Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What geek level are you

DARDAR Posts: 1,128

Comments

• Options
    WebheadWebhead Posts: 458
    edited April 2014
    106 out of 300.

"You’ve got the makings of a great geek. Maybe you’re still testing the waters a bit, but you definitely share a lot of interests with nerds. Stop denying your true nature."
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178
    47/300. I do not play online games or know a lot of computer science type stuff. Plus there were no pro wrestling questions - which is its special own little corner in geekdom.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited April 2014

You got 145 out of 300.

You’re half-geek. You’re like a shapeshifter who can appear like a regular person, but can also drop some comic book references or quote Star Wars at a moment’s notice.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited April 2014
    68/300 It would have been lower, but some of them I had to answer in good faith more than actuality.

I have not played every single zelda, mario, GTA, or Final Fantasy, but I've played 90% of them so I felt that I needed to answer that I played them all.
    And yes at one point I held an arcade highscore on Super Street Fighter 2 that stood for years (set in the Street Fighter Wars days at the arcade).
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited April 2014
    Didn't score very high (96/300 = 32%. That's an "F"). I guess that settles it. Good bye forum, perhaps we'll meet again when I have a little more geek cred... =((
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    Mr_Cosmic said:

You got 145 out of 300.

You’re half-geek. You’re like a shapeshifter who can appear like a regular person, but can also drop some comic book references or quote Star Wars at a moment’s notice.
    Me, too.

I had odd moments of, "Doesn't everyone," and, "Is someone watching me?" on some of these.

The problem with all of these types of things is they diagnose only broad-spectrum geekishness. They neglect the idea of the focused geek, the geek devoted to only a small area of geekdom and its directly related subjects.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623
    236. Do or not do.......I don't know what that is, and if it's what I can only assume that it is then I'm offended by the quiz

Also I got 126

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 263
    I consider myself a heavy sports geek, which is its own special type of geek, which was not touched on. If you memorize stats from the 1993 NBA season you are a geek
  • Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    edited April 2014

Mr_Cosmic said:

You got 145 out of 300.

The problem with all of these types of things is they diagnose only broad-spectrum geekishness. They neglect the idea of the focused geek, the geek devoted to only a small area of geekdom and its directly related subjects.

It's the 21st century equivalent to teen girl magazine quizzes like, "Is he right for you?" and "Are you the only crazy prepubescent teen in the world?"

Just the other day I took a "Which famous Disney character are you?" quiz and got Gus Gus from Cinderella! C'mon! I'm at least Abu or Flounder level Disney character... [-(
  • Options
    You got Gus the Drunken Mouse? Hmmmm rethinking my view of @fredzilla
  • Options
    dubbat138dubbat138 Posts: 3,200
    102 outta 300

Not being a huge RPG gamer and not into Star Trek lowered my score.
  • Options
    Low score so far. Only Dar is in the neighborhood.
  • Options
    EarthGBillyEarthGBilly Posts: 362
    I consider myself pretty intensively geeky, but only got a score of 145 out of the possible 300.

It makes me wonder... what is the individual like that would get 300 on this?

(I almost picture something akin to the proto-vampire from the last season of Buffy, only like the ultimate stereotypical geek... a basement dwelling genius, with multiple pocket protectors, with a holster for his graphing calculator, who can speak not only Elvish and Klingon, but also Wookie and Binary. His throne is made of Legos and his knowledge of comic books is unsurpassed, since he owns every comic ever produced and can recite them word for word. He ventures forth from his home only to attend a conventions, in costumes that are fully accurate down to the tiniest detail. He funds his life on the various computer apps he has created. He will rule us all.)
  • Options
    100/300. Computer/Gaming/RPG killed me. Also all the "all of" questions. Apparently it's not enough to sample. Not much in the movie/tv sections either except for the obvious sci-fi/fantasy. Oh well, I guess I should give up on geek culture.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    Yeah, the "all of" questions got me a few times too.
  • Options
    KrescanKrescan Posts: 623

I consider myself pretty intensively geeky, but only got a score of 145 out of the possible 300.

It makes me wonder... what is the individual like that would get 300 on this?

(I almost picture something akin to the proto-vampire from the last season of Buffy, only like the ultimate stereotypical geek... a basement dwelling genius, with multiple pocket protectors, with a holster for his graphing calculator, who can speak not only Elvish and Klingon, but also Wookie and Binary. His throne is made of Legos and his knowledge of comic books is unsurpassed, since he owns every comic ever produced and can recite them word for word. He ventures forth from his home only to attend a conventions, in costumes that are fully accurate down to the tiniest detail. He funds his life on the various computer apps he has created. He will rule us all.)

so the medium bads from season 6?

• Options
    82/300 - I'm a video game artist, but don't play them. Don't play tabletop games (which seemed to be half of the survey). Not mathemagical.

I think the premise here is flawed, due to ignorance. The geek they are testing for here are like the guys on Big Bang Theory, wherein they are actively involved in EVERYTHING. Sci-fi, gaming, videogames, comics, conventions, science, etc. I think a true geek maybe delves into lots of geeky stuff, but really concentrates on one or two things. REALLY, REALLY CONCENTRATES.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2014
    Also: No. 31... if you're a true comics geek, why the hell would you need to call a guy who works in a comics shop to solve an argument???

Do the guys building case mods call up the guy at Best Buy?
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    Eric_C said:

I consider myself a heavy sports geek, which is its own special type of geek, which was not touched on. If you memorize stats from the 1993 NBA season you are a geek

I think that makes you a dweeb.
  • Options
    WetRats said:

Eric_C said:

Or a dork.
  • Options
    Tonebone said:

WetRats said:

Eric_C said:

Or a dork.
    Perhaps a complete kneebiter.
  • Options
    I wouldn't go so far as to say pudknocker, tho.
  • Options
    luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    49/300 for me.
  • Options
    little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    I might have an issue

"You got 207 out of 300.

There’s definitely no denying that you’re a geek. If anyone tries, just tell them your score on this test, recite as many digits of pi as you can, and tell them to make like an atom and split."
  • Options

"You got 207 out of 300.

There’s definitely no denying that you’re a geek. If anyone tries, just tell them your score on this test, recite as many digits of pi as you can, and tell them to make like an atom and split."

Yeahyeah you're the Queen Geek on the forums, but have you ever had a high score on an arcade machine? :P
    BTW I'm glad you are back on the forums and congrats on the baby.
  • Options
    Finally took it.

165. "You’re pretty geeky. You’re probably one of those really cool geeks that makes your nerdy interests seem really fascinating to people you talk to."

My near-complete lack of computer/console gaming and manga knowledge allow me to pretend I'm not quite the dork I know I really am.
  • Options
    little_witchlittle_witch Posts: 185
    mwhitt80 said:

Yeahyeah you're the Queen Geek on the forums, but have you ever had a high score on an arcade machine? :P
    BTW I'm glad you are back on the forums and congrats on the baby.

Yes for some time I had the high score on the simpsons game at our local arcade. I kicked ass on the game! (so many wasted sundays)

• Options
    Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
    edited May 2014
    I took this test about a week or two ago. I'm pretty sure I scored around 145.
    I probably would have scored off the chart had it not been for the fact that I've never played a game of D&D in my life, despite having friends who play it on a weekly basis.