Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

TV NEWS: Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time: Winter Dragon - the pilot debuted last night...

Fade2BlackFade2Black Posts: 1,457
If you blinked you missed it.
FXX aired a Wheel of Time pilot last night. Late last night. Really late last night. At 1:30AM last night.
Most suspect the reason it wasn't promoted at all is because the producers would lose their rights if they didn't put out a tangible product, so they just threw something together to retain the rights.

Anyhoo... watch it now, while you still can.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvNYIEN1vIg

Comments

• SteevenSteeven Posts: 215
    Billy Zane!

A series does need to be made of this ... but it would have to last years and years, and even more years.
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    There's another show in the works. Hopefully they don't screw this one up. Because TV is the only way you can adapt these books.

I think it has a lot what makes GoT so accessible as a TV Show. There is a ton of characters to follow, they all start together at first then fan out, is the difference from GoT. But at least unlike GoT it is finished.
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,608
    edited April 2017
    I saw something about it. I didn't know that it was go time on the series. I assume it is better than the garbage that replaced my ronco ads on FX. I'm still miffed that a terrible "pilot" of one of my favorite series interrupted my pocket Fisher commercial.
    And yes I Know that shameless pilot was license grab.
  • MihawkMihawk Posts: 433
    mwhitt80 said:

I saw something about it. I didn't know that it was go time on the series. I assume it is better than the garbage that replaced my ronco ads on FX. I'm still miffed that a terrible "pilot" of one of my favorite series interrupted my pocket Fisher commercial.
    And yes I Know that shameless pilot was license grab.

Sony has bought the rights. And the early guess for a station is Netflix. Which would be interesting.