Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Options

So who's coming to Heroes Con?

13»

Answers

• Options
    Emerald will be way faster then, unless you take a crazy route here. From what I understand, most flights to and from Aus land in LA then continue on to their destinations. I've never been to a real con myself, and Emerald and Heroes are the two I have the most interest in. Emerald because it's not too far (half a day driving, or so) and Heroes because Richard Case goes every year, Dorkin was there this year, and it generally has a lot of everything else. Emerald will probably be in the cards for next year.
    I'm trying to find flight info at the moment but it looks like I will be paying something upwards of $1700 for there and back. Most airlines haven't put the schedule up for next year around Heroes Con time and when they do that I'll make my decision to where I'll go. I want to go to Heroes because I want to see artists and writers, and hopefully get a couple of dozen sketches.

Was thinking if I could go to Heroes I could then hang around and do San Diego a couple of weeks later. I'm still thinking about all that.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    Richard is a friend of mine, actually. He lives about 20 minutes from me.

I’ve never been to Emerald, but I’d like to one of these days. I hear it’s a lot like Heroes, so you should have a good time there.
  • Options
    peedmyselfpeedmyself Posts: 105
    I have no original art, but I've had a commission for him on my mind for a long time. If the rest of the year goes well for me, I'll hopefully be able to order something next year. It would be fairly large, so it might be cost prohibitive.
  • Options
    nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,741
    The first page of original art I bought—the page from Doom Patrol with the Brotherhood of Dada, where the fifth Horseman of the Apocalypse is released from the painting—I bought from Rich. Rich actually has some new comics material in the works. It's a character he’s had in his back pocket for a while called Ammo Annie, and it’s part of an anthology series called Artist Alley Comics.