Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Harrison Ford to [appear] in {completely unnecessary?} Blade Runner Sequel

Comments

• WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    The Frisco Kid's Kids
    Frantic 2: Mildly Agitated
  • David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,881
    Regarding Henry Jr.
  • David_D said:

Regarding Henry Jr.

Regarding Henry Jones Jr., CROSSOVER!!!
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    I would watch him revisit the Jack Ryan character to finish what he began in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger . I thought the films that followed in that series were of much less merit.
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457

I would watch him revisit the Jack Ryan character to finish what he began in Patriot Games and Clear and Present Danger . I thought the films that followed in that series were of much less merit.

I just watched Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit & hope there isn't a sequel in this reboot. More vanilla then thrilling.

M
  • MattMatt Posts: 4,457
    edited April 2015
    Paranoia 2: What's That?! - Featuring the rerelease of Rockwell's "I Always Feel Like (Somebody's Watching Me)"

Working Girl 2: Younger Girl - Featuring the rerelease of Eddie Murphy's "Party All the Time"

Six More Days Seven More Nights: Another Week Too Long with Anne Heche

M
    Here's a reel of the cat that will be directing the photographer of this 'unnecessary sequel'. Roger Deakins - he's good.

• playdohsrepublicplaydohsrepublic Posts: 1,377
    He the cinematographer. Denis Villeneuve is directing. And yes Deakins is one of the best cinematographers in the business, but that also doesn't always make a good director. Wally Pfister is an incredible cinematographer and Transendence is unwatchable.

Also, there isn't really anything to add to the story except maybe ruining the mystique of its ambiguity, so still unnecessary.
    Ridley Scott, 77, offered a few details about the upcoming Blade Runner sequel at Yahoo! Movies. The film will be set around 2047, and although Harrison Ford will be in the film, Ryan Gosling is expected to take over the series following the first sequel. So, by "first sequel," I presume that means we're getting a Blade Runner film series. {groan}

“Listen: Everyone else is, so why not? I love to work,” says Scott on the prospect of turning the seminal Blade Runner into a franchise. “The French say, ‘Work to live,’ and I live to work. I’m very lucky to have a job that I adore. All my kids do the same thing. Some of it’s trying, but it’s like being in professional sport. It’s so competitive [that] you better keep bouncing the ball. You can’t rest.”
    edited October 2015

He the cinematographer. Denis Villeneuve is directing. And yes Deakins is one of the best cinematographers in the business, but that also doesn't always make a good director.

I'm only posting this because I would really, really like to see more of this world - done well of course.

Apparently Villeneuve has become quite a good director. Have you seen or read any reviews for Sicario, yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8tlEcnrGnU

More here
  • nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736
    Still not happening within my personal reality.
  • BionicDaveBionicDave Posts: 377
    "Blade Runner" is my favorite film, and through the decades I've been nauseated at any *hint* of a sequel being tossed about; this beautiful film needs no sequel. Naturally, my nausea and fear had grown exponentially once official word for the sequel was released. BUT it was eased somewhat when I saw this YouTube interview with the BR2 director, Denis Villeneuve (from Quebec). IF this sequel has to be made, at least I'm more comfortable knowing that a guy like this is helming it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwXiaUuuhyY
    I would like this to be an incredible film, but statistically speaking, the odds are against it.
    Thought this might interest any Philip K Dick fans here. A new TV series called Electric Dreams: The World of Philip K. Dick, is being produced by Sony Pictures and the UK's Channel 4. The 10-part anthology series will focus on PKD's short stories. Each episode will tackle a different standalone story.

The show will be written and executive produced by Battlestar Galactica creator Ronald D. Moore and TV vet Michael Dinner. Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston is also executive producing, and will appear in at least one episode. It's still unclear when the series will premiere and whether it will make it to US broadcast screens.

More here: Channel4.com

• nweathingtonnweathington Posts: 6,736

Thought this might interest any Philip K Dick fans here. A new TV series called Electric Dreams: The World of Philip K. Dick, is being produced by Sony Pictures and the UK's Channel 4. The 10-part anthology series will focus on PKD's short stories. Each episode will tackle a different standalone story.

The show will be written and executive produced by Battlestar Galactica creator Ronald D. Moore and TV vet Michael Dinner. Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston is also executive producing, and will appear in at least one episode. It's still unclear when the series will premiere and whether it will make it to US broadcast screens.

More here: Channel4.com

Sounds like they may stick a little closer to his text than past productions—which is A-OK by me. I'll certainly keep my eye out for it.

Thanks for the heads up, @bralinator! That sounds fantastic. Can't wait to watch it.

Did anyone else here read Boom Studios' unabridged comic book adaptation of Dick's *Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?* I thought it was wonderful, they did such a great job with it. Very much worth reading.

Thanks for the heads up, @bralinator! That sounds fantastic. Can't wait to watch it.

Did anyone else here read Boom Studios' unabridged comic book adaptation of Dick's *Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?* I thought it was wonderful, they did such a great job with it. Very much worth reading.
    I bought the collected trade but have not gotten around to reading it yet. Thanks for the reminder and recommendation @BionicDave
    This thread title made me laugh again.

I crack me up.
    Behold, the first teaser trailer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haXvp8M9Cog

Has anyone here seen "The Arrival" yet? Same director.
    Also boasts the same writer as the original "Blade Runner" screenplay.

Still not convinced that it is "necessary," but I will watch this.

• Has anyone here seen "The Arrival" yet? Same director.

Saw ARRIVAL last night. Loved it! Was lucky enough to see a special screening with guests Denis Villeneuve (director), Eric Heisserer (writer), and Amy Adams (star). Villeneuve is totally humble and approachable, I walked up afterward and intro'd myself / told him Blade Runner is my fave movie / that his YouTube video is what convinced me that if a sequel must come, he's the right guy to do it. And he was like "That's a lot of pressure!" lol
    Unecessary, but it looks pretty. Looking forward to the official trailer to drop sometime Monday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUgbntoMyW8
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511
    I loved the original. If they can maintain consistency with Syd Mead's original visual design, I'll be a happy camper regardless of whether or not it was necessary.
    After seeing this footage from BR2, it's clear that one big hurdle for me will be looking at it and meshing it with the look of the original film. Just does not look like the same world to me.

After seeing this footage from BR2, it's clear that one big hurdle for me will be looking at it and meshing it with the look of the original film. Just does not look like the same world to me.

Yep.

Too slick.

Not enough greeble.
    Lucasfilm has managed to pull it off so far.
  • hauberkhauberk Posts: 1,511

I don't know. The desert scenes are very consistent with some of Mead's illustrations for a segment that wasn't filmed.