Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1469 - Comic Talk

2»

Comments

• Options
    Matt said:

Ok so the counting of the Marvel and DC movies, here is what I did and was sort of thinking.

I was thinking about all the Marvel movies which came out since X-men in what I thought was 1999. However, I counted Blade not thinking it came out In 1998.

Now with DC, I think I counted movies from Superman in 1978 to present.

I did no formal calculating or looking up. What I was thinking and amazed at was how many Marvel movies there have been with so many different Marvel characters / properties in the last 15 - 16 years and pretty successful for the most part.

While DC has had way less movies and most of them only feature Batman and Superman and that is over a much longer period of time.

Just meaning I wish DC could hit that sweet spot and produce a variety of characters and movies. As much as I love Batman and Superman movies and thought another Green Lantern could have potential I want a DC Universe to go along with a Marvel Universe.

I did not count any animated movies of any kind.

Has the sweet spot been hit?:

14-Jun-13 Man of Steel
    25-Mar-16 Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
    5-Aug-16 Suicide Squad
    23-Jun-17 Wonder Woman
    17-Nov-17 Justice League
    23-Mar-18 The Flash
    27-Jul-18 Aquaman
    5-Apr-19 Shazam
    14-Jun-19 Justice League 2
    3-Apr-20 Cyborg
    19-Jun-20 Green Lantern

On another, similarly related, note, I am amazed at the just three months shy of three years of a separation between Man of Steel, the first movie in this new DC Cinematic Universe (DCCU), and BvS: Dawn of Justice. Another comparison, Iron Man and Incredible Hulk came out in May and June (just over a month apart), 2008, and then a two year wait until Iron Man 2 in May of 2010.
    At this point, don't these mostly feel like "save-a-dates" then invitations? When a couple non-Batman &/or Kent movies get some actual steam going, then I'll get more confident this DCCU will actual occur.

M
    That's a little bit of what I'm saying. It seems like it's slow getting started. Marvel seemed to start off a bit similarly.