Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What did people do for Batman Day? Or what are you doing to observe the 75th year?

I was going to watch The Batman Movie 1966 version. But my son and I sat in his room and watched 3 episodes of Brave and the Bold. Watched Aquaman Adventure, the sidekicks one, and Chill of The Night with Adam West as his dad. Paul Dini written episode that was really good. Got down to the heart of what made Batman.

And people use to complain that show was too light. But they killed peoples on that show! His parents, Joe Chill, original Blue Beetle, Bwanna Beast, and Doom Patrol. Showed what they did was dangerous and made sacrifices.

It may be on Netflix but I want the blu ray set.

Comments

• Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    edited July 2014
    I said I would do my best Bane and Batman voices the whole day. My Bane needs some work, the Batman voice started to hurt after awhile. My boss found it amusing.
  • Options
    RickMRickM Posts: 407
    I went to Barnes and Noble for my free promo comic and also ordered coffee from a woman in a bad Robin t-shirt. Entered a drawing for a Batman statue. Overall it was fairly weak. But my LCS was doing even less than B&N, so whatever.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    For my Batman Day I used careful planning to stop your Batman Day.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Well, I tried to remove my collaborators’ names from my books, but after crossing out names in a dozen copies with a Sharpie, I realized I’d never be able to track down every copy, so I gave up. Plus my hand was starting to cramp up. So I watched the Robin/Crazy Quilt episode of Batman: Brave & the Bold instead.
  • Options
    SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    edited July 2014
    I killed some rich kid's parents as they came out of a movie theater and left the kid there staring is horror as his mother's peals scattered everywhere. I figured it was as good a time as any to create the Earth Prime Nu52 Batman.

• Options
    RickMRickM Posts: 407

I killed some rich kid's parents as they came out of a movie theater and left the kid there staring is horror as his mother's peals scattered everywhere. I figured it was as good a time as any to create the Earth Prime Nu52 Batman.

That was actually his uncle, so now you've created the wrong hero.

• Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    I acted like an angsty mid30s billionaire and treated my wife like a butler. The moodiness was set to 14yr old girl, and sneaking up and scaring people is a good way to make most people to hate you.

Needless to say Batman Day will not be celebrated this way next year.