Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Nightwing No More. New GRAYSON Comic Book Series.

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    WetRats said:

Matt said:

WetRats said:

Some of these threads have completely changed my mind about books I would have previously dismissed out of hand.

Others have confirmed my instincts.

Yet others have provided the opportunity for a good joke (or maybe just a joke).

All good reasons to participate as far as I'm concerned.

I agree. And @Matt, I hope nothing I said came across as "bashing", but if it did, I hope I've explained I'm only wanking...

And I get that if you're a Nightwing fan, you may be disappointed that I'm not hopeful about this series.
    I actually, I'm not really interested in the book myself. I'm happy with the few titles I'm reading. I think what gets me is when people seem to treat something new as crap before it even arrives. Now, if its released and just not good (say, like the Catwoman movie), that's one thing...

M
    Sad, thing is, nobody called it crap.

I used the thread as an excuse to flog my favorite-ever fan film, Chuck said he had zero interest, and somebody went apeshit.
    You're right; that's why I specifically said 'seem'. I also previously posted that I misread the post. I initially read it as "I'd rather read awesome books I've been raving about," missing the word 'the' between read & awesome. I read it as "this isn't an awesome book, but I'm reading awesome books."

M
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    edited April 2014
    I see where you misread my comment. I was actually doing something I probably shouldn't have... feeding the troll.
    Matt said:

I also previously posted that I misread the post. I initially read it as "I'd rather read awesome books I've been raving about," missing the word 'the' between read & awesome. I read it as "this isn't an awesome book, but I'm reading awesome books."

M

My cheeky response that I would "stick with the awesome books I've been raving about" was in response to...
    Peter said:

You deserve the shitty comics you bitch about.

Hope that clarifies.

Well, it's difficult to tell when things started heading south on this thread, but, just spitballin' here, I'm thinkin' approx 8:13AM is as good a guess as any.

I was thinkin' it happened somewhere closer to 8:11AM, but 'close enough'.

• Options

Ah, yes. My apologies and thank you for the correction. (You know you're getting old when you have issues with font size)

Let the record reflect that this thread officially went off the rails at 8:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, on this, the 15th day of April, in the year of our Lord, 2014.

• Options
    I feel it is an interesting twist on a rather old DC character. I will be looking forward to hearing what the comic community feesl about it, AFTER the first issue comes out.
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    edited April 2014
    This is just the sort of "madness" the "Old Guard" in the "Real" forum would have stood against. Wankers.

:((
  • Options
    So how about that Dick Grayson. That crazy kid. He's been a trapeze artist, Robin, Nightwing, Batman, then Nightwing again. He's led the Teen Titans and the Outsiders and even was a member of the Justice League. Now he's going to be undercover doing crazy espionage stuff and mostly everyone will believe he's dead while he does it. That's some weird and wild stuff.

So let's talk about that. What type of things would you like to see since they are taking this wacky kid in this direction (he asks as he attempts to get this thread back on topic)?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    random73 said:

This is just the sort of "madness" the "Old Guard" in the "Real" forum would have stood against. Wankers.

Hey.

I *am* the Old Guard.

fap fap fap
  • Options

Ah, yes. My apologies and thank you for the correction. (You know you're getting old when you have issues with font size)

Let the record reflect that this thread officially went off the rails at 8:11 AM Eastern Standard Time, on this, the 15th day of April, in the year of our Lord, 2014.

Year One anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombings. #BostonStrong

M
  • Options
    edited April 2014

So how about that Dick Grayson. That crazy kid. He's been a trapeze artist, Robin, Nightwing, Batman, then Nightwing again. He's led the Teen Titans and the Outsiders and even was a member of the Justice League. Now he's going to be undercover doing crazy espionage stuff and mostly everyone will believe he's dead while he does it. That's some weird and wild stuff.

So let's talk about that. What type of things would you like to see since they are taking this wacky kid in this direction (he asks as he attempts to get this thread back on topic)?

Don't forget, he was 'good guy' Nightwing, 'bad guy' Nightwing, Nightwing blue & Nightwing red.

50 Shades of Dick...Grayson?!

M
  • Options

I don't read any DC, but I'm planting my flag behind "They're grooming him to be their version of Nick Fury" with Spyral = SHIELD.

Several years from now we'll find out he fathered Samuel L. Jackson.

• Options

Except this Dick Grayson wasn't most of that stuff.

This Dick was Robin for a few months, tops, then became Nightwing to make room for Jason Todd, Tim Drake and Damian, all of whom were Robin (or Red Robin or God-knows-what) in a five-year span.

I think.

And it's really unclear whether he was Batman for a while or not.

His Titans apparently didn't exist.

Or his Outsiders

Or his Justice League.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    WetRats said:

random73 said:

Hey.

I *am* the Old Guard.

fap fap fap
    Shake it once, that's fine...
    Shake it twice, that's okay...
    Shake it three times, you're playing with yourself again!*

M

* at least the lyrics quoted weren't from #selfie!
  • Options
    random73random73 Posts: 2,318
    WetRats said:

random73 said:

Hey.

I *am* the Old Guard.

fap fap fap
    you have failed in your duty, sir and dishonored this forum by allowing us whippersnappers to run aumk.

Amuk! Amuk! Amuk!
  • Options
    TorchsongTorchsong Posts: 2,794
    Who the hell marked that comment as "Insightful?" =))
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    That was me. Couldn't help it.
  • Options
    JersenJersen Posts: 39
    WetRats said:

This Dick was Robin for a few months, tops, then became Nightwing to make room for Jason Todd, Tim Drake and Damian, all of whom were Robin (or Red Robin or God-knows-what) in a five-year span.

I think.

Or his Outsiders

Or his Justice League.
    Screw that noise. They know that we know that Dick has a Dick-load of history that we're all invested in, and they're betting that our familiarity with Dick Grayson's history and our willingness to buy into our investment in him will pull us long-time fans into this series, and at the same time make it a clean jumping-on point or character development for new fans.

Yes, all of us versed in DC History will know that these characters can never escape their history, just rest in the knowledge that his vast history will resurface in the future, and that everything we know will be reconciled. We can bitch about how it's being handled now, but some talented writer will be able to resolve it and make it all (at least) somewhat palatable and resolveable at some time in the future. As I've mentioned elsewhere, pre-New 52 elements WILL be incorporated into current continuity just as Silver-Age elements were re-incorporated into post-Crisis continuity.

In the end, we'll all make our own personalized versions of the mythology.
  • Options
    Jersen said:

Screw that noise.

A nice change from all the wanking, I guess.
  • Options
    JersenJersen Posts: 39
    WetRats said:

Jersen said:

Screw that noise.

A nice change from all the wanking, I guess.
    Exactly! I like moist p00n as opposed to a damp hand.
  • Options
    Torchsong said:

Listen people, I like Dick. I like Dick in just about any format they choose to put Dick in. I've always liked Dick. And by God I will continue to like Dick!

/What? :)

I think Alexander Knox said it best with:

"What a Dick!"

M
  • Options
    WetRats said:

I think.

Or his Outsiders

Or his Justice League.
    Eh....I still make it all work and count in my head. LOL

I've still enjoyed reading Nightwing and pretending it ALL happened. I treat it all like a Marvel reboot instead of a DC reboot (and make no mistake, Marvel Now was a soft reboot).
  • Options
    spidspid Posts: 203
    This was the kind of idea I was thinking when they first announced the new 52.
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199
    Peter said:

"I have zero interest! But I'm going to complain to prove it!"

What a pale comparison of what this forum used to be when people wouldn't put up with the fanboy wank. You deserve the shitty comics you bitch about.

I think you may have over reacted a little. There's really nothing wrong with saying that an idea or proposal isn't getting you interested.
  • Options
    sandmansandman Posts: 199

Dick Grayson as a secret agent could be a cool book. Personally, instead of using this Spyral organization I'd rather see Checkmate resurrected. Or possibly the DEA (Department of Extranormal Operations). And it would be cool if this series will have Dick working with characters like King Faraday, Manhunter, and Mr. Bones/Director Bones.
  • Options

Anybody else look at this and think "Tom Cruise / Mission Impossible"?

• Options

Anybody else look at this and think "Tom Cruise / Mission Impossible"?

Clearly.
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    Would Dick Grayson use a gun?
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

Would Dick Grayson use a gun?

I don't know but they can always do the Agents of SHIELD cop-out and have it shoot something that stuns people..or it can be gas, whatever.
  • Options
    BrackBrack Posts: 868
    It could shoot tiny batarangs.
  • Options
    Or perhaps after the events of Forever Evil, he's decided that a code against killing is no longer appropriate.