Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1415 Talkback - Off the RacksInfinity #1,Itty Bitty Hellboy #1,Trillium #1,Forever Evil #1

2»

Comments

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    Hi guys. I was hoping someone could fill me in on what was up with the Avengers and New Avengers since Marvel Now started. Other then not liking Hickman, I think that is the problem I most have with this book, some of the stuff is going over my head and I was hoping I could have some help being filled in. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    @Corwin: nice summary. One thing though: it's Nightmask, not Nighthawk.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    LOL oops, I started out with Mask then changed to Hawk...
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    @Corwin Great job! I saw his question last night at work and I was going to try and tackle a summery today. You saved me some work, thanks! ;)

• Options
    Corwin said:

*Latveria and Atlantis go to war over Namor's invasion which killed hundreds of Wakandans.

This happened during AvX.
    Mr_Cosmic said:

@Corwin Great job! I saw his question last night at work and I was going to try and tackle a summery today. You saved me some work, thanks! ;)

Thanks!
  • Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    edited September 2013
    That was amazing, thanks @Corwin. You are the man! That was a great summary. I am happy I didn't read the books at all because, that does not sound like something I'd be interested. Screw you Hickman. But again, amazing summary Corwin, at least I can understand some of Infinity now, thanks.
  • Options
    I think we got our answer to what an Abyss does this week in Avengers #20.
    And I'm loving this title...I just finished Avengers Forever and I swear Hickman may have taken some ideas from it.
  • Options
    I starting out LIKING it, but now I'm LOVING Infinity and the Avengers/New Avengers tie-ins. This is really great stuff and it's nice to see everything fitting together. Every forthcoming issue/tie-in just keeps getting better and better.

I don't know to what extent the Geeks are going to cover the rest of the series, but I'd definitely appreciate any more episodes in which the event is discussed.

And, Corwin, that recap was amazing. Murdonian, even.
    Kross said:

I feel this is important because I never believed that Cap would be part of what is basically a Shadow World govt. it was also important because the Beast joined and after all his speeches to Cyclops it made the Beast either the biggest hypocrit or the writer just decided to ignore what happened in X-Men.

I see what you're saying and I agree, but I still think it works for Beast's character to be somewhat hypocritical in this way. Cyclops was going behind the X-Men's back to support a team of hands-on killers. Beasts is going behind everyone's back to abort alternate Earths... but he's doing it in a very abstract and scientific way. I can definitely see Hank McCoy objecting to the pragmatic bloodiness of X-Force far more than he'd object to SCIENCE! doing its thing for the betterment of our society (even if it's at the expense of an abstract other world whose inhabitants Hank never has to see, and who, admittedly, would probably die anyway in the next Incursion).

• Options
    Corwin said:

Eric_C said:

Hi guys. I was hoping someone could fill me in on what was up with the Avengers and New Avengers since Marvel Now started. Other then not liking Hickman, I think that is the problem I most have with this book, some of the stuff is going over my head and I was hoping I could have some help being filled in. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Woof that's a lot. Let me see what I can do:

Great summary, but it highlights my biggest problem to date with Hickman's Avenger's run and Infinity. It's a roughly 30 issue prologue involving the impotent Avengers. I'm probably biased by my overall love of the X-Men like Jamie D. is by his overall love of the Avengers, but here be the cash-grab maties!! And I generally like Hickman as a writer, but I feel like he's Kubick making a Lucasfilm. I appreciate 2001: A Space Odyssey, but I don't want the same approach taken to Star Wars. While his 'big ideas' suited the world of the FF, I feel like their ill-suited for the Avengers, especially when the team has never had more heavy-hitters and gets his rear handed to it more than any other line-up. It's like when

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

SPOILERS

Cap tells the war council they don't know how to win this fight because they don't know how to not be the superior force. My initial reaction was how bad-ass that was coming from the Sentinel of Liberty, the representative voice of the scrappiest nation on Earth. Then my cynical gland kicked in and I thought, '...though if there was a team to know about getting beaten, it would be this one...'
  • Options
    Cap has a plan...and it's not just surrendering....