Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Ollie Vs. Clint

Top Shot: Given the classic versions of these two archers who wins? lets say Longbow hunter GA and West Coast Avengers Hawkeye.

Ollie Vs. Clint 33 votes

Green Arrow
36%
David_DCageNarleighWetRatsHexdavefaustkgforceEarthGBillygrannygeeknessbatlawRickMJamieDChuck_Melville 12 votes
Hawkeye
42%
Eric_CWebheadspidGregLibraryBoydubbat138Whistling_Peteshroud68Thor_ElDennisCuzinskiMaxDillonbralinatorAdamChapmanScioptic 14 votes
Write in an alternate Archer
21%
TorchsongJohn_SteedfredzillaKrescanMattMr_Cosmicrandom73 7 votes

Comments

• Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Arsenal. probably not accurate but Roy Harper is my boy!
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I was going to be all smart-assy with this, but the more and more I thought about it I figured I had to go with my gut.

Robin Hood. Disney's fox version. The animated film was swashbuckling goodness and I ate it up. I could probably quote most of it for you. Besides, Maid Marion was a fox! ;;)
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    fredzilla said:

I was going to be all smart-assy with this, but the more and more I thought about it I figured I had to go with my gut.

Robin Hood. Disney's fox version. The animated film was swashbuckling goodness and I ate it up. I could probably quote most of it for you. Besides, Maid Marion was a fox! ;;)

Robin Hood and Little John walking through the forest, laughing back and forth about what the other-un had to say, reminiscing this and that and having such a good time ooly lolly, ooly lolly, golly what a day.

Fantastic choice!
  • Options
    John_SteedJohn_Steed Posts: 2,087
    Legolas. Easy win. Cheered on by Gimli.
  • Options
    Green Arrow
    I'm going with Green Arrow in practically any incarnation (though I prefer the loud-mouthed liberal with the trick arrows), but I would go with Robin Hood as a close second.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

Legolas. Easy win. Cheered on by Gimli.

Still a good choice but, and I know this is geek blasphemy, I've never likes Tolkein. *shrugs*
  • Options

I'm going with Green Arrow in practically any incarnation (though I prefer the loud-mouthed liberal with the trick arrows), but I would go with Robin Hood as a close second.

I like that Ollie, too.

• Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    I was thinking Robin Hood but didn't know if we needed a comic character (I'm sure he's in a comic somewhere anyway) and then saw that he was getting some write ins. From The fox, to Costner to the man in tights, to that black and white one from years ago.

But if I was going with the two it would have been Hawkguy
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    edited October 2013
    Green Arrow
    Given the stated parameters, Ollie by a mile.*

In their current iterations, Clint by about twenty miles.

*Though I consider the Hard-Traveling Heroes-era Ollie as the true classic
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    WetRats said:

Given the stated parameters, Ollie by a mile.*

In their current iterations, Clint by about twenty miles.

*Though I consider the Hard-Traveling Heroes-era Ollie as the true classic

Fair enough. I don't think you're
    wrong. I just happen to have gotten a copy of longbow hunters the other day so I went with it.

I'm loving all the answers we're getting. There is just something about the archers isn't there? We love em, or at least I do.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Arrowette's cuter than Ollie or Clint. :)
  • Options
    Well, that clearly subjective. Some people find bald spots endearing...
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    Hawkeye
    I like them both, it's alway been a close call for me, I have to go with pre-New 52 Ollie, and I may be allowing JLU to sway my decision.

My wife says Legalos, my dad is saying Robin Hood (Errol Flynn) and my son is saying Robin Hood (Cary Elwes)
  • Options
    I don't think you get that many votes....
  • Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    edited October 2013
    Hawkeye
    Even though I gave my vote to Hawkeye I wanted to give a shout out to my other favorite archer Yondu and those incredible yaka arrows.

photo yondu-500x678_zps8a7c1eda.jpg
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2013

EDIT: Webhead beat me to it.

:)
  • Options
    Mr_Cosmic said:

who's that? and don't call me a noob for asking... [-X
  • Options

Mr_Cosmic said:

who's that? and don't call me a noob for asking... [-X
    That would be Yondu from the original Guardians of the Galaxy.

He's going to be in the movie too.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    @Mr_Cosmic - thanks for educating me. Have now to google who and what this Yondu is. The space-elf look is quite intriguing.

edit: and I'm currently ordering all the books related or leading up to the Guardians of the Galaxy. So far I've read the Thanos, Annihilation and Drax books. I really do dig Marvel Cosmic.
  • Options
    Michael Rooker in the new movie, right? Did I see that somewhere? Much shorter mohawk i think.
  • Options
    edited October 2013

edit: and I'm currently ordering all the books related or leading up to the Guardians of the Galaxy. So far I've read the Thanos, Annihilation and Drax books. I really do dig Marvel Cosmic.

Awesome! Welcome to the club. ;)
    random73 said:

Michael Rooker in the new movie, right? Did I see that somewhere? Much shorter mohawk i think.

Yes, but I'm not positive about the Mohawk because we don't know what they'll add digitally.
  • Options
    LibraryBoyLibraryBoy Posts: 1,803
    Hawkeye
    Hawkeye. Just about the only time I've ever liked Ollie was on Justice League Unlimited. He was still a self-important loud mouth, but at least he seemed to have more of a sense of humor about it. Clint's just as cocky, but he's a lot more fun.
  • Options
    Green Arrow
    Webhead said:

Even though I gave my vote to Hawkeye I wanted to give a shout out to my other favorite archer Yondu and those incredible yaka arrows.

Dave Cockrum-designed character?
  • Options
    random73 said:

Yes, but I'm not positive about the Mohawk because we don't know what they'll add digitally.

oh yeah. that could be cool.
  • Options
    Green Arrow
    Krescan said:

I was thinking Robin Hood but didn't know if we needed a comic character (I'm sure he's in a comic somewhere anyway) and then saw that he was getting some write ins. From The fox, to Costner to the man in tights, to that black and white one from years ago.

What about the glorious Technicolor version with Errol Flynn?
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,745
    WetRats said:

Webhead said:

Gene Colan drew the original look of Yondu for Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (Jan. 1969). He had the mohawk, but the color scheme was completely different. The character was redesigned for the Guardians’ second appearance in Marvel Two-in-One #5 (Sept. 1974), with the outfit and slightly modified mohawk shown here, and according to the letters’ page of the following issue, the new Yondu outfit (as well as the new Vince Astro costume) were in fact designed by Dave Cockrum, who had just moved over from DC, even though Sal Buscema actually drew the issue.
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794

The original badass archer!
  • Options
    Green Arrow

WetRats said:

Webhead said:

Gene Colan drew the original look of Yondu for Marvel Super-Heroes #18 (Jan. 1969). He had the mohawk, but the color scheme was completely different. The character was redesigned for the Guardians’ second appearance in Marvel Two-in-One #5 (Sept. 1974), with the outfit and slightly modified mohawk shown here, and according to the letters’ page of the following issue, the new Yondu outfit (as well as the new Vince Astro costume) were in fact designed by Dave Cockrum, who had just moved over from DC, even though Sal Buscema actually drew the issue.
    All right!

Yay me!
  • Options
    Green Arrow
    Torchsong said:

The original badass archer!

Ahem.

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

:-??