Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

OK. Now this is the stuff of nightmares!

WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
50' Boa Constrictors!

I'd rather run into Fin Fang Foom!

Comments

• Options
    Even scarier...

Parisians standing in line at Subway!
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    That's crazy insane.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited April 2012
    WetRats we have all heard of super pythons/anacondas that are allegedly over 100 ft long (I'm not sure they are that big). I believe there are south american pythons over 50ft swimming around right now.
    Which is ridiculous I know, but I've seen massive reptiles in South Georgia (the state record alligator was killed near my parents home on Lake Seminole, however I have seen larger dead alligators than that). It isn't inconceivable to me to believe massive pythons still wonder around south america.
    I wouldn't be suprised if we 25-30ft pythons in the everglades within the next decade.
  • Options
    WetRats we have all heard of super pythons/anacondas that are allegedly over 100 ft long (I'm not sure they are that big). I believe there are south american pythons over 50ft swimming around right now.
    I hadn't heard of 'em that big before.

The picture of it swallowing a gator whole freaked me out.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    The longest verified has been 32ft, there was one in Indonesia that was 49 ft (in 2004), but there are a few questions about that. There have been very nonreliable reports of pythons over 100 feet in south america and burma. I can't believe those; the evidence for a snake that big just isn't there. However I think the possiblity of a 50 ft snake is real enough for me to believe in. A 50 footer could eat me (6'2 240 and dropping) fairly easily.
  • Options
    Where's Neville Longbottom when you need him?
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Dude there are like 3 "monsters" I love and want to exist in this world (though I'm pretty sure they do not)
    Sasquatch - this is sadly not real no matter how much cooler the world would be with him in it
    Brontosaurs in the Congo - this one I've wanted to be real since I first read about it in a "hoax/paranormal animal" books when I was like 9/10. I really want there to be dinosaurs in the Congo. Also not true, but I have my fingers crossed.
    Finally I want there to be Super Pythons - (that article contains a fake 100 ft python) because a 50-100 foot snake would be the scariest animal on earth.
  • Options
    @mwhitt, I'd settle for Nessie.
  • Options
    Nessie isn't a brontosaurus. A living dinosaur would be like every childhood dream come true.
  • Options
    Nessie isn't a brontosaurus. A living dinosaur would be like every childhood dream come true.
    True. Ever see/read The Enormous Egg?

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Indiana Jones just had a heart attack.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    Where's Jennifer Lopez and Ice Cube when you need them?
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    There was an episode of X-Files where this town of lapsed satanists are visited by ... something to get them back on the dark path. There's a scene where one of the satanists is handcuffed to a stair rail in a basement. A giant constrictor comes down the stairs, squeezes the life out of and then devours the man.
    Creeps me out just remembering the scene.