Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1391 Talkback: Comic Talk

In this episode we get Murd's thoughts on the end of Age of Ultron (spoilers), follow up on Jamie's reaction to the storyline, and discuss BOOM! Studios' acquisition of Archaia. We also talk with Teras Cassidy and Marie-Claude Bourbonnais about 'Geek Nation Tours' and their plans for this year's New York Comic Con. (1:11:50)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    greyman24greyman24 Posts: 50
    While I don't necessarily share Jamie's views on The Movement (see other thread), I TOTALLY understand where he's coming from on Marvel's titles (and many of DC's) slipping in quality and not being worth the price of admission.

To me, what makes Marvel's slippage especially egregious is their quality slippage in conjunction with their horrible pricing strategy--particularly with digital comics. I haven't been able to bring myself to buy ANY Marvel books digitally unless they're on sale. Combine that with the head-scratching foolishness in story and cross-overs, and I will be part of the not-so-merry people marching AWAY from Marvel.
  • Options
    Does the Boom!/Archaia merger mean we will get a Planet of the Apes vs. Mouse Guard series? It may be a little one-sided, like a Bambi vs. Godzilla fight, but I would so pay for that...

Getting closer to my Stump the Murd questions I submitted last summer...the anticipation is palpable!
  • Options
    Take your heart pills before you check out Marie-Claude Bourbonnais' photos... yikes.
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Tonebone said:

Take your heart pills before you check out Marie-Claude Bourbonnais' photos... yikes.

QFT!
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Just to put it very plainly, Marie-Claude Bourbonnais is NSFW.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited June 2013
    rebis said:

truth I made the mistake of googling her last night while my wife and I were watching tv. I exited that screen in hurry before she could see. I'm not going to be image searching her again.

Jamie D wasn't playing when he mentioned she can fill out a custom.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Yowza. You guys weren't kidding. @-)

The Muddle the Murd submission this time was fun, but with two questions on heroes who can split their bodies apart, I was hoping the 3rd question would work in the M.F. Enterprises version of Captain Marvel!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Just a few corrections for you @Murd

1. Ultron's return was him coming back from outer space during the Annihilation Conquest stuff.

2. Wolverine's time traveling was the straw that broke the Camel's back. It wasn't just because of what he did but everything over the history of the Marvel Universe.

I for one don't think Marvel is going to reboot everything. I think they're going to use it as an opportunity to do some crazy stories (like the rumor that Galactus may actually eat the Ultimate Universe's Earth or the Spider-Man we see in Mighty Avengers is Miles Morales...). If Marvel was going to reboot that probably would have been the time.

Oh Jamie just mentioned it...
  • Options
    NickNick Posts: 284
    Tonebone said:

Yeah I Googled her...then I oogled. Man she is one very attractive woman!

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    rebis said:

Depends where you work..