Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Former legacy Heros

Connor Hawke, Kyle Rayner, Wally West, Roy Harper. A couple of these guys exist in the new 52 but I miss their previous iterations. Add a Robin in there, call it the Outsiders and I'd be a happy boy.

What titles or team ups or characters would you pitch?

Comments

• Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited October 2013
    The Defending Avengers
    The Invading Avengers
    The Champion Avengers
    The Eternal Avengers
    The Inhuman Avengers
    Avengers for Hire
    Nick Fury's Howling Avengers

...hey, I want them to sell! ;)
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    Mr_Cosmic said:

The Defending Avengers
    The Invading Avengers
    The Champion Avengers
    The Eternal Avengers
    The Inhuman Avengers
    Avengers for Hire

Lol. Okay. What's the line up for each of those? And can I add an Avengers by Night? Jack Russell, Brother Voodoo, Topaz, Johnny Blaze and Doctor Strange setting off the rescue some POW Creature Commandos?
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    edited October 2013
    Mr_Cosmic said:

The Defending Avengers
    The Invading Avengers
    The Champion Avengers
    The Eternal Avengers
    The Inhuman Avengers
    Avengers for Hire

The response from DC:

The Invading Batman
    Batman - The Dark Champion
    The Eternal Batman
    The Inhuman Batman
    Batman for hire
    Batman's howling incorporated team.

The Batman for hire book might work in a goofy sort of way. Bruce Wayne loses all his money and has to freelance Batman out to whoever can pay him.
    edited October 2013
    A Golden Age imprint line. Different titles using the original characters set in the late 30s/early 40s. No new52 connection at all. Free of any previous continuity. You start out with Golden Age Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and JSA titles.

Mr_Cosmic said:

The Defending Avengers
    The Invading Avengers
    The Champion Avengers
    The Eternal Avengers
    The Inhuman Avengers
    Avengers for Hire

The response from DC:

The Invading Batman
    Batman - The Dark Champion
    The Eternal Batman
    The Inhuman Batman
    Batman for hire
    Batman's howling incorporated team.

The Batman for hire book might work in a goofy sort of way. Bruce Wayne loses all his money and has to freelance Batman out to whoever can pay him.
    that actually sounds kind of great.
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    I would read the shit out of Batman For Hire.
    David_D said:

I would read the shit out of Batman For Hire.

I know, right!
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I give DC props for at least trying to resurrect Amethyst. I would love to see the return of Arion, Arak, the Omega Men, Atari Force (licensing issues there, I'm sure)...

As to Batman for Hire, was there ever a period where Bruce lost all his wealth? How much harder would it be to be Batman when you no longer have the disposable income and have to retrieve all your batarangs? :)
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,635
    Torchsong said:

As to Batman for Hire, was there ever a period where Bruce lost all his wealth? How much harder would it be to be Batman when you no longer have the disposable income and have to retrieve all your batarangs? :)

I doubt he has a title on the batmobile; so pushing it to a title cash isn't an option (jet fuel is too expensive for him to drive). Local Pawn shops are probably filled with batman crap (imagine how much batjunk gets found and pawned by gotham junkies).

Now it's time for DC to break the forums, erase the evidence and steal CapS idea.
  • Torchsong said:

I give DC props for at least trying to resurrect Amethyst. I would love to see the return of Arion, Arak, the Omega Men, Atari Force (licensing issues there, I'm sure)...

Most definitely there are licensing issues. Gerry Conway spoke of Atari Force briefly at ECCC this past year, noting it as having been one of his favorite projects, and he said it was unlikely to ever get reprinted as nobody seemed to know who owned the actual rights to it anymore; a new license, therefore, was out of the question.

I don't know that I'd want to see any more 'resurrections' from DC, given how badly they've been done thus far. I was also glad to see Amethyst return until I actually read the first few issues; a badly done version is not an improvement over no version at all. Best to leave us with our memories of the series' glory days.
  • GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    In regards to Atari Force, exactly what rights ownership would be in question? It should not be that hard to figure out. It's either Activision who owns Atari now or possibly Warner who owned Atari at the time. It can't be as hard to determine compared to some of the other rights issues we've seen.
  • Greg said:

In regards to Atari Force, exactly what rights ownership would be in question? It should not be that hard to figure out. It's either Activision who owns Atari now or possibly Warner who owned Atari at the time. It can't be as hard to determine compared to some of the other rights issues we've seen.

I don't remember if Conway elaborated further, but my impression from what he was saying was that it was a mess and not as simple to unravel as it appeared. It could also be a money issue, where the current owner, if any, wants more than DC feels feasible. If anyone else has any further info, it'd be appreciated. (I've been looking, but not finding anything helpful thus far.)
    mwhitt80 said:

Torchsong said:

Now it's time for DC to break the forums, erase the evidence and steal CapS idea.
    I have Marc Toberoff on retainer just in case DC tries anything.