Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Movie to Comic Book Adaptations

13»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited August 2013

mwhitt80 said:

Robot 6 has been trolling our forums for saturdays 6x6 column

Wow! I never knew Steranko did an Outland adaptation. Unbelievable that it has never been collected in one volume. Heavy Metal must have screwed up the rights or something... I read there may be a French version out there...

I had this as a kid, and it was incredible... wish I had it now... scans can be found online...

forcesofgeek.com/2013/06/read-jim-sterankos-outland-adaptation.html
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Tonebone said:

I had this as a kid, and it was incredible... wish I had it now... scans can be found online...

forcesofgeek.com/2013/06/read-jim-sterankos-outland-adaptation.html

THAT.WAS.AWESOME.

Thanks for the link. That was better than the movie in many ways, and I was one of the few that enjoyed the original film. Thanks @Tonebone
  • Anytime... I think we maybe should start a thread of cool comics scans you can find and read online.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Tonebone said:

Tonebone said:

Here's an adaptation for a movie that was never released nationwide, as planned.

It was basically a fumetti book, made up of stills from the animated movie, with word balloons pasted over. Very slick presentation, though.

Wasn't it released? I recall seeing this at the theater. (I was also pretty disappointed by it; I'd liked Nelvana's earlier TV specials, like The Devil And Daniel Mouse, but I didn't see the same spark in R&R.)

I knew one of the animators, who later went on to do a lot of work at WB; we were in the same APA together and, at one point, he was working on a proposal for the indy I was working for. Unfortunately, it didn't come together. Sadly, he just passed away last week from cancer.
    It was never released on a nationwide release, as was planned. It only was released to a few theaters. According to Box Office Mojo, it only grossed $30,000 to date. Wikipedia says the studio became skittish about releasing it, because of sexuality, drug use, and devil-worship. They released it to the contractually minimum number of theaters.
    I saw it on tv as a teenager and loved it.

• bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Tonebone said:

Anytime... I think we maybe should start a thread of cool comics scans you can find and read online.

Agree 100%. I may not be able to offer much, but I will definitely troll such a thread for new material to read :)