Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1475 Talkback - Captain America: The Winter Soldier Movie Review

2»

Comments

• Options
    Wow. I did not even notice that. That's funny. I've done that many times with various things.
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    I think I was looking for any new episodes and saw the number. Usually spell check will catch my spelling errors, but I do the same thing with numbers.
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508

Did the geeks do a Muddle The Murd or Deceive The D in this episode?

No, I don't believe they did.
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    rebis said:

...and I was certain that Redford was going to be revealed as Red Skull.
    I was a little disappointed when that didn't happen.

Another thought I want to get opinions on. One of the things that has kept me from buying into Agents of SHIELD is that in the early MU Movies SHIELD agents like Coulson & Sitwell were played as a kind of comic relief. They weren't "Keystone Copping' their way through the movies, but at the same time their very dry, deadpan responses to every situation didn't help establish them as being bad asses. CAWS has helped rehabilitate their image. Certainly, Frank Grillo as Rumlow is mucho bad ass, but I still have a difficult time believing that the higher level SHIELD, and by extension HYDRA agents are much of a threat. To me, they're more Public School Administration douchbags then people that are a real physical threat.

Agreed with AoS, the series got much better when the $%&! hit the fan.

As for Red Skull, I didn't want to see him in this movie but let's not forget he's actually out there somewhere in the 9 Realms (or was it 7?...Midgard, Asgard etc). The Tesseract transported him to parts unknown in Captain America...so I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up somewhere that ties into Thor.

1) Avengers
    2) Captain America: Winter Soldier
    3) Iron Man
    4) Captain America
    5) Thor: The Dark World
    6) Thor
    7) Incredible Hulk
    8) Iron Man 2
    9) Iron Man 3

I loved this movie. A step up from the first. I really have no complaints or suggestions of how to make it better.

1) Avengers
    2) Captain America: Winter Soldier
    3) Iron Man
    4) Thor: The Dark World - This barely beats Cap, but I prefer sci-fi to war stories
    5) Captain America
    6) Thor
    7) Incredible Hulk
    8) Iron Man 3
    9) Iron Man 2
  • Options
    We were very close to an exact match there on our order. ;)
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    1. Avengers
    2. Capt America: WS
    3. Capt America
    4. Iron Man
    5. Thor
    6. Iron Man 3
    7. Iron Man 2
    8. Thor 2

(Have not seen Hulk). I need to rewatch Thor 2 but on the first watch i did not think it was very good. Unremarkable villian and weak plot. Visually it looked great.
  • Options
    i_am_scifii_am_scifi Posts: 784
    Here's my rankings. 1, 2, and 3 are almost interchangeable for me.

1) The Avengers
    2) Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
    3) Iron Man
    4) Captain America
    5) Iron Man 3
    6) Thor: The Dark World
    7) Thor
    8) The Incredible Hulk
    9) Iron Man 2
  • Options
    My rankings -

1- CAPTAIN AMERICA: WINTER SOLDIER
    2- THE AVENGERS
    3- IRON MAN
    4- CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE FIRST AVENGER
    5- THOR
    6- IRON MAN 2
    7- THOR: DARK WORLD
    8- IRON MAN 3
    9- THE INCREDIBLE HULK

And ... is everything alright guys? Over a week now and no sign of a new episode? Getting worried (Well, as worried as one can get over not seeing a new CGS episode) Haha :D
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131

And ... is everything alright guys? Over a week now and no sign of a new episode? Getting worried (Well, as worried as one can get over not seeing a new CGS episode) Haha :D

I was thinking the same thing and thought maybe they were taking a week off for Easter and such. Then last night I saw a bunch if Facebook posts about @JamieD‌ on my feed. It appears he's back in the hospital. Not sure how he's doing or what. :(
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    I haven't really bothered to rank all of the Marvel films of the past couple of years -- I love 'em all -- but the top three, IMO, are (in this order) The Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    fredzilla said:

I was thinking the same thing and thought maybe they were taking a week off for Easter and such. Then last night I saw a bunch if Facebook posts about @JamieD‌ on my feed. It appears he's back in the hospital. Not sure how he's doing or what. :(
    New recordings are planned for tomorrow - Sunday the 27th.
  • Options
    ElsiebubElsiebub Posts: 338
    edited April 2014
    ^Good to hear. Hope Jamie's feeling better.

I was wondering what happened. My best guess had been that the Geeks started arguing too much about some of the controversies going on in comics these past few weeks, and then decided not to release the episode(s).
  • Options
    Yes, I certainly hope Jamie is feeling better as well
  • Options
    rebisrebis Posts: 1,820
    Pants said:

fredzilla said:

New recordings are planned for tomorrow - Sunday the 27th.
    Thanks for the update, Pants.
    I have to be honest. Every time there's a bump in the CGS schedule, my mind goes to Jamie's health. He was sounding remarkably strong before the swollen tongue thing happened. Here's to Pimp recovering and kicking some cancer ass.
  • Options
    kiwijasekiwijase Posts: 451
    Hope you're feeling better Jaimie, looking forward to the new episodes.
  • Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967

Here's my rankings. 1, 2, and 3 are almost interchangeable for me.

1) The Avengers
    2) Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier
    3) Iron Man
    4) Captain America
    5) Iron Man 3
    6) Thor: The Dark World
    7) Thor
    8) The Incredible Hulk
    9) Iron Man 2

My list exactly.

If we could stretch the list to 20 maybe could start inserting ALL Marvel related movies in an ultimate list - not just Marvel Studios? Including Punisher, Blade, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, etc...

• Options

If we could stretch the list to 20 maybe could start inserting ALL Marvel related movies in an ultimate list - not just Marvel Studios? Including Punisher, Blade, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, etc...

Did that very thing a few days ago, on another site, and came up with this ranking the Marvel flicks since 1989. No Howard the Duck (1986) -

1- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    2- The Avengers
    3- Iron Man
    4- Captain America: The First Avenger
    5- Thor
    6- Iron Man 2
    7- Thor: Dark World
    8- Spider-Man
    9- X-Men: First Class
    10- X2
    11- Spider-Man 2
    12- X-Men
    13- Amazing Spider-Man
    14- Iron Man 3
    15- Incredible Hulk
    16- Blade
    17- Blade 2
    18- X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    19- Daredevil (Yes, the directors cut)
    20- The Wolverine
    21- Hulk
    22- Spider-Man 3
    23- X-Men: The Last Stand
    24- Fantastic Four
    25- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Surfer
    26- Blade: Trinity
    27- Ghost Rider
    28- Elektra
    29- Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
    30- Man-Thing
    31 -The Punisher
    32- Punisher: War Zone (Have not seen this so automatically fills in at the bottom)
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 549
    Rewatched Thor 2 and Iron Man 3 this weekend...and I've got to bump Iron Man 3 above Thor 1.

1 The Avengers
    2 Captain America: The Winter Soldier
    3 Iron Man
    4 Thor: The Dark World
    5 Captain America: The First Avenger
    6 Blade 2
    7 Iron Man 3
    8 X2
    9 Spider-Man
    10 X-Men: First Class
    11 Spider-Man 2
    12 Thor
    13 Incredible Hulk
    14 Amazing Spider-Man
    15 The Wolverine
    16 X-Men
    17 Daredevil (Yes, the directors cut)
    18 Iron Man 2
    19 Blade
    20 X-Men Origins: Wolverine
    21 Hulk
    22 Spider-Man 3
    23 X-Men: The Last Stand
    24 Ghost Rider
    25 Fantastic Four: Rise of the Surfer -honestly I think I'm too old for the FF movies
    26 Fantastic Four
    27 The Punisher
    28 Blade: Trinity
    29 Punisher: War Zone (Have not seen this so automatically fills in at the bottom)

Never Seen:
    Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance -saw a little bit on TV
    Man-Thing