Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Introduce Yourself-- And Play Two Truths and a Lie...

Comments

• Options
    Amalgam_ManAmalgam_Man Posts: 53
    No. 2 is the false. I Have been to or lived in all states except Maine, Alaska, and Hawaii.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130
    @Amalgam_Man That is awesome! Were you in the army or something?
  • Options
    Amalgam_ManAmalgam_Man Posts: 53
    Nope, my parents are just crazy. I never got a straight answer for all the moves.
  • Options
    What's up guys?

Hey, I'm starting a new web-series based on what the Avengers do on their day off. It's a for mature audiences and we've got 3 promos out now. If you're in to it, tell your buds and help us spread it around! Here's a link to the Captain America Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlzegrIdUlI&hd=1

-The Offenders
  • Options
    My name is Davin, and I hail from good ol' Western Massachusetts, home of the Ninja Turtles [mirage]. I've been listening to CGS for a few years now, when I made the plunge into Comic geekdom. After three years of getting caught up in the comic universe, mainly Marvel, I've began to venture out into the social scene of conventions- most recently, Wild Pig.

1. I have been a straight A student my entire life.
    2. I was a high school multi-sport athlete and multi-instrument musician.
    3. Bryan Deemer mistook me for Noah Wyle.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087

1. I have been a straight A student my entire life.
    2. I was a high school multi-sport athlete and multi-instrument musician.
    3. Bryan Deemer mistook me for Noah Wyle.
    if #1 + #2 should be the truth - then you ARE Noah Wyle.....'cause actors can act anything..... 8-}
  • Options
    Michael777Michael777 Posts: 15
    Hey everyone! Long time listener who has finally decided to start posting. been reading comics (mainly Marvel) since i was about 6. Stopped from about freshman year of high school and picked up again senior year.

1. I am a tattoo artist.
    2. I have offended Arnold Schwarzenegger in person.
    3. I have never drank an alcoholic beverage.
  • Options

1. I am a tattoo artist.
    2. I have offended Arnold Schwarzenegger in person.
    3. I have never drank an alcoholic beverage.

:-? hmmm...how could #2 be true if #3 was a lie.....
  • Options
    spaceman88spaceman88 Posts: 19
    My name is Mike. Long time listener but haven't been on the forums for a long time. Read more books than I should from all publishers.

1. I have a glass eye
    2. I was a Marvel Intern
    3. I have never read Sandman
  • Options
    Michael777Michael777 Posts: 15
    These are tricky! haha! I need to put some serious thought behind some of these.
  • Options
    QuinQuestionQuinQuestion Posts: 130

1. I have a glass eye
    2. I was a Marvel Intern
    3. I have never read Sandman
    I think i would be more unlikely for a comic book fan to have a glass eye than to have never read Sandman lol So my guess is number 3.

• Options
    Hi everyone,

My name's Paul Monk and I'm from the UK. Been reading comics for ages but stopped in the early 90's and didn't get started again until a few years ago. Only discovered the Comic Geek Speak podcasts at the London Super Comic Convention but have been listening regularly since then.

1) I have played The Doctor in a series of Doctor Who audio adventures for the last 4 yours.
    2) I once had a slice of Paul Cornell's wedding cake.
    3) I was once a contestant on a popular uk reality tv show.
  • Options
    I'm DJ from North Dakota... I've been on the show during one of the call ins... it was fun.

1. I had collected over 10,000 comics before selling them all off.
    2. I'm a life long Shazam fan, loving the new one, especially.
    3. I've created a large scale shared universe of superheroes that I've been working on since I was 10 (1986).
  • Options
    edited May 2012

1) I have played The Doctor in a series of Doctor Who audio adventures for the last 4 yours.
    2) I once had a slice of Paul Cornell's wedding cake.
    3) I was once a contestant on a popular uk reality tv show.
    Come on! You perfectly know that we want to learn the whole story! Tell it! Now! Please....???
  • Options

3. I've created a large scale shared universe of superheroes that I've been working on since I was 10 (1986).
    #3 would be all kinds of awesome....

• Options
    Come on! You perfectly know that we want to learn the whole story! Tell it! Now! Please....???
    Which bit do you want to know about? The true statements or the false one? :)
  • Options
    I've added a clue to one of them.
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    I've added a clue to one of them.
    :D are you that guy ? >>>>> planetskaro.org.uk/audios/season2-daleks.htm

• Options
    Yes! That is me. :)
  • Options
    preacherpreacher Posts: 4
    Hi I'm mim,I've been a listener since ep.1
    I'm a 38dd
    I float like an octopus an sting like a fridge.
    An I really hope this one episode every few days is not the way the show is going,to many top podcasts have or are slowly ending.
  • Options
    SonofthorSonofthor Posts: 73
    My Name is Greg. I started listening to Comic Geek Speak last year and now listen to every episode.

1. I have been co-writing a comic with a friend for 10years.
    2. My oldest comic is IronMan #1
    3. I was an extra in the Avengers, I was the guy in the back.
  • Options
    My Name is Greg. I started listening to Comic Geek Speak last year and now listen to every episode.

How could that be?! I was THE guy in the back!

• Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Hi Everyone! Huge fan of the show, but not too active on the Forum. Many thanks to the CGS crew for YEARS of entertainment and education! And thanks to all you forumites who participate in the show (calling in, writing, sending stuff in); you help make the show even better!

1. I am a Marvel Fanatic with 18,000+ Marvel Comics in my collection.
    2. I am a Shark Biologist who has been all over the world (Caribbean, Japan, mid-Atlantic Ridge, Brazil, Taiwan, Spain, etc.) to play with my toothy friends.
    3. I have four children, three of which are named after Marvel characters (well, I said I'm a fanatic, didn't I?!)
  • Options

1. I am a Marvel Fanatic with 18,000+ Marvel Comics in my collection.
    2. I am a Shark Biologist who has been all over the world (Caribbean, Japan, mid-Atlantic Ridge, Brazil, Taiwan, Spain, etc.) to play with my toothy friends.
    3. I have four children, three of which are named after Marvel characters (well, I said I'm a fanatic, didn't I?!)
    Although dealing with 4 children is pretty close to being a Shark Biologist - my guess is #1 and #3 are the truth.

And should #2 be true......I've been swimming in Spanish shores many times...nobody told me that there are friggin' sharks..... #-o
  • Options
    TheMarvelManTheMarvelMan Posts: 159
    Nope, #1 and #2 are true! As for #3, my wife and I have no children, but we do have four cats... and three are named after Marvel characters! As for swimming with sharks, do it! I've been in the water scores of times with scores of sharks and I still have all four limbs. So, either it's safer than TV suggests... or sharks don't like junk food!
  • Options
    SonofthorSonofthor Posts: 73

How could that be?! I was THE guy in the back!

I remember you , I was the one to the left!!!!
  • Options

#3 would be all kinds of awesome....

Okay... I will reveal that I actually HAVE been working on a shared universe since I was 10. There are long lost actual comics I made myself but since I've learned my art skills do not fit what I want this universe to look like, I've decided to concentrate more on the storytelling items.

With the success of the new Marvel Studios shared universe, I've revamped a few of my old ideas in order to fit into a realistic world and work several stories up from their own points to form my own super team with the bulk of my heroes.

I'd do this in a graphic novel form. Now, I just need me an artist... and others to pitch in ideas for heroes wouldn't be terrible, either. :)
  • Options
    Hi I'm mim,I've been a listener since ep.1
    I'm a 38dd
    I float like an octopus an sting like a fridge.
    An I really hope this one episode every few days is not the way the show is going,to many top podcasts have or are slowly ending.
    I think that the first one is the lie. The other two coincide: 38 DD would make your buoyancy much better. :)
  • Options
    What's up guys?

Hey, I'm starting a new web-series based on what the Avengers do on their day off. It's a for mature audiences and we've got 3 promos out now. If you're in to it, tell your buds and help us spread it around! Here's a link to the Captain America Promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlzegrIdUlI&hd=1

-The Offenders
    Oh my... :)

• Options
    misterdeluxemisterdeluxe Posts: 2
    edited May 2012
    Hi everyone, long time listener, first time poster. :)

My name is Ricardo, I live in the city of Porto, in Portugal. Here are a couple of facts about me (and a lie):

1 - I'm a balding 27 years old graphic designer.
    2- I haven't had a girlfriend for 10 years.
    3 - I'm an expert in vietnamese martial-arts.