Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1483 Talkback - BOMC: Avengers Forever (#7-12)

Concluding our two-part scrutinization of the landmark Avengers Forever maxiseries. Secrets revealed! Continuity glitches resolved! Avengers history revisited! Everything you've ever wanted to know about Kang the Conqueror, Immortus, and the Space Phantom! Cameo appearances by dozens of actual and potential Avengers! The second half of Avengers Forever is pure ambrosia for the elite Avengers fan, and we're here to break it all down for you! (2:05:28)

Listen here, or "Forever" hold your peace.

Comments

• Options
    bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    Looking forward to this guys. Thanks!
  • Options
    Love this story, and your coverage thereof, and the abundant Avengers-historian-geekiness therein, but... I'm not really enthusiastic about the art. Everyone on the show is drooling over it, which leaves me a little bemused. Is it just me? It's not bad, I'm just not feeling it. Hard to put my finger on why, precisely – a little too cartoony/heavily stylised? Would have loved to see classic-era Perez do this.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    edited June 2014
    I'm reading through She-Hulk by Dan Slott The Complete Collection and came across a funny scene.

She-Hulk has broken some time rules and the TVA(Time Variance Authority) wants to scratch her from history. At one point She-Hulk is defending what the Avengers have done to time over the years. A TVA Justice responds with a few examples of the Avengers screwing up time and her last example is:

"Oh, and don't even get me started on the Destiny War! What a mess! A team of Avengers from across time, traveling through time with two versions of Hank Pym at the same time!"

That gave me a chuckle.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Mr_Cosmic said:

"Oh, and don't even get me started on the Destiny War! What a mess! A team of Avengers from across time, traveling through time with two versions of Hank Pym at the same time!"

That gave me a chuckle.

I have not read Avengers forever, but I listened to the episode(s). I was wondering where I remembered the Destiny War from. I read She Hulk vol 1 2 months ago, so thank you for solving the mystery Chuck.
  • Options
    Chuck_MelvilleChuck_Melville Posts: 3,003
    edited June 2014
    mwhitt80 said:

...so thank you for solving the mystery Chuck.

...huh!?
  • Options
    Those arent chicken feet, those are the falcons old boots. they are Falcon feet.

• Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200

mwhitt80 said:

...so thank you for solving the mystery Chuck.

...huh!?
    Yeah! Why would he insult me like that!

:P
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    Sorry Chuck I didn't mean to sully your good name ;).

One day I will learn to read and write. :'(