Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

My Green Lantern Bind

MiraclemetMiraclemet Posts: 258
edited April 2012 in Comic Book Binding
So for the last 5 years I've been working up a complete Hal Jordan bind starting from the end of the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams run (cause who would bind those!) and running up thru the present.

During that time Hal has quit the GLC multiple times, because a galaxy wide killer, lost his own book title (multiple times), saved the Universe, restarted the Sun, and become the Spirit of Vengence all before being reborn and reigniting the Green lantern family of titles...

So here's my current map to cover all of that:

Book 1 Green Lantern
After the O'Neil/Adams run GL was relegate to appearing in 10 page backups in Flash(217-243,exclude 229, 236, 239)
After a few years Mike Grell was signed to pencil Green Lantern back in his own title. This book will pick that up as well (90-100)

Book 2 Green Lantern
Issues 101-122 O'Neil/Sauvick and others. I will be pulling the backups out of these books. I will bind the Tales of the GLC separately, though I dont know what I'll do with the Adam Strange. I may just leave them in...

Book 3 Green Lantern
Issues 123-150 Continue to pull the Tales of the GLC backups

Book 4 Green Lantern
Issues 151-175

Book 5 Green Lantern
Issues 176-200, at which point Hal has quit, John Stewart is the GL and the GLC come front and center

Book 6 Tales of the Green Lantern Corps
TotGLC backups,TotGLC 1-3, GL Annual 5

Book 7 Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern 201-224, also TotGLC Annual 1-3. At this point most of the GLC are depowered/disbanded and Hal is back to being GL, but moves into Action Comics Weekly

Book 8 Green Lantern in Action Comics
Action Comics 601 thru 635 & Special 2 Hal has 10-12 page stories each week, is on the cover about 1/4 of the issues.

Book 9 Emerald Dawn 1 & 2 & Green Lantern (v3)
Green Lantern v3 1-17 and 12 Emerald Dawn issues. Back to a monthly title

Book 10 Green Lantern (v3)
GL Issues 18 thru 45 leading up to the Paralax problem

Book 11 Green Lantern Corps Quarterly & Other
GLCQ 1 thru 8 are 68 page issues. Needed to reestablish the GLC before Hal destroys it...

Book 12 Green Lantern/Paralax Saga
GL 46-51, 55, 0, 62-64, 80-1, 99-106, 136 also GG Emerald W 18-22, Zero Hr (1-4), Paralax: Emerald Night
This covers Hal descent into Paralax, his return as Paralax at various points in these years and his eventual "demise"

Book 13 Hal Jordan: Spectre
Freed from Paralax Hal becomes the new Spirit of Vengence
Spectre 1 thru 10 GL 118-119, Day of Judgement 1-5 and Secret Files

Book 14 Hal Jordan: Spectre
Issues 11 thru 27 And here's the big gap. Last Spectre is May 2003, First Rebirth issue is December 2004.
Not much going on for Hal between those two points...

Book 15 Green Lantern Rebirth
The new run starting with the mini 1-6 and the v4 1-20

Book 16 Green Lantern Corps Recharge
GLC 1 thru 5 & 1 thru 13. Restarting along with Hal's return.

Book 17 Sinestro Corps War
GL #20-5, GLC #14-18, SC Special, Tales of Sinestro Corps 1-5 and Blue Beetle 20

Book 18 Sinestro Corps Aftermath
Alpha Lanterns (26-8), Secret origins (29-35), Rage of the Red Lantern (36-38), Final Crisis: Rage of the Red Lantern, GLC: Alpha Lanterns (19-22), GLC: Sinestro Corps (23-26)

Book 19 Prelude to Blackest Night
GL 39 thru 43, GLC 28-38

Book 20 Blackest Night
Green lantern 44-52, GLC 39-46, Blackest Night 1-8, Adventure Comics #4, Tales OTC 1-3, untold Tales of the Blackest night 1

Book 21 Brightest Day
Green Lantern 53-62, GLC 47-57, Emerald Warrior 1-6

Book 22 War of the Lanterns
Green Lantern 63-67, GLC 58-63, EW 7-13, War of the GL Aftermath 1-2

Which gets us up to the New 52

There are a smattering of other notable minis that will find a place:
Green Lantern: The New Corps (with Kyle getting some new corps members after they've been destroyed.
Green Lantern/Superman: Legend of the Green Flame, which will go somewhere in the Spectre run I think
Some Green Lantern centric issues of JLA, Some Brave & the Bold issues with Batman, Some Legends of the DC Universe stories. Flash/Green Lantern: Brave and the Bold (1-6), DC 1st Green Lantern/Green Lantern.

Most of these will just fit in where they fit in as close to release/continuity as possible.

So that's 22 book binds that cover the Bronze, Copper and Modern ages of Green Lantern (Hal Jordan flavored)

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I'm not a GL guy, but here are 2 things I noticed missing
    Mosiac
    and
    Cosmic Odessy - the reason I add this is because it covers John Stewart destroying a planet.
  • Options
    I'm not a John Stewart guy (and even less of a Guy Gardner one, and even less of a Kyle Raynor one..) So I passed on Mosiac... plus if I do want to bind it down the road its an easy enough stand alone 18 issue bind...

I have enjoyed Stewart since the Johns reboot, and really like him in GLC in the DCnU relaunch, but for some reason the older stuff of his didnt have a voice that worked for me...

I do like the Cosmic Oddesy book (mignola art mmmmmm) but I'll let it stand alone
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    that's cool.
    John Stewart 98% LAME
    Guy Gardner however is 100% high octane awesome.
  • Options
    I liked Gardner in JLI... just not as the central character in Green Lantern... I also like him in GLC these days...
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited April 2012
    John Stewart has always been my Green Lantern.

Partly because one of the very first GL stories I read featured him.

And partly because of his name. ;)

It still throws me that he got morphed from an architect to an ex-Marine, though.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    that's cool.
    John Stewart 98% LAME
    Guy Gardner however is 100% high octane awesome.
    How could you be so right yet so wrong...

John Stewart 20% LAME
    Guy Gardner however is 100% high octane awesome

So for the last 5 years I've been working up a complete Hal Jordan bind starting from the end of the Denny O'Neil/Neal Adams run (cause who would bind those!) and running up thru the present.
    I think I took your mapping for Green Lantern Volume 3 and added Mosaic. As for Volume 2 my notebook's in the car. I'll post what I got planned later, it's from #172 onwards.

I decided to add some of the New DCU with War of the Green Lanterns since it was a direct continuation.

Vol 8: War of the Green Lanterns

Green Lantern 63-64
    Green Lantern Corps 58
    Green Lantern Emerald Warriors 8
    Green Lantern 65
    Green Lantern Corps 59
    Green Lantern Emerald Warriors 9
    Green Lantern 66
    Green Lantern Corps 60
    Green Lantern Emerald Warriors 10
    Green Lantern 67
    War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath 1
    War of the Green Lanterns Aftermath 2
    Green Lantern Corps 62
    Green Lantern Emerald Warriors 12
    Green Lantern Emerald Warriors 11
    Green Lantern Corps 61- placed this here to give Guy some time on his R&R before coming back to his story
    Green Lantern Emerald Warriors 13
    Green Lantern Corps 63
    FLASHPOINT (You can go read Flashpoint here or just continue on)
    Abin Sur The Green Lantern 1
    Abin Sur The Green Lantern 2
    Abin Sur The Green Lantern 4
    Green Lantern 1
    Green Lantern 2
    Green Lantern 3
    Green Lantern New Guardians 1
    Green Lantern New Guardians 2
    Green Lantern New Guardians 3
    Green Lantern New Guardians 4
    Green Lantern 4
    Green Lantern 5
    Red Lanterns 1
    Red Lanterns 2
    Green Lantern New Guardians 5
    Red Lanterns 3
  • Options
    Just realized that I forgot to include Ion in the Rebirth era collection... back to the drawing boards!
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Just realized that I forgot to include Ion in the Rebirth era collection... back to the drawing boards!
    In all honesty it wasn't that great. Only the hardcore Kyle fans will be into it.
    Here's how I broke it down...

Vol 1: Lanterns Recharged

Green Lantern 1-6
    Green Lantern Corps: Recharged 1-5
    Green Lantern 7-9
    Green Lantern Corps 1-6
    Ion 1-3

Vol 2: Darker Green

Ion 4-8
    Green Lantern Corps 7-9
    Ion 9
    Green Lantern 10-17
    Ion 10-12
    Green Lantern Corps 10-13
    Green Lantern 18-20

Something else to consider would be the Infinite Crisis: Rann Thanagar One Shot where Jade died but it would be hard to put that in without the whole Infinite Crisis.