Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Avengers Vs. X-Men #1 (spoilers)

2»

Comments

• Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    Does anyone know if all of that digital content will be in the trade? Because if so, that thing is going to be HUGE, and if it's all still going to be on-line, that would be a very annoying way to read a trade.

It's not like I want to drag my laptop out onto the deck when I read it with a frosty beverage.
  • Options
    batlawbatlaw Posts: 879
    Read 1 and 2. Think the story so far is ok to good but not great. Some of the writing got silly/annoying. Didn't care for the art so much. The AD logo bugged the heck out of me too. I liked it enough to get the next issue but not enough to care if for ame reason I Dont.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    I think #2 highlighted how bad this is personally, the AVX Vs. book was a joke it basically has a disclaimer saying it is and then keeps reminding you that it is a "fight book" with zero consequences from the outcomes. I read both in the store because I won't be spending a dime on this but I felt cheated for just my time. It just seems pointless and not well thought out in any sort of overall/big picture way.
  • Options
    HexHex Posts: 944
    edited April 2012
    Does anyone know if all of that digital content will be in the trade? Because if so, that thing is going to be HUGE, and if it's all still going to be on-line, that would be a very annoying way to read a trade.

It's not like I want to drag my laptop out onto the deck when I read it with a frosty beverage.
    @SolitaireRose I spoke with Stuart Immonen at the Vancouver Fan Expo this past weekend and asked him about the "Infinite" download featuring Nova that he worked on. It was his impression that it would never be printed and he didn't think that it would work very well if it was. He said it was approached from the perspective of being a different thing than a printed book.
  • Options
    JimKellyJimKelly Posts: 20
    I just can't get past JRJR's art.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    Having skimmed a bunch of the issues that tie into this event, so far it seems like a pretty one-sided fight with the Avengers having the upper hand with the X-Men almost seeming like the villains between the two sides which personally kind of sucks. I like the X-Men.
  • Options
    ZhurrieZhurrie Posts: 617
    X-Men rights are owned by Fox I believe... Marvel owns the rights to Avengers and I hear there might be a movie even ;) I said it from way before this all came out it would go this way and Id be royally surprised if it comes out any other way or if there is some lame twist or crossing over which mitigates any overall "win" or "loss". I just can't imagine spending the amount of money to read all of these books to get this "story." I'm happy for the fans that do enjoy it but it just could not have less appeal for me.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I like the fighting. I have to say I do. I just don't know what it is but I just don't care that much about Marvel. I wished I did. I used to. I just don't anymore and I really kind of don't know why. I guess it's being away from those books for so long.