Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

The New 52 - A few years on

124»

Comments

• Options
    HappenstanceHappenstance Posts: 113
    edited April 2014
    You are mixing Injustice Gods Among Us with DC Universe Online. Injustice is just Supermans team of heroes and a few villains vs Batmans team of remaining heroes and a few extra heroes pulled in from another universe to help. They are all able to fight each other because Superman and Lex Luthor developed a Kryptonian pill to make everyone stronger which Batman stole, giving his team the abilities as well.

DC Universe Online has Brainiac attack and conquer the Earth, Lex goes back in time with Brainiac's nannites and releases them on the world, giving civilians superpowers to help fight back.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    The game is basically Mortal Kombat with a good back story. The story is set up a little different in the book than the game.

The game is fun. A little repetitive like most fighting games but there are some great moves.

I love the book. The art is all over the place at times but the story has keep me engaged.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

I'm not really familiar with the game itself, other than that the story by that point involves making superheroes out of the general public (therefore allowing the gameplayer to become directly involved in the scenario). I believe (and I may be mistaken) that the game becomes a three-way: Superman's Justice League vs Batman's 'outsiders' vs the supervillains. And I believe Brainiac has done grave injury to the rest of the world?

The "mainstream" Justice League becomes involved in this, I be
    I've.

I really want to get this game. Or at least watch the movie.
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    I initially tried the first few Batwing issues way back when it started. I was iffy before going into the series, and after reading, iffy after.

In the past two days, I've gone through 30 issues of it. And I am glad I did.
  • Options
    JersenJersen Posts: 39

I initially tried the first few Batwing issues way back when it started. I was iffy before going into the series, and after reading, iffy after.

I followed Batwing through the initial Winick run, but after the writers changed hands, the dumping of David Zavimbe for Luke Fox pissed me off and came of as a really cheap move. I was done.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    Jersen said:

I followed Batwing through the initial Winick run, but after the writers changed hands, the dumping of David Zavimbe for Luke Fox pissed me off and came of as a really cheap move. I was done.
    I agree. I enjoyed the series and the fact that it took place in a different locale: modern Africa. Like you, I dumped the book from my list shortly after they shifted away from David Zavimbe. It just wasn't interesting anymore.

• Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Over the past week I've read three trades of N52 books and I have to say, I wish I could find more like this.

Earth 2 - I'm in. I'll be picking up the rest of the trades for this one.
    World's Finest - You'd think I'd be all over a PG/Huntress book, but PG's original duds and some really amazingly phone-it-in lackluster artwork from both Perez and Maguire (I say this knowing I could do no better, of course) turned me off after a few issues. It got better.
    Threshold - Son of a bitch this is the type of book DC should have been giving us all along. So of course it got canceled. Still...I love this one.

So here's some praise for some N52 stuff I was late to the party to.