Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

Episode 1491 Talkback - Previews

Stars and Stripes and PREVIEWS Forever! We go through the July catalog for items shipping to stores starting in September. (1:43:24)

Listen here.

Comments

• Options
    TheOriginalGManTheOriginalGMan Posts: 1,763
    Wait, neither Shane nor Murd has watched Game of Thrones yet? What the ... ? Clearly, there's a "Murd's TV Time Bubble" coming at some point!

Hmmm, actually I think that would only lead to problems with the space-time continuum though, no doubt culminating in a "Crisis on Infinite Time Bubbles" major CGS cross-over podcast event, where Murd would be "retconned" into having watched GoT, as well as read "Dune" and all comics up through 2013.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    @ShaneKelly, @Adam_Murdough: Anytime you guys want to do an animation spin-off, I'll be there.
  • Options

Hmmm, actually I think that would only lead to problems with the space-time continuum though, no doubt culminating in a "Crisis on Infinite Time Bubbles" major CGS cross-over podcast event, where Murd would be "retconned" into having watched GoT, as well as read "Dune" and all comics up through 2013.

Retcon me if you can, GMan! A pocket-universe of me would survive to remain "Dune"-less and de-"Throned", content instead to watch his "Muppet Show" and "Taxi" DVDs yet one more time! Bubbles may live and Bubbles may die, but my bad habits will remain the same. :P
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,615
    The Epic collections are in color. I've got an ironman one.
  • Options
    MacGillicuttyMacGillicutty Posts: 38
    edited July 2014
  • Options
    CaptShazamCaptShazam Posts: 1,178

Retcon me if you can, GMan! A pocket-universe of me would survive to remain "Dune"-less and de-"Throned", content instead to watch his "Muppet Show" and "Taxi" DVDs yet one more time! Bubbles may live and Bubbles may die, but my bad habits will remain the same. :P
    We will keep trying with the Murd reboots until we get it right. Who wouldn't want to see a 5 year gap Murd, Archie-Murd, and Three Boot Murd?

A George Perez drawn Legion of 3 Murds is a must buy. New 52 Murd...not so much.
  • Options
    DARDAR Posts: 1,128
    Shane you haven't seen Prometheus yet, all I will say is lower your expectations
  • Options
    alienalalienal Posts: 508
    Well, don't worry Shane and Murd...I've tried to watch Game of Thrones a couple of times and got bored. Now I'm in the midst of Season 1 and it's....okay. I guess it's not everybody's taste. Well, because of the DC pre-pre-order, I've got a little more room for independent comics this month, so I'm definitely willing to try all of the Off-The-Rack picks this month, OH! Except maybe for that Simpson's Treehouse of Horror/Zombies #20 from Bongo for $4.99. That might be too much to ask of me.
  • Options
    ShaneKellyShaneKelly Posts: 156
    DAR, yeah I have heard that many times. Which is sad. I was really excited about that at first. However, 9.99 or so, I am willing to try it. Everyone I know said it is meh but visually great.
  • Options
    My 6 year old is obsessed with Rocky and Bullwinkle comic . All because of a DVD that was stuck on Papa Johns Pizza box before he was born.
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    This month I dropped a few Marvel titles and Sinestro from DC. I had to really think about whether or not I was enjoying the books I was buying..If I wasn't loving the story, or couldn't even remember what was going on in the book, I let it go.

On the flip side I picked up Copperhead #1, Sirens #1, Wild's End #1, Doctor Who 12th #1, and My Little Pony Annual (for my daughter..not that there's anything wrong with an adult male buying it!).

TPBs: East of West Vol. 3 and Dungeons & Dragons Forgotten Realms Omnibus Vol. 1

Rest of the stuff:

BATMAN 66 MEETS GREEN HORNET #4
    SAGA #23
    MANHATTAN PROJECTS #24
    ALL NEW X-MEN #32
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #6
    CYCLOPS #5
    FANTASTIC FOUR #10
    GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #19
    LEGENDARY STAR LORD #3
    MOON KNIGHT #7
    NEW WARRIORS #9
    NEW WARRIORS #10
    NOVA #21
    ROCKET RACCOON #3
    SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN #2
    SILVER SURFER #7
    UNCANNY X-MEN #26
    AXIS #1
    MULTIVERSITY THE SOCIETY OF SUPER-HEROES #1
    STEVEN UNIVERSE #2
    AVENGERS #35
    FANTASTIC FOUR ANNUAL #1
    MIRACLEMAN #10
    NEW AVENGERS #24
  • Options
    Mr_CosmicMr_Cosmic Posts: 3,200
    DAR said:

Shane you haven't seen Prometheus yet, all I will say is lower your expectations

I haven't seen it yet either..I just want to know who the dude in the chair is..I've wondered about that every time I've seen the movie..that alone will make watching Prometheus worth it.