Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Marvel announces "Modok: Assassin" tie-in for Secret Wars

Comments

• David_DDavid_D Posts: 3,884
    That does look really fun. Although, as great as Yost is, I wish that Ales Kot were writing it. The way he writes MODOK in Secret Avengers is fantastic. My favorite take on that character. And he gets a lot of page time in it. I mean, I know that none of these corporate characters belong to any one creator. But I feel like the way that Kot is doing MODOK now makes it feel like he is "his".
  • I hear ya. I'm "all in" on MODOK these days and will take anything I can get though. Still waiting for an issue where he and Maria Hill go on a double date with Jessica Drew and Vladamir the Sentient Bomb, because that would be the greatest single issue in the history of comics.
  • HexHex Posts: 944
    For my money, MODOK got nothin on Vladamir the Sentient Bomb. Vlad is the break out character of 2015.
  • Love me some Vlad!
  • mwhitt80mwhitt80 Posts: 4,635
    Has MODOK become the new deadpool at this point?
  • SolitaireRoseSolitaireRose Posts: 1,445
    mwhitt80 said:

Oh, I hope so!

• DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
  • luke52luke52 Posts: 1,392
    I'm liking the look of a lot of these upcoming marvel books. Old Man Logan, Planet Hulk, Thors, Where Monsters Dwell. All looking good.
    mwhitt80 said:

Now, take this with the caveat that there are a LOT of Deadpool stories I haven't read, so I can easily have missed a lot of good ones--

I think the way Kot and Walsh do MODOK is actually funny (as well as strange, surprising, and actually moving the plot forward).

Too often Deadpool feels like the creators are trying to be funny. And not much else is going on other than that effort.
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

Now, take this with the caveat that there are a LOT of Deadpool stories I haven't read, so I can easily have missed a lot of good ones--

I think the way Kot and Walsh do MODOK is actually funny (as well as strange, surprising, and actually moving the plot forward).

Too often Deadpool feels like the creators are trying to be funny. And not much else is going on other than that effort.
    Wakka wakka!
    edited March 2015
    WetRats said:

David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

Wakka wakka!
    By contrast, Fozzie tries hard to be funny. Often that effort actually *is* funny. And we like him for it.
  • bralinatorbralinator Posts: 5,967
    David_D said:

WetRats said:

David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

Wakka wakka!
    By contrast, Fozzie tries hard to be funny. Often that effort actually *is* funny. And we like him for it.
    agree
  • WetRatsWetRats Posts: 6,314
    David_D said:

WetRats said:

David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

Wakka wakka!
    OK. So more like Seth Meyers, then?
  • DoctorDoomDoctorDoom Posts: 2,586
    David_D said:

mwhitt80 said:

I feel that way regarding Daniel Way's DP.

Brian Posehn's on the other hand, I fin d to be both humorous and human.