Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

What's your idea of a GOOD superhero game on the consoles?

Open World...like Superman Returns on Xbox 360...only bigger...better...faster...more to do.

Super-Skrull, Johnny Storm, Nova, Silver Surfer

NOT Lego
NOT an RPG like DC Universe Online
NOT an'over-head' brawler like Marvel Ultimate Aliance

Comments

• Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    The Arkham Games from Rocksteady.
  • Options
    David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881

The Arkham Games from Rocksteady.

Seconded.
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    Well I go back a while.

One of my alltime favorites is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 for the NES (the one based on the Arcade game). There were a few side scrolling TMNT after the first one that were really good.

Sega Genesis had a number of great Spiderman and Xmen sidescrollers.

Then there is the best of the best XMen/Marvel-Capcom games. I love the Marvel fighters based around Street Fighter.
  • Options
    GregGreg Posts: 1,946
    I stopped playing console game about seven or eight years ago. The last console superhero game I can remember playing was that god awful WildC.A.T.'s game for the SNES. And as I write this I had forgot about that Justice League fighter for SNES.
  • Options
    jaydee74jaydee74 Posts: 1,526
    I love the Arkham games. It may not be a console game but I love Marvel Heroes for the PC and Mac. You can play as one of your favorite Marvel characters where you can fight in familiar places in the Marvel Universe and fight familiar villains using some very cool powers and abilities.
  • Options
    I love Ultimate Spider-Man. I go back and play through it every so often, although there are a couple of boss battles that feel impossible to get past (I think I spent a week on the damn Rhino). And I love the Arkham games. Paul Dini did a great job on that one, and you really felt like it was a REAL Batman story while still having the trappings of a game.
  • Options
    The Justice League fighter holds a fond place in my heart, but it wasn't a good fighting game.

I've come up with a few more interesting games
    Comix Zone for the Sega was really fun and had some interesting game features.
    City of heroes the original pc game.

And then there is the comicbook game that transcended the comic...
    Sam and Max, though not a superhero game it maybe the best series of games based on a comic ever produced

• Options
    HAVE:

Captain America and the Avengers
    The Death and Return of Superman
    Spider-Man and Venom: Maximum Carnage
    Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time
    Venom/Spider-Man: Separation Anxiety

WANT SO BAD IT HURTS:

The Incredible Hulk
    Marvel Super Heroes: War of the Gems
    Spider-Man: The Animated Series
    Spider-Man and the X-Men
    X-Men Mutant Apocalypse

All of these are SNES (Super Nintendo) games. Unfortunately I can't play modern games, I get motion sickness. I'd explain, but look it up. It's complicated. lol

• Options
    How could I forget
    Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction for the ps2

This was awesome. Awesome!!! I say
  • Options
    DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586

I love Ultimate Spider-Man. I go back and play through it every so often, although there are a couple of boss battles that feel impossible to get past (I think I spent a week on the damn Rhino).

I loved that game as well. And it was fun how it tied into the comic....

Oh wait.

And I love the Arkham games. Paul Dini did a great job on that one, and you really felt like it was a REAL Batman story while still having the trappings of a game.
    I loved terrorizing the hell out of mooks.

Mook - "How about you stay over there, I stay over here, and we'll both have a merry Christmas?"