Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

CGS Presents: Back to the Bins Episode 139

Chris and Murd recently made a guest appearance on the Back to the Bins podcast, where they joined host Paul Spataro in scrutinizing a pair of hand-picked back issues: one Marvel, one DC, both at least ten years old. Here's the result! (1:23:08)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Thanks guys. Just downloaded it this morning. Need to finish up the FF spotlight first though. You guys are putting out a lot of good content this year!
  • Options
    Sorry but this was one episode I couldn't listen to. The sound quality over the phone made you all sound like jittery robots, and unfortunately not in a good way.
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    This was my first Back to the Bins episode, and it won't be my last. (Hey, it's not a new Time Bubble, but it's the next best thing!)

The discussions were great and they provided a couple more nudges for me to finally check out those Joker and Black Panther series, neither of which I've read a single issue of.

I think you guys may have misspoke during the BP discussion, or maybe I didn't understand quite what you were saying. Claremont established Storm and Black Panther's long-standing personal history in an old issue of Marvel Team-Up (#100, I think), so I'm not sure how much retconning (if any) Chris Priest would have had to do in that regard.
  • Options
    AxelBrassAxelBrass Posts: 245

Sorry but this was one episode I couldn't listen to. The sound quality over the phone made you all sound like jittery robots, and unfortunately not in a good way.

Have to agree. Nothing like the HIGH FI GOODNESS we get from genuine CGS episodes!
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    edited March 2014
    @Adam_Murdough
    I was looking at BackIssue 71 (the newest issue) and they have an article on the very short lived DC Sherlock Holmes series. I get it digitally over at twomorrows website (a drm free .pdf and $3.95).
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Great discussion and it reminded me that I really need to track down Priest's Black Panther run.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Mr_Cosmic said:

Great discussion and it reminded me that I really need to track down Priest's Black Panther run.

Why in the world has Marvel not released a collected edition yet?