Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

So who's coming to Heroes Con?

This will be my second year going and was just wondering who else will be there. This time, I will stop by the CGS table.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    I'll be there on Saturday.
  • Options
    WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    I intend to be there Saturday as well.
  • Options
    jt3fanjt3fan Posts: 9
    Planning on all 3 days. Can't wait.
  • Options
    argocomicsargocomics Posts: 19
    I'll be exibitting there. I should be under Dan Sehn or Argo Comics in the con directory. Maybe I'll post a table number if they assign them but otherwise look me up fellow CGSers!
  • Options
    ChrisSnellChrisSnell Posts: 34
    I'm planning on going, but flights down there are SO expensive!
  • Options
    RobAndersonRobAnderson Posts: 553
    I'll be there, hanging in the Big Dog Ink booth with my artist/collaborator DaFu Yu and other Big Dog Ink folks.

Will there be a Feast of the Pants???
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567

Planning on it for Thursday evening.
  • Options

Planning on it for Thursday evening.
    Awesome! Count me in!

Golden Corral better load up on steak for that night...

• Options
    bonovolbonovol Posts: 7
    If you come to Heroes, and you are not scared of fried foods, you must eat here:

Twin Tops Fish Camp

Probably about 15-20 mins from the Con.
  • Options
    I hope to be coming up for Heroes on Saturday. I was looking at their website and didn't see where anyone had table assignments. Does CGS have theirs yet? If not, will people be updating a thread here somewhere with their table assignments?

This will be my first large Con and there is a lot I want to see.
  • Options
    Rod28Rod28 Posts: 63
    And now Stan Lee will be there!
  • Options
    I hope to be coming up for Heroes on Saturday. I was looking at their website and didn't see where anyone had table assignments. Does CGS have theirs yet? If not, will people be updating a thread here somewhere with their table assignments?

If past years are any indication, we'll probably get our table assignments just before the convention. But they should list them on the website, and they'll have a free printed program at the show with table locations, too. Come by the Big Dog Ink booth and say "hi" if you get a chance! =)

• Options

If past years are any indication, we'll probably get our table assignments just before the convention. But they should list them on the website, and they'll have a free printed program at the show with table locations, too. Come by the Big Dog Ink booth and say "hi" if you get a chance! =)
    Also, the hall is generally laid out in a pretty straightforward grid. If you're methodical in your first circuit, you shouldn't miss much.

Of course, who knows what kind of chaos the presence of Stan Lee will add to things. There may well be a nigh-impassable section of the hall.
  • Options

Of course, who knows what kind of chaos the presence of Stan Lee will add to things. There may well be a nigh-impassable section of the hall.
    Yeah, I hope they're prepared for the crowd. In the past, they've done a great job of putting the big name guests in a corner with a large, organized area for the line. But the line is going to be of a different level for Stan the Man!

I had the good luck to meet him in the mid-70's at the NYC Marvel Con, and he signed my treasury edition Spider-Man vs. Superman. I was a very young kid...it was awesome!

• Options
    I had the good luck to meet him in the mid-70's at the NYC Marvel Con, and he signed my treasury edition Spider-Man vs. Superman. I was a very young kid...it was awesome!
    He probably wasn't charging for autographs back then, either.
  • Options

He probably wasn't charging for autographs back then, either.
    Correct! As I recall, there wasn't really even much of a line. I got Stan Lee's and John Romita Sr.'s signatures on that book (although, IIRC, JR SR only drew the back cover, which is where they both signed).

• Options
    GargoyleGargoyle Posts: 199
  • Options
    PantsPants Posts: 567
    Update - CGS will now not be attending Heroes Con this year. A good friend of ours is getting married that weekend so we will be going to the wedding instead of the convention.
  • Options
    Update - CGS will now not be attending Heroes Con this year. A good friend of ours is getting married that weekend so we will be going to the wedding instead of the convention.
    ARGH!! Huge bummer!

But what you can do? I understand...I had to miss Super Show the year before last due to a wedding...

• Options
    Bah!

How many marriages last these days?

;)

• Options
    kfreemankfreeman Posts: 314
    I'm definitely not setting up there this year, although I may show up for a day as a fan. We'll see. This summer is pretty hectic.
  • Options
    RadiclusRadiclus Posts: 11
    Last Heroes was my first con and this year's will be my second. I was excited to meet Pants and a few others last year. Pants was terrific, the others....well I'll just say I haven't felt more like a leper. I'm sure it was me; being a weirdo at his fist con meeting the people I've been stalking for the past few years. Either way, it rubbed me a little raw and I had quit the podcast for a bit because of it. However, I came back because that was silly of me and I was looking forward to making amends this year, but it looks like that's a no-go. Bummer. Pants even read my last name correctly on the air which for anyone reading it aloud for the first time is no simple feat.
  • Options
    fxmattfxmatt Posts: 78
    I will definitely be there. Every year I'm counting down to the next one!

I'm disappointed CGS won't be there, I'm a new listener and was looking forward to meeting the gang.
  • Options
    JoeSergiJoeSergi Posts: 78
    I'm getting a table this year. Can't wait too see everyone.
  • Options
    I'm getting a table this year. Can't wait too see everyone.

JOOOOEEE! Can't wait to hang out!

• Options
    fxmattfxmatt Posts: 78

Someone should coordinate a meet up for all the CGS listeners
  • Options

Someone should coordinate a meet up for all the CGS listeners
    Last time we did that Mark Waid almost got arrested!
  • Options
    So who's coming to Heroes Con?

I'll tell you who's coming to Heroes Con?

The Simonsons, that's who!

• Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Haven't missed one since I started going back in 2000. I'll be in my usual spot.
  • Options
    Haven't missed one since I started going back in 2000. I'll be in my usual spot.
    And that spot is?