Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The New Ultimate Spiderman Animated Series on Disney XD

2»

Comments

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    I watched it and thought it was fun. It's not aimed at us, but at boys aged 8 - 14, and I think it'll do well for that group. Lots of anime inspired gags, a nice overall story and Peter was VERY likable. For me? It's a silly piece of fluff, but if I were 12, I'd be all over this. I also REALLY liked the "Fury Files" that give background and explanation between episodes. The Hawkeye one was great and a good intro to the character.

The repurposed footage from the 80's cartoons, on the other hand, was just lame. I'll be skipping that in the future.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    edited April 2012
    I watched it last Sunday with my (kid) nephew. I was unprepared for all the.... hijinx.

He never saw it before that day, either. His response?

"It's funnier than I thought it would be."

He liked it.

As for me, I'll give it another shot.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    I've watched additional episodes and while they were better they're trying just a little too hard with the humor.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I've watched additional episodes and while they were better they're trying just a little too hard with the humor.
    i agree it's almost like they've got the jokes on a timer and every 11 seconds one has to be inserted whether it fits there or not

little disappointed that the venom storyline didn't follow the ultimate universe's version but i guess it would be hard to squeeze in eddie brock and all of that with all the new characters they've added

and no liz still?

• Options
    I agree about the forced humor. But I may be able to overlook that, as this show has some decent action. (From what I've seen of the Doctor Doom episode)

Plus, I like the mix of characters.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    It's entertaining.
  • Options
    This may have been my favorite episode. It's improved every week and that's all I ask.

Just a little side note but Tron Uprising looks pretty cool.
  • Options
    BTW I noticed in the credits it was written by Man of Action. Any ideas?
  • Options
    ♪♪The Man of Action♪♪
    ♪♪Like muscle mothers, not brothers♪♪
    ♪♪On grand adventures♪♪
    ♪♪They pushed me with them♪♪
    ♪♪For mayhem♪♪
    ♪♪Who's Rusty♪♪
    ♪♪I'm Rusty♪♪
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    My nephew continues to enjoy them. Awesome.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    edited April 2012
    my nephews and niece are coming to visit this summer i think i'm going to keep a few episodes on the dvr for distractions

they're just getting into super heroes and i'm trying my best to keep it that way
  • Options
    matchkitJOHNmatchkitJOHN Posts: 1,030
    My 8 year-old son enjoys it but I'll pass. I watched two minutes and said "They gave Deadpool a cartoon?"
  • Options
    My 8 year-old son enjoys it but I'll pass. I watched two minutes and said "They gave Deadpool a cartoon?"
    Holy... crap.... he is like Deadpool!

(Minus the graphic violence)