Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

OMNIBUS (Or Collected Edition) Wish List

Does anyone know if there are plans for something like this? I would love to own this so I could re-read the series without going through floppies or a b&w essential. Any plans for a Masterwork?

What other Omni or MM would you like to see?

Comments

• No plans yet that I have heard of, and I think I'd have to see the sales for the Essential before I'd know if they make an Omnibus. The Tomb of Dracula and Howard the Duck omnibuses were created because the Essentials had sold so well.

I will say that before Don McGregor took over the book it was a mess.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited December 2013

I will say that before Don McGregor took over the book it was a mess.

I agree, it was a mess as soon as Neal Adams stopped drawing it midway through the first issue, and eventually became a mess again later on, during McGregor's run. However, I was just reading the Alan Davis 6 issue mini-collected and have really been enjoying it. Some of those (WotW) Killraven issues were amazing, but the paper on my floppies has gotten so old and yellowed by now, it'd be nice to see them in a MMasterworks or Omnibus format - just in order to see them reprinted in full color. Sigh.

BTW What other MM or OMNI would you be interested in seeing?
  • I'm very happy that the Atlas Masterworks are continuing, and hope they fishing up the long runs they have started. As for Omnibuses...I'd LOVE one of the 50's hero stuff and a Simon and Kirby Captain America from the 40's would be high on my list.

Modern stuff? They have pretty much collected everything I'd be interested in, but it woudl be nice if they kept the damn things in print.
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    I gave my girls "The Untold Tales of Spider-Man" Omnibus for X-mas. They were pretty happy.

Inhumans Omnibus?
    Nick Fury Omnibus?

I'de like to see a ROM Omnibus.

but honestly, I just want to see the Essentials keep going.
  • fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I don't think I'll ever get close to collecting all of Amazing Spider-Man. I've loved the first two omnibi and if they keep making them of ASM, I'll keep buying.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    Hex said:

I gave my girls "The Untold Tales of Spider-Man" Omnibus for X-mas. They were pretty happy.

Inhumans Omnibus?
    Nick Fury Omnibus?

I might be willing to give a proverbial body part for ROM or Micronauts.
  • random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    hauberk said:

Hex said:

Inhumans Omnibus?
    Nick Fury Omnibus?

I might be willing to give a proverbial body part for ROM or Micronauts.
    I think the only Micronaughts I ever read was a miniseries crossover with the X-Men. Pretty sure I still have it.
  • Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    I'd like them to start making more TPB versions of their MM. I'm looking at you MM Uncanny X-Men volumes 6, 7, and 8!

random73 said:

I think the only Micronaughts I ever read was a miniseries crossover with the X-Men. Pretty sure I still have it.

If you enjoyed that, then you should hunt down the first 12 or 13 issues of the original Marvel series from the late 70's. Michael Golden artwork at the top of his game. so so good.
    edited December 2013
    Micronauts definitely deserves an Omnibus. It ran from 1979 to 1986 over a couple of series, plus the great, aforementioned mini-series with the X-Men which hinted at the darkness inside Xavier that would lead to the creation of Onslaught over a decade later.
    The series introduced the Guardians of the Galaxy's very own Bug! There's a huge hole in Marvel's reprint continuity and it's Micronaut-shaped.

I could also go for a Werewolf By Night and a Master of Kung-Fu OMNI-BI
    edited December 2013
    Hex said:

I'd like to see a ROM Omnibus.

Seriously, Kenner or Parker or Hasbro - whoever owns the license to Rom... the toy didn't sell back then and it won't sell now. So why can't you and Marvel just make friends and give us a series of Romnibus editions that'll make everyone happy and a few sheckles in the process?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktFvrEQKdjw

edited December 2013

The series introduced the Guardians of the Galaxy's very own Bug!

Bug was my favourite character for years... long after the Micronauts was cancelled. I was so thrilled to see him resurface in GotG. Too bad Bendis has abandoned him (and Mantis).
    That bound volume of Micronauts looks pretty sweeeeeeet! I see the edge of issue #1 peaking in from another volume just off the left hand side.

How about a Moon Knight Omnibus to go with that Werewolf by Night Omnibus?
    edited January 2014
    I wish I could claim the bound Micronauts as my own, but alas, no. I could totally go for a Moon Knight omni if they included the WWBN first appearance along with the early appearances in PPSSM and the Marvel Spotlight issues, Marvel Two-in-One #52, Defenders #47–50, and for sure the Hulk! Magazine backups that were reprinted in Moon Knight Special Edition #1–3.

I'd also love an Inhumans Omni with the Amazing Adventures issues from 1970, the volume1 series from 1975 and back-up stories from The Mighty Thor #146-152 (back-up stories), What If? #29-30 (back-up stories), Fantastic Four #45-48, #59-63, 131-132, 150, 158

This is all wishful thinking - I know...

This is all wishful thinking - I know...

Maybe not... The Inhumans are getting a big push from Marvel right now. If it goes over well, the time might be right for an Inhumans Omnibus. They did an Eternals Omnibus a few years ago, I don't see much difference doing the Inhumans.

Fingers crossed!
  • Yes to Micronauts and Rom!!! And Marvel could rack up some good PR by donating some of the proceeds to the care of Bill Mantlo.

Micronauts' may still be a desirable IP, and maybe the licensing is a little costly, but ROM? Come on. It couldn't possibly cost more than a few thousand to license it from the toy creator. It's not even owned by a large corporation. We could take up a donation. Have a bake sale. :)
  • Tonebone said:

Yes to Micronauts and Rom!!! And Marvel could rack up some good PR by donating some of the proceeds to the care of Bill Mantlo.

Micronauts' may still be a desirable IP, and maybe the licensing is a little costly, but ROM? Come on. It couldn't possibly cost more than a few thousand to license it from the toy creator. It's not even owned by a large corporation. We could take up a donation. Have a bake sale. :)

Hasbro isn't a small corporation though...
    edited August 2015
    I just realized that there is no bronze-age or copper age Punisher omnibus or Masterworks! You'd think Garth Ennis or Rick Remender created the Punisher? Which you could argue they very nearly recreated him.

Does anyone think that the classic tales will be collected in color with the second season of Daredevil next year? It'd just be a matter of coloring this...

\Maybe even an Epic collection?

I could also go for a Werewolf By Night and a Master of Kung-Fu OMNI-BI

I did pre-order this through DCBS beauty a couple of months ago for an October delivery:image
    Collects MARVEL SPOTLIGHT (1971) #2-4, WEREWOLF BY NIGHT (1972) #1-43, MARVEL TEAM-UP (1972) #12, TOMB OF DRACULA (1972) #18, GIANT-SIZE CREATURES #1, GIANT-SIZE WEREWOLF #2-5, MARVEL PREMIERE #28 and material from MONSTERS UNLEASHED #6-7 in 1176 pages oversize
  • CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    There was one black & white showcase edition of All Star Squadron. I would love to see that entire series put out in trade/omnibus.

I would also like to see the Jerry Ordway "Power of Shazam" series reprinted.
  • I really want DC to release more Ostrander/Mandrake Martian Manhunter and Spectre. Each has two collections out now but there don't seem to be plans for more...

We also need Mark Waid's Flash.
  • MarcusQMarcusQ Posts: 8
    I too would love to see a Micronauts Omnibus or a Master of Kung Fu one. I've recently been picking up issues of both series and I have really enjoyed them!
  • TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    I believe IDW recently gained rights to Micronauts and hopefully we'll see reprints out of that. I bound my collection but I'd pick this up just because...
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    I'm still hoping for an oversized omnibus version of Maxx. I really wanted a 2 volume set of Absolute Maxx when it was at DC
    Torchsong said:

I believe IDW recently gained rights to Micronauts and hopefully we'll see reprints out of that. I bound my collection but I'd pick this up just because...

I would love to see both ROM and Micronauts get a full collected IDW treatment, but from what I've read, these are going to be new tales.
    Hasbro announced they’ll be reintroducing M.A.S.K., Stretch Armstrong, Action Man and Micronauts which, incidentally, is also getting a brand new comic series at IDW along with ROM: Spaceknight.
    IDW has reprinted Marvel stuff before, but when Marvel let them reprint the Transformers issues that used MarvelU characters, they had to remove the guest-starring heroes. As in issue #3, that reprint essentially had Spider-Man blacked out, and I don't know if they altered Robbie Robertson and Peter Parker as well. With so many of the Marvel characters that showed up in Rom, if IDW had to get rid of them-- including the Spaceknights--you wouldn't have much left. I expect the new ROM material will be based on the Parker Bros packaging details about ROM's origins, and NOT on what Marvel established.

Many of the elements that Marvel introduced during their Micronauts and Rom: The Space Knight series have since found new life at Marvel laltely with Micronauts' Microverse being used, under the name "the Quantum realm," in the Ant-Man movie. and the recently announced a series featuring a new space knight to replace Rom... Venom: Spaceknight. So Marvel has clearly made lemonade out of the creative work that went into those titles. However, if IDW can manage to do any reprints, I absolutely hope they can manage to get the full cooperation of Marvel for proper collections of these titles.

Probably the most likely scenario is that IDW works with Marvel to create something not unlike a Micronauts or ROM Artist's Edition and hopefully Mantlo will get a big chunk of the profits. Especially considering his accident.

I also believe that due to Michael Golden being unhappy with the lack of pay from IDW's artist editions, he probably won't get involved in either of these properties... I'd like to see IDW remedy that.

For an excellent, albeit brief, history of ROM, go here.

I just realized that there is no bronze-age or copper age Punisher omnibus or Masterworks! You'd think Garth Ennis or Rick Remender created the Punisher? Which you could argue they very nearly recreated him.

Does anyone think that the classic tales will be collected in color with the second season of Daredevil next year? It'd just be a matter of coloring this...

\Maybe even an Epic collection?

This situation has been rectified. I am awaiting my copy of the PUNISHER: BACK TO WAR Omnibus which collects AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1963) #129, #134-135, #161-162, #174-175, #201-202 & ANNUAL (1964) #15; GIANT-SIZE SPIDER-MAN (1974) #4; MARVEL PREVIEW (1975) 2; MARVEL SUPER ACTION (1976) #1; CAPTAIN AMERICA (1968) #241; DAREDEVIL (1964) #182-184; SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN (1976) #81-83; and PUNISHER (1986) #1-5.

Order yours here.
  • CageNarleighCageNarleigh Posts: 729
    edited July 2017

BTW What other MM or OMNI would you be interested in seeing?

Given DC recently announced that Ragman is returning to the comic book page (given his popularity on the Arrow series) one would hope DC Comics would finally produce a damn Ragman omnibus or trade paperback at the very least.

Ragman (1976) 1-5 (plus the cover for #6)
    Batman Family #20
    The Brave and the Bold #196
    Ragman (1991) 1-8
    Ragman: Cry of the Dead (1993) 1-6
    (Then I wonder if we should include the Day of Judgement/Day of Vengeance series)
    Shadowpact (2006) 1-25
    Ragman: The Suit of Souls (2010) One-Shot

It's about time we had one honestly. Though it'd be interesting if they included the Golden Age Ragman stories from Holyoke Publishing. It has nothing to do with the modern Ragman, but it could be interesting to at least include the first story since nobody really knows about him.