Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited September 2013
    I am beginning to believe you're right = it is fake and DC fans were being punk'd by Funny or Die.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/28641/justin-bieber-is-robin-thankfully-no
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Torchsong said:

I'm excited!

1) Affleck's a fool not to do this. I'm sure the money he makes doing this will help fund the next The Town or Argo.

2) I like Affleck. There. I said it. Yeah, he's done some bad movies. So has John Wayne. So did Olivier. He's also done some GREAT movies (see #1 above).

3) I've never been convinced you must be a master thespian to be Batman. I'm no actor, but it simply *can't* be that demanding of a role.

4) I can totally see Affleck in this role.

GREAT move, WB/DC. Wow...it must be Friday because I just said that! :)

I liked this post but I'm not quite THAT enthused about the choice. I didn't see this coming by any means and my initial reaction was, "wha???" but upon reflection i think this is one of those times i have to wait and see the performance. I don't think he can't do it (if you'll forgive the double negative). I think, I may be optimistically skeptical.
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    so tired of Batfleck jokes 8-|
  • Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457

so tired of Batfleck jokes 8-|

I concur. This isn't the late 90s.

M
  • Options
    PlaneisPlaneis Posts: 980
    Silly season getting started early on this movie

Larry David Casting Rumor
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Planeis said:

Silly season getting started early on this movie

Larry David Casting Rumor

1. This would be amazing
    2. This will never happen.
  • Options
    Behind the scenes at Man of Steel 2

Little early filming took place for a staged Metropolis State University and Gotham City University football games. One of the extras shot this if anyone is interested.
  • Options
    So current rumor has it that Jaimie Alexander (Sif from Thor movies) is up for the role of Wonder Woman in Batman v. Superman since the actress let it slip she knows the movie's storyline during recent talks ith WB. Since Sif & Wonder Woman have some similarities...and Jaimie is 5'9", I don't have too many issues seeing her take up the role.

I'm actually more concerned this Man of Steel sequel is going to be less about Superman & more about DC's other characters. I wonder if the movie actually made a lot less then expected, so rather then a reboot again, this is a veiled way of getting a sequel, hurrying a JLA movie, & establishing the new continuity.

M
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    I anticipate her role, if it is indeed Wonder Woman, to be a post credits situation. Or possibly her Diana role will be featured as a secondary character in the movie.

Man of Steel has earned nearly $700 million worldwide, more than Iron Man, much more than Batman Begins.

I feel like DC is treating this movie like their Iron Man 2. Everyone is calling it Superman vs. Batman, but I anticipate the title being either Man of Steel 2, or Man of Tomorrow or something like that. Iron Man 2 featured more SHIELD, Nick Fury, and Scarlett Johansson because they were starting to introduce all the Avengers elements. Some people don't like Iron Man 2 because of that, and while I agree it hurt it as an individual movie, taken in the context of the whole series I think it fits in well. Thats what it seems like they are doing.

Edit: Frankly, if DC/WB wants their version of the Marvel movie universe, they should put a wonder woman movie into production right now. Iron Man was a hit in 2008, but a month later, the Incredible Hulk came out. It didn't do all that hot, but it did contain a post credits scene with Tony Stark. Iron Man 2 came out two years later in 2010 and then Thor and Captain America came out in 2011. Its unfortunate that they kind of bungled Green Lantern, but I think they should put a sequal and a Wonder Woman movie into production to premiere either later in the year as Man of Steel 2 or the year after.

Marvel was able to do what they did by establishing their brand, non-comic fans now understand that its all part of the same series. They've serialized their movies in a way no one has done before and if DC wants the same they need to get cracking. if Superman comes out in 2015 and then there other movies don't come out till 2017 or later I think people won't have that same sense of anticipation that now accompanies every Marvel movie (which of course is helped along by the Disney marketing machine).
  • Options
    Here's a qoute from an Interview with Forbe's movie guy

"“I would love for DC to put Wonder Woman in one of their upcoming flicks, either in her own movie or Batman vs. Superman, or just something even to introduce her.” Getting more to the point regarding her earlier comments, Alexander explained carefully, “Being in the comic book world, we know a lot of the same people at DC and Marvel, so we hear a lot of things, but it’s all speculation right now. But I would absolutely love that [Wonder Woman appearing in one of the upcoming films]. Thankfully and gratefully, I’m appreciative to the people who ask my opinion of the character, and that’s been pretty amazing.”
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Matt said:

I'm actually more concerned this Man of Steel sequel is going to be less about Superman & more about DC's other characters. I wonder if the movie actually made a lot less then expected, so rather then a reboot again, this is a veiled way of getting a sequel, hurrying a JLA movie, & establishing the new continuity.

M

Im gonna say yes.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    I think they really dropped the ball by not setting up more in MoS to begin with. Especially if they now want to throw everything but the kitchen sink into the sequel. going to feel awfully disjointed / disconnected. but why should DC start doing things right with their movies now?
  • Options
    batlaw said:

I think they really dropped the ball by not setting up more in MoS to begin with. Especially if they now want to throw everything but the kitchen sink into the sequel. going to feel awfully disjointed / disconnected. but why should DC start doing things right with their movies now?

Initially, I liked how MoS went, so I did not think they dropped the ball. NOW, it would seem they did. If this clusterF was initially planned for the sequel, then they did drop the ball. If the sequels for MoS were to expand his character development, then I do not think the ball was dropped.

If I were Henry Cavill, I would be put on a happy face, but be pissed that MY sequel is turning into anything but my character...especially if the title is Batman v. Superman.

M
  • Options
    Any chance the sequel will be THIS good?!

http://youtu.be/nYCVnWStLrg

M
  • Options
    Bwaaaaaahahahahahahaha "goodbye my son, our hopes and dreams travel with you."

Hilarious. Or maybe that's because I drank 3/4 of a 40 oz bottle of Colt 45.
  • Options
    Matt said:

batlaw said:

Initially, I liked how MoS went, so I did not think they dropped the ball. NOW, it would seem they did. If this clusterF was initially planned for the sequel, then they did drop the ball. If the sequels for MoS were to expand his character development, then I do not think the ball was dropped.

If I were Henry Cavill, I would be put on a happy face, but be pissed that MY sequel is turning into anything but my character...especially if the title is Batman v. Superman.

M
    Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa... We have seen... no footage. We know nothing about the script.

Should Robert Downey have been pissed that S.H.I.E.L.D., ScarJo, a whole lot of Nick Fury with Mr. Badass himself Samuel L. Jackson and a little bit of Thor was snuck into his second movie? No. Because they were setting up avengers and we all knew that.

All the rumors about Wonder Woman are just that, rumors. It could be an after credits scene, it could be a cameo, it could be a scene broadcast on the news in the movie. She could be Diana, who makes an appearance at the U.N. for three minutes in the movie. It could be anything. It could be nothing. We don't know anything.

Do I think the WB should hit the accelerator? Yes I do. I think they should have a WW movie, a Green Lantern 2 (yes i hated it, but so what), and a new Batman movie in the works. Yea I do. But lets not go jumping to conclusions about a movie thats 18 months away and we know absolutely nothing about other than Batman will be in it and it will be somehow inspired by one sentence from The Dark Knight Returns.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Planeis said:

Matt said:

batlaw said:

M
    Whoa Whoa Whoa Whoa... We have seen... no footage. We know nothing about the script.

Should Robert Downey have been pissed that S.H.I.E.L.D., ScarJo, a whole lot of Nick Fury with Mr. Badass himself Samuel L. Jackson and a little bit of Thor was snuck into his second movie? No. Because they were setting up avengers and we all knew that.

All the rumors about Wonder Woman are just that, rumors. It could be an after credits scene, it could be a cameo, it could be a scene broadcast on the news in the movie. She could be Diana, who makes an appearance at the U.N. for three minutes in the movie. It could be anything. It could be nothing. We don't know anything.

Do I think the WB should hit the accelerator? Yes I do. I think they should have a WW movie, a Green Lantern 2 (yes i hated it, but so what), and a new Batman movie in the works. Yea I do. But lets not go jumping to conclusions about a movie thats 18 months away and we know absolutely nothing about other than Batman will be in it and it will be somehow inspired by one sentence from The Dark Knight Returns.
    The movie has been titled "Batman v. Superman" so far. Even if its altered, it's not titled Man of Steel 2.

RDJ was still in a movie called "Iron Man 2", of which he is cast as. Plus, are ScarJo, Sam Jackson, or Thor's Hammer bigger name actors then RDJ?

RDJ's star was falling prior to Iron Man, but he was a hell of a lot more known by age 30 as an actor then Cavill. I'd argue MoS did well but not Avengers/TDK well. If Batman (especially if he's a globally known actor) is in the movie the thought could be that'll put it into the $1 billion range.

I would like to see other properties get made into movies quicker, but DON'T think the accelerator should be on the floor. Build toward the JLA without sacrificing the quality of movies to get there. You could easily argue IM2 was mostly a prequel for the Avengers & the weakest of Phase One. That's an example of flooring the accelerator.

From Iron Man to Avengers, it was a race, not a sprint!

M

Side note, the best course of action for GL is to NOT make a 2. Introduce a revised, recasted version in JLA and move forward from there. It worked for the Hulk.
  • Options
    I also don't see a new series of Batman films anytime soon. With Affleck as Batman, he could be the DCU linch pin connecting the characters to the JLA. Without a new series of Batman movies right now, there won't be any scrutinizing & comparing to Nolan's vision.

Inserting Batman into the other character's movies bridges gaps & gives the studio (a perceived) boost with the #1 moneymaking character. Plus, how many solo movies would people want to see with an aged Batman?

This goes into my longstanding theory that JLA will be more like "Batman & the Outsiders" or the "Young Justice" cartoon. Rather then a 'round table' or 'Superman leads' feel, the team will be Batman's to lead as the elder statesman.

All things (except holding off on new Batman solo films) I highly disagree with.

M
  • Options
    Matt said:

Planeis said:

Matt said:

batlaw said:

M

The movie has been titled "Batman v. Superman" so far. Even if its altered, it's not titled Man of Steel 2.

RDJ was still in a movie called "Iron Man 2", of which he is cast as. Plus, are ScarJo, Sam Jackson, or Thor's Hammer bigger name actors then RDJ?

RDJ's star was falling prior to Iron Man, but he was a hell of a lot more known by age 30 as an actor then Cavill. I'd argue MoS did well but not Avengers/TDK well. If Batman (especially if he's a globally known actor) is in the movie the thought could be that'll put it into the $1 billion range.

I would like to see other properties get made into movies quicker, but DON'T think the accelerator should be on the floor. Build toward the JLA without sacrificing the quality of movies to get there. You could easily argue IM2 was mostly a prequel for the Avengers & the weakest of Phase One. That's an example of flooring the accelerator.

M

Side note, the best course of action for GL is to NOT make a 2. Introduce a revised, recasted version in JLA and move forward from there. It worked for the Hulk.
    I don't think its been titled anything. Batman vs. Superman is what the fans have been calling it, and what the media has been using because of the previous movie that was in development with that name.

Everything We Know about B vs S

"We don't even technically know that the sequel will be titled Batman vs. Superman"
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Matt said:

Planeis said:

Matt said:

batlaw said:

M

M

I don't think its been titled anything. Batman vs. Superman is what the fans have been calling it, and what the media has been using because of the previous movie that was in development with that name.

Everything We Know about B vs S

"We don't even technically know that the sequel will be titled Batman vs. Superman"
    Okay, we'll see. I do want to ask, are you expecting Batman to merely fight Superman & be done in the movie or stick around for the main fight against the movie's villain in act 3? If you're expecting Batman to fight along side the movie's villain in act 3, then you just proved my point: MoS 2 isn't a Superman movie.

Remember when Stone, Curry, & Allen appeared individually on Smallville? I don't recall too many people talking about the titular character, rather then the OTHER character featured.

I felt the exact same way when people wanted Green Arrow in "Dark Knight Hunted" before it was revealed TDKR was going to be something different.

M
  • Options
    I don't have any expectations. We don't know a whole lot. If I had to write down a prediction I'd say we get a few visits from the exposition fairies about Bruce Wayne and that Wayne/Batman confronts Superman in the first 1/3 of the movie before they resolve whatever difference they have.

As for Batman being involved in the end, I think he'll likely be in a decidedly back seat role. In much the same way SHIELD and ScarJo were involved in the end of Iron Man 2. Like I said, a lot of people don't like Iron Man 2 because of all the Avengers elements crammed into it. As an individual movie I think it did hurt it, but taken in context with the entire Marvel Series I think it works very well. I don't know how else they could have done what they did without putting those elements into Iron Man 2.

Now people are saying almost the opposite about IM3. I've seen many dozens of posts on other boards about "where's the Avengers, where's Thor, where's Hulk, where's SHIELD." Its a balance. They are trying to create a shared movie universe, much like their shared comic universe. Do Superman comics get hurt when Wonder Woman or Green Lantern make appearences?
  • Options
    Planeis said:

I don't have any expectations. We don't know a whole lot. If I had to write down a prediction I'd say we get a few visits from the exposition fairies about Bruce Wayne and that Wayne/Batman confronts Superman in the first 1/3 of the movie before they resolve whatever difference they have.

As for Batman being involved in the end, I think he'll likely be in a decidedly back seat role. In much the same way SHIELD and ScarJo were involved in the end of Iron Man 2. Like I said, a lot of people don't like Iron Man 2 because of all the Avengers elements crammed into it. As an individual movie I think it did hurt it, but taken in context with the entire Marvel Series I think it works very well. I don't know how else they could have done what they did without putting those elements into Iron Man 2.

Now people are saying almost the opposite about IM3. I've seen many dozens of posts on other boards about "where's the Avengers, where's Thor, where's Hulk, where's SHIELD." Its a balance. They are trying to create a shared movie universe, much like their shared comic universe. Do Superman comics get hurt when Wonder Woman or Green Lantern make appearences?

We shall see. I just don't see Batman having a minor role/appearance in the sequel. I see this being more of a World's Finest then MoS 2.

As for the comics, different medium. All things are considered the same in comics. The actor playing Batman (Affleck) is more known then the actor playing Superman (Cavill). If Batman was played by Wes Bentley or even Ryan Goslin, I'd say all things are the same regarding the actors.

M

• Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    It would be great if we could get to the point of it just being DC presents and then each year they put out a new one. One you get some Batman/Superman action, the next it's the Flash helping out Hawkman, then a Justice League endeavor.

This will never happen but it would be better than worrying about who would get top billing in a team up film
  • Options
    Planeis said:

I've been thinking about this more since I watched a dude explain on YouTube why it was "Robin Blake" instead of "Dick Grayson" "Jason Todd" or "Tim Drake." Once one of the establish Robin names were given, there'd be expectations for the character, such as when he'd don a costume & help Batman fight Bane.

The same with adding Batman to a Man of Steel sequel. There'll be several expectations, including him fighting with Superman against the villain of the movie. Its like when Harry helped Peter in the final act of Spider-Man 3.

M
  • Options
    Krescan said:

It would be great if we could get to the point of it just being DC presents and then each year they put out a new one. One you get some Batman/Superman action, the next it's the Flash helping out Hawkman, then a Justice League endeavor.

This will never happen but it would be better than worrying about who would get top billing in a team up film

Actually, I'd prefer the crossovers be limited to any movies with such titles as JLA or The Brave & The Bold, etc. Just like with the Marvel movies, each primary character should be given his/her own trilogy to flesh out the movie version.

I'm convinced the Superman we saw at the end of MoS is the more jovial one some people on the forums was looking for (thanks to Kent finding his role in the world.) Why not give Cavill a chance to develop the character further without getting overshadowed by a bigger name actor & more popular character?

M
  • Options
    Possible Movie Titles

As usual with a movie so far away, this should be taken with the largest grains of salt
  • Options
    Planeis said:

Possible Movie Titles

As usual with a movie so far away, this should be taken with the largest grains of salt

It IS interesting how half the titles can be more directly associated with Batman then the other half. I mean it's not "Batman v. Superman,' BUT it does seem as though the idea to have the Dark Knight character appear more prominently then a supporting character is being highly considered. I feel like I have read this concern somewhere before. :-\"

M
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Matt said:

Why not give Cavill a chance to develop the character further without getting overshadowed by a bigger name actor & more popular character?

Because it's not about character or story.

It's all about money.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    SHOW ME THE MONEY!