Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

TV News: The Librarians

Is anyone else watching the Librarians? Apparently, there were several made-for-television movies that predates the series, which I'll have to track down.
Someone recommended TNT's The Librarians to me earlier tonight. The show was described to me as Indiana Jones meets the Neverending Story, so of course I had to check it out. Having now watched the first two episodes, I'll add Doctor Who to that mix. The acting isn't top-notch, nor is the dialog, but it's a quirky show and I tend to gravitate to quirky.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zh87m7vP00

Comments

• Options
    fredzillafredzilla Posts: 2,131
    Saw a free episode I got from iTunes and ended up purchasing the season pass. It's a fun series so far. I think I get a Doctor Who vibe as well. It's not groundbreaking but it is a fun family show.
  • Options
    I've watched the first two episodes and like it. Kind of like Warehouse 13
  • Options
    mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,613
    edited December 2014
  • Options
    I’ve only seen the recent two-hour movie shown on the CW (in tandem, I presume, with its showing on TNT). I’d never seen or heard of the show before, and I can’t say that I was favorably impressed, despite the appearance of some familiar faces (Bob Newhart, Jane Curtain and John Laroquette) in the cast; it struck me as a kind of watered-down Warehouse 13. It wasn’t terrible, but neither did it strike me as memorable.

A friend of mine gave me some background on the previous movie and series, though, and he gave it a more glowing appraisal, so I dunno – maybe I need to see if I can find the early movies to give it another chance.