Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

DC subscription sale

Friend of mine found this through woot, you can't even search for it on their site.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/summer-comic-book-sale?utm_source=cj&cj=true&utm_term=0_4b19ac787e-b67ded337e-26094853&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Woot+Services+(deals.woot.com)

There's only an hour left, last year it kept resetting and went on for a few days though.

I got it last year and was completely satisfied with the results. I've resubscribed to Batman and Teen Titans again this year.

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,617
    It's at 19 hrs now. 12 issues for $14.99. Not too shabby.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I resubscribed to Wonder Woman. It's been consistently great.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Torchsong said:

I resubscribed to Wonder Woman. It's been consistently great.

It seems to be the one title that has been left alone.

So far editorial seems content to screw* with Wonder Woman in other books.

*Yes. I'm still 12 years old at heart.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Thanks for the reminder- I need to use this renew Batman and WW.

It is an excellent price (especially when oversized issues happen). The books tend to come within a week of street date or less, and the condition (not that I am too concerned about that) has been no problem.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457
    Subscription is a hidden gem. I've subscribed to Amazing Spiderman since Brand New Day at $50 for 36 issues. That was a push for the 3x a month book and they have honored it since. Now I also get a digital code for the same rate. It's the only monthly I read so when another deal like TANGA's pops up, I jump on it.
  • Options
    ctowner1ctowner1 Posts: 481
    SO if you have a subscription and there's a few months left on it and one of these sales come up, can you still buy the new subscription and it will pick up when your sub ends? Or will you end up with duplicate books from the overlap?

e
    L nny
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    SO if you have a subscription and there's a few months left on it and one of these sales come up, can you still buy the new subscription and it will pick up when your sub ends? Or will you end up with duplicate books from the overlap?

e
    L nny
    The big sale is over now, so it may be moot to answer this, but I actually have an answer and that happens so seldom I feel I MUST share.

You will end up with duplicate books from the overlap. I did this with Batman a while back, got the first year for $9.99, and toward the end, Tanga advertised a $12.99 sub for Batman, so I went ahead and signed on, and ended up doubling up on two issues. Still, worth the discount, but kinda crummy.
  • Options
    shroud68shroud68 Posts: 457

e
    L nny
    The big sale is over now, so it may be moot to answer this, but I actually have an answer and that happens so seldom I feel I MUST share.

You will end up with duplicate books from the overlap. I did this with Batman a while back, got the first year for $9.99, and toward the end, Tanga advertised a $12.99 sub for Batman, so I went ahead and signed on, and ended up doubling up on two issues. Still, worth the discount, but kinda crummy.

I am a big proponent of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. When I have had subscription issues with Marvel I start the daisy chain of phone calls and 9 times out of 10 it is resolved in my favor. They obviously are not making money off these type of deals and the service agent can make adjustments including extended a subscription to satisfy your type of concern. In a case of subscription over lap, it seems like such a scenario where it can be fixed.