damnedest to get what you're looking for or at least offer an explanation as to why they can't.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    I echo what everyone is saying about DCBS. I actually switched back to getting most of my regular books through a local comics shop after I finally found a good one again, but I still usually order at least a couple of things every month through DCBS and recommend them to people who don't have a good shop near them. They're good folks.